Cayman on our own

lorajo

Hello,

We are going to Grand Cayman on the Valor Dec 11/05.

Do you have to take a tour to go to Sting Ray city or can you just take a taxi there?

Lora

RC Soverign of Seas 12/09/02

Carnival Paradise 01/03/00

One thing you could do is take a taxi to Rum Point on the other side of the bay but you would stil need a boat to get out to the part of the reef known as Sting Ray City. I would think it would be better to just arrange with someone like Captain Marvin's to transport you to and from Sting Ray City. It's only about $35 per person and you don't have to do anything. It's a nice boat ride and they provide water and juice if you like.

Hello,

We are going to Grand Cayman on the Valor Dec 11/05.

Do you have to take a tour to go to Sting Ray city or can you just take a taxi there?

You can only get to Stingray City by boat. It isn't accessable from shore.

One thing you could do is take a taxi to Rum Point on the other side of the bay but you would stil need a boat to get out to the part of the reef known as Sting Ray City. I would think it would be better to just arrange with someone like Captain Marvin's to transport you to and from Sting Ray City. It's only about $35 per person and you don't have to do anything. It's a nice boat ride and they provide water and juice if you like.

Taxi to Rum Point will cost a fortune. It is a 40 min ride out of Georgetown, plus I doubt you'd get a taxi to wait for you. And as above have stated, Stingray City is only accessable by boat.

If you are going to explore on your own, consider renting a car. We used Cico AVIS on GC. I have posted an extensive review of Rum Point under this port if you are interested. Web address for Cico Avis is

http://aviscayman.com/cruise.htm

It will be significantly less to rent a car than take a taxi if you are thinking of going out to Rum Point.

Archived