Ok Have to ask

I GOT IT! Finally after 5 days.

TA had carnival on phone while I was on other phone. She said they could do it. I had two rooms I was looking at and they told me one was port side. So took that one.

There were no 2 person rooms left on ship in 8C - so chances of it being a problem are probably slim - and even if they have to move us it won't be to an 8C so they would have to upgrade.

From 8A to 8C was $70.

Haven't told hubby and if he doesn't catch it on credit card I will keep it as a surprise.

Hope all goes well.

Oh and they didn't mention the 8B with upgrade to 8E; we booked using VIFP # so maybe it wasn't available under that?- but I am ok with our empress deck midship 7396!

I think you mentioned this was your first cruise, i cant remember. Just to clarify being "port side" doesnt mean you will always be facing the port.

Are you planning on adding someone later. No biggie...like I said...just curious.

Somehow this happened to us. We went on the cruise with two in the cabin. We found out a couple months later we had brought a third home. Still trying to figure out what happened. :eek::p

Hey I'm a TA this is weird because it's impossible for me to book 2 people in a cabin for three. When I click that there are 2 ppl in a room I only get a list of rooms that accommodate 2 ppl. I think you need to stick in the room for 3 although fyi the room for 3 usually isn't bigger than one for 2 so why you want a room for 3 I don't actually understand. Why can't you just book a room for two as there are less rooms for 3 and ur wasting space for a family that may actually need a room for 3.

Hey I'm a TA this is weird because it's impossible for me to book 2 people in a cabin for three. When I click that there are 2 ppl in a room I only get a list of rooms that accommodate 2 ppl. I think you need to stick in the room for 3 although fyi the room for 3 usually isn't bigger than one for 2 so why you want a room for 3 I don't actually understand. Why can't you just book a room for two as there are less rooms for 3 and ur wasting space for a family that may actually need a room for 3.

You are not the first person to ask the question why they need a three person cabin but no answers have been forthcoming.:confused:

Bill

Very true, you could have your room changed if rooms become available and someone then needs a 3 person room.

Right now there are none available, but you never know :)

I remember you posting the 8A was above a lounge and you were concerned so I know why you moved!!

btw just because there are no 8Cs now means nothing about there being more later. I know on one cruise, we were sure I would get a higher category with a gty, that was all that was left. 8 days before my cruise, the upsell fairy started making calls .. and freed up those lower categories just fine. I did not get one of the available cabins .. and this could happen to you too. Just dont assume if no 8Cs now, none will be there later... because you never know.

Somehow this happened to us. We went on the cruise with two in the cabin. We found out a couple months later we had brought a third home. Still trying to figure out what happened. :eek::p

Hilarious:D

I mention there that they have no 2 person 8C's left at all.

That is why we were looking at the 3 person 8C and also how we ended up with the 8A three person as well.

sorry missed that. My apologies.

Did you get the 8E cabin on the Lido deck?

Bill

That happens from time to time :D

The upgrade to 8E was only for past guests who have actually sailed. Not for people who have applied for VIFP and have not sailed yet.

It is still new and very confusing this new program of theirs. Even though past guest was supposed to have become the VIFP program - there are currently two separate pricings.

One price more discounted - for people that have actually cruised before.

Another less discounted price - for those that have not cruised before but have applied for the number.

The latter I think is a little nuts and defeats the purpose of a past guest program - but as I have never cruised before it totally worked in my favour. Saved me several hundred dollars :)

So while I received a discount - mine did not come with the upgrades.

How I found out that the separate pricing existed was a total fluke - originally went in on booking site and input VIFP # and hit submit, but then changed my mind and "unchecked" the VIFP box and proceeded. Sure enough a second pricing of "VIFP" member came up; the other route of keeping the box checked brought up "past guest" pricing which showed upgrades as well.

But still happy with 8C!

Archived