Sail and Sign Discrepancy On Recent Cruise

Fuffty

Yes on my last cruise. I was looking over my statement midweek and noticed a 4.95 charge. Looks to be a soda or something and I didn't order any sodas onboard.

Why those shifty bastards. I was so mad I stood up from where I was sitting in the Atrium and immediately punched a nun in the face. I was so steamed. Well the Guest Services folks saw me coming and one scrambled for cover while the other handed me wads of cash and apologized while begging for mercy.

Well ok that didnt happen, I read further and a few lines later I saw the charge was removed. They caught it all on their own.

Bwahahaha! Like!

I've never had extra charges, but on my last cruise, while traveling with a friend, we had gotten a $40pp price drop from booking early saver. On the day we got the S&S bill, the full $80 had been applied to my account, and my friend was stuck with all her charges. I had to go to guest services and ask them to change it. Not a huge deal, but I would rather have not had to stand in line with everyone else to get it changed.

Ummmmm... wouldn't it have been easier to just give your friend $40 cash and save waiting in line? Even if you didn't have $40 in cash, couldn't they wait until you got home, or found an ATM, or something?

At least that's how me and my family/friends would handle it. We wouldn't even consider letting somebody wait in line in that situation.

Edited by rajones007
ugh...grammar.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad they got it corrected.

Hubby is OCD about receipts....he keeps in envelope in the cabin drawer and checks each one off against the statement.

Yes, we have had some false charges....but not that many in over 50 cruises....and they have always corrected it.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but it's worth repeating to check your statements once you get home!

We just cruised on the Celebrity Reflection last week, and low and behold, when our credit card was charged, there was an extra $6.21 charge compared to the printed receipt they left in our cabin on the last day.

Of course, they tried saying that we took something from the minibar, which was actually impossible since the room steward had locked the minibar on the last night. :(

This is why I always hold onto the receipt they print out and compare it to my credit card statement when I get home.

Never kept a receipt, never checked the total. We must have been screwed over on at least one cruise, but I was having such a good time I couldn't be bothered. I think on my first cruise when I was in my 20's I tried keeping them, but it isn't fun keeping track of over a thousand dollars of receipts in twenty or thirty dollar increments. I would lose at least one and get all mad that the total didn't match, wait in line, and lose.....