Amerisuites in FLL

ronjj66611

HELP!

My wife just booked Amerisuites in FLL for 7/2/05 cruise on the Caribbean Princess. My questions are these:

1) They say they have a free shuttle to Port Everglades Port, but is that where the Caribbean Princess leaves from?

2) Is the shuttle reliable and easy to use versus just getting a taxi? How much would a taxi cost?

3) What time would you think to leave the hotel for the port?

Thanks in advance for all your help and HAPPY SAILINGS!:)

Ron

We stayed at the Amerisuites last month after our cruise. We seem to stay there often since the Embassy Suites is so high priced now.

AmeriSuites has a free shuttle to/from the airport and to/from the pier. Airport, just pick up the correct hotel phone and call them when you arrive, they are usually there within 30 minutes to take you to the hotel.

Check with the desk when you arrive to see if there is a waiting list for the next mornings departure to the port. Yes, it will take you right to the pier area to check in to the ship.

We often take a taxi (which runs about $6-$8) if the shuttle is full just so we can get there earlier.

If you take a taxi, you can leave anytime after about 10:30 AM for the pier if you don't mind standing in line. If you take the shuttle, I think it begins around 11:30-12:00 with the first transfer.

AND.........Publix has just moved their store to a new shopping center directly across the street from AmeriSuites, maybe a 3 minute walk. Nice and close for picking up any last minute items. Just ask at the desk at the hotel and they will point you in the right direction, you can't miss it. Great store and the small strip mall may have lots more stores open by this summer. They were just beginning when we were there last month.

Enjoy your cruise!

Its an awesome hotel .. how can you beat free transfer from the airport, free transfer to the pier, free parking of your car if you have one. A GOOD free breakfast.

Very nice rooms, fridge, microwave, everything you could possibly want for $50 !!

Very close to the Pier, I stayed in this hotel for a 2 week stretch when i was on my CCNP training and have used it ever since for my cruise stays. I walked to the Pier in about 10 minutes from this hotel it is that close. The shuttle transfer starts at 11:00 the first shuttles are always packed but if you can get on your golden if not yes a taxi with tip will run you $10 still not a bad deal.

A caution. There are two Amerisuites in FLL. If you catch an Amerisuites shuttle, make sure that it is the one for the hotel YOU are staying at.

Good Point, sorry, I wasn't even thinking about the two of them. The one I am talking about is just off 17th Street, a few minutes from the pier. I totally forgot about the second one. :eek:

We stayed at amerisuites before our cruise in March. Shuttle from airport and to port was easy to use. we got on to go to the port at about 10:30. overall, it was a very good value at $62.

The only thing we didn't like was the bed. This was by far the hardest mattress we ever slept on and we both woke up sore.

Comparing AmeriSuites to other hotels we have stayed in lately, we have never noticed that the beds were any harder than the others. In fact, they are so much nicer than the beds onboard the ships.

I sure would like to find a cruise line that has actual beds that are comfortable, it would be a nice change.

Barbara, I will be interested to see if you get the Amerisuites for less than we have through Valuetrips. You'll have to let me know how your Priceline experience works out.

I felt pretty good with $69/night since we originally were paying $99 for the LaQuinta.

Patsy

There is a sofa bed in the living room area. Just to make absolutely sure though I would give them a quick call to make sure that ALL rooms the sofa makes into a bed, just to be on the safe side. I think no matter what you pay, even through priceline, there is a small charge ($10 if memory serves me correctly) for a third person in the room.

Their telephone number to the hotel is:954-763-6269

Archived