5/1/05 Dawn Review--CHUNKS!

greenie

You're right. It does sound kinda gross ... but only because YOU PEOPLE have gross minds! :D I never thought of that word as a piece of regurgitation until you peeps started with that! LOL

OK, so how about if I call 'em HUNKS from now on? That brings to mind a far more pleasant image... whaddya think, Ann? ;) Will that be better?

Hunks does nothing for me perhaps it could be a little piece of .... ;)

If you like that better our host can change it for you. Drop her an email. Think of all the "great" things with chunksYou have Chunky Soup, Chucky Peanut Butter, Chunky Blue Cheese, and just a Chunky.

i don't feel well :p

I would leave it alone - nobody will remember the date - everyone will remember chunks - easy to search for a year from now. Did a quick seach and only 18 posts with chunks

My husband and I have Owner's Suite (10006?) on the Dawn booked for our 25th Anniversary next March, so it was fabulous to get some low-down on it.

Sorry to hear that Blue Lagoon was a disappointment--I've seen their menu and it looked like a decent selection.

Did you ever visit Pearly King's Pub? Our first full day (at sea) is St. Patrick's Day, and we're wondering if that might be a good place to celebrate green beer, er, I meant St. Pat's Day. My husband is part-Irish, as is my cousin's wife.

Shoreguy--so far there are the four of us, but we'd love to have you and your sense of humor along. Maybe we can't sneak a BBQ on board, but what about making smores with the flames from the fondue pots in Le Bistro?

Thanks again for your posts, Greenie. I usually keep a journal on cruises and make a couple notes daily, but spaced out on our cruise in December. I'm just now trying to put my scrapbook together--I'm using the daily activities sheet to jog my memory.

I'm so ready for the Dawn Owner's Suite, and now I have more knowledge. Yeah! Carla

Hey Carla--how cool to be staying in one of the Deck 10 Owners Suites! I wished I could have checked one out, out of curiosity/nosiness. I'm sure they are very similar, but the Deck 10 ones are a little larger--their dining area is more of a separate nook from what I hear. And the ones on Deck 9 have a different layout for the bathroom--a rectangle, as opposed to long/narrow (relatively speaking of course!) in the ones on Deck 10. Not positive what else the differences might be. Maybe you'll be able to tell me based on my photos vs your suite once you see it. I opted for the bathroom configuration, but of course wondered the whole week "I wonder if the Owner's Suites on Deck 10 are even nice than this?!" ;)

I didn't dislike Blue Lagoon--I just had some bad service. And the fish fry was delicious! I never bothered with it again because all the other eating options beckoned. On a longer cruise, I would have gone back and tried the macaroni and cheese. :)

We never got to Pearly King's pub, except to walk through it on the long line to the chocolate buffet. Yes, we had to walk through the pub to get to the stairs to the Venetian! Toldja the Dawn is quirkey! The pub looked like it would have been fun to hang out in--big screen TV, belly up to the bar. We had a bar set-up plus the liquor that came with our suite (3 bottles, don't forget) so we didn't do the bar scene as much as we might have otherwise. Plus if I did, it would have made me want to smoke--haven't smoked in a long time (right, Nanny?), but it's like Pavlov's dog, I'm afraid! Bar + drink + friends = smoke a cigarette! :(

Greenie,

The Mac and Cheese is horrible:eek: Talk about chunk! It is made for a kids palate

I'm so glad I didn't try it then--especially as my stomach was a little upset on several days due to rockin' and rollin'. How gross would THAT have been ...!

:eek:

We had a bar set-up plus the liquor that came with our suite (3 bottles, don't forget) so we didn't do the bar scene as much as we might have otherwise. Plus if I did, it would have made me want to smoke--haven't smoked in a long time (right, Nanny?), but it's like Pavlov's dog, I'm afraid! Bar + drink + friends = smoke a cigarette! :(

Greenie, Ben loved the Blue Lagoon, Donatatella was the best waitress! BL was his midnight snack stop. Funny, I didn't care for the fish & chips but loved the potatoes, melted cheese and bacon :) Humm.... I can't remember who I got a cig. for?? yea, sure. But.... if I had the bar setup Greenie had, I would have been at a pack a day - it was unbelievable!! We're waiting for your next "chunk" and BTW, I did send Shoreguy the email address of the young martini bartender.

Greenie,

Reading your review has been such a treat. We did Dawn's sister ship in Hawaii a few years ago and loved it. You are bringing back such great memories. And making me want to sail the Dawn one of these days.

Thanks for taking the time to do such a terrific review for us.

Kathy

Okay - Here is a tip on the Blue Lagoon...Their fried rice is really good. Not so much a traditional chinese restaurant flavor, but quite tasty just the same. Also - wonton soup was good and my husband was addicted to the chicken wings!

My husband and I have Owner's Suite (10006?) on the Dawn booked for our 25th Anniversary next March, so it was fabulous to get some low-down on it.

Sorry to hear that Blue Lagoon was a disappointment--I've seen their menu and it looked like a decent selection.

Did you ever visit Pearly King's Pub? Our first full day (at sea) is St. Patrick's Day, and we're wondering if that might be a good place to celebrate green beer, er, I meant St. Pat's Day. My husband is part-Irish, as is my cousin's wife.

Shoreguy--so far there are the four of us, but we'd love to have you and your sense of humor along. Maybe we can't sneak a BBQ on board, but what about making smores with the flames from the fondue pots in Le Bistro?

Thanks again for your posts, Greenie. I usually keep a journal on cruises and make a couple notes daily, but spaced out on our cruise in December. I'm just now trying to put my scrapbook together--I'm using the daily activities sheet to jog my memory.

I'm so ready for the Dawn Owner's Suite, and now I have more knowledge. Yeah! Carla

we (my GF and I) was with Greenie on our cruise and my GF and I hung out at Pearls they have great popcorn and it is the only reason why we were there at least that is our story, anyways try the Black Label it is Gininess (SP) and Champaing (SP) a black and tan I have to admit that I had a couple enjoy your cruise

Sam

Greenie, Ben loved the Blue Lagoon, Donatatella was the best waitress! BL was his midnight snack stop. Funny, I didn't care for the fish & chips but loved the potatoes, melted cheese and bacon :) Humm.... I can't remember who I got a cig. for?? yea, sure. But.... if I had the bar setup Greenie had, I would have been at a pack a day - it was unbelievable!! We're waiting for your next "chunk" and BTW, I did send Shoreguy the email address of the young martini bartender.

Thank you :)

Owners Suite 10006 - Decor is much like 9506 which Greenie gave a wonderful, accurate description of.

When you enter the suite, the powder room is on your right. Straight ahead is the living room with sliding glass doors to the balcony. There is a sofa, coffee table, chair with ottoman, Plasma TV and chaise longue. There is also a bar area and storage area on the L/R wall which backs the bathroom. Hard to explain but as you pass the powder room it is on your direct right. You have to turn your head around the corner to see it.

Turning to the left and walking through the L/R, there is another set of sliding glass doors to your balcony. Lovely white oak (?) table and chairs. Great spot for AM coffee, breakfast, and drinks in the evening. Corina will serve whatever you want, whenever you want. She is unbelievable.

OK, you are now walking through the L/R, as you pass the 2nd set of sliding glass doors, there is a beautiful, large bar in the corner. Fridge was a nice size, we even fit platters of food in there. We just couldn't keep up with the food being delivered to the room. Also, Corina will keep your fridge stocked w/water, soda and mixers. Just let her know when you are running low on something and it magically appears.

K, we are still walking through the L/R - you keeping up with me???

On your right (across from the sliding glass doors) is your dining area. Large oval table with four chairs. Set in an adorable alcove with a beautiful mural on the back wall. There are also 2 bar storage areas at each end of the table, in the side walls. It is just beautiful.

If you do not stop at the dining room and keep walking straight, you will enter the bedroom through pocket doors/drapes. There are pocket doors and also drapes so that you can just pull over/close both or just one. As you enter the bedroom, there is a seating area on the right (2chairs)and a chair and a desk and chair on the left. Desk has a laptop. It is a nice size sitting room.

Passing the 2 chairs on your right is the entrance (via pocket door) to the bathroom. Walking into the bathroom straight ahead is the double sink area. To the right is the toilet area w/glass door, past that is the shower w/glass door and than the jacuzzi w/plasma TV.

There is a window next to the jacuzzi which faces your deck so it is a private window. There is also a large porthole on the wall across from the shower so as you shower, you see the ocean. Quite cool!

OK, we are still in the bathroom. When you entered the bathroom, if you turned left instead of right, there is another pocket door. This leads to the dressing area, closet. It is GREAT. His and her's closets at each end with a vanity in the middle. 2 safes. Pants presser. Plenty, plenty of storage.

Back to the bedroom. If we didn't make a right into the bathroom, you would pass the desk area and the bed is in front of you. Another plasma TV in the wall. Walking past the bed is your front balcony.

We really could not believe how spacious this suite was. Also, the windows, glass doors are so well appointed. The mirrors are placed so that no matter where you are in the suite, you will see the ocean. It is unbelievable.

I'm sure that Greenie will attest to the fact that the light switches take some getting used to. We love to light up all the paintings when we leave the suite at night so that when we return the atmosphere/setting is just beautiful. Though, this suite has some "funky" paintings. Also, on each side of the bed, one of the switches lights UNDER the night table - great night light.

The pocket doors all have glass so, if you close them, you do not lose the light. We preferred to have them all open. Just a tip - if you get a rocky day/night (I hope you don't) you can lock the doors open at the bottom.

This trip, our doors kept opening and closing along with the drawers (on Friday night and Saturday). Thank goodness on Saturday I realized that I could probably lock the doors open. DUH, I have pocket doors at home!!! ]

One other tip, I brought plastic hangers this trip. They will supply as many hangers as you need but their hangers are huge and take up alot of space.

I prefer to hang all of my tops and slacks/skirts and all of them won't fit on the bar with those huge hangers. There is PLENTY of drawer space. We didn't even use half of the storage space provided in the suite and we travel heavy.

Sorry, this was so long. Trying to give you a good picture of it all. Any questions, please ask.

Pearly Kings - cute pub. Last year they had fish n chips every afternoon along with the popcorn. I believe it was 4 - 6pm every day, anyone know? This year they had a "pub team trivia" just about every afternoon at 5:30. The fish n chips wasn't on the daily? If we happened to pass through, the trivia did have quite a crowd.

The pub is one side smoking and one side not but it is not large. I would think that if you can't tolerate smoke, you may not like it. I smoke so we would stop in there after dining for a cigarette if we were on that floor.

I am sure that the ship will be doing something for St. Pat's Day! That should be fun!

Blue Lagoon - too small and really like a fast-food place. It does get quite crowded and noisy. When you pass through, you can't believe the crowds - at times.

When I'm on vacation, I want to be waited on. We do Venetian for lunch when we are on the ship. You can always find something on their menu that is enjoyable.

As far as the smores/fondue...just have the fondue delivered to your room and make your own smores! Hey, that just might tempt "Shoreguy" (who has really helped us with his expertise, thank you) to hop on your cruise.

Uh oh, one more hint...with the suite, concierge (Carlos, when we sailed) makes your dinner reservations. When you arrive at the restaurant and you give your suite number, you receive a fabulous table. However, on Saturday evening, we were seated Aft., in the Venetian at those beautiful windows. It was a table for 4 (2 of us) so that we could both view the ocean. DH could not handle viewing the ocean. Aft was really rocking that night. Poor thing, we had to leave BUT I should have had them change our table. Carlos stops in to each dining room to ensure that you have a "good" table.

Le Bistro is a wonderful, relaxing meal. If you dine there, leave plenty of time if you are heading somewhere after your meal. We were in there for 2-1/2 hours...it felt like only one hour. We could not believe it when we looked at our watches. In fact, we headed straight for the Stardust..and, perhaps Greenie and BF were seated next to us? I think it was the "Edge" night. Greenie was that you? A man and a woman were to my right and 2 woman (I know that was not you and Joe) were seated to my left.

Any ???...ask Greenie. Just kidding!

She is doing a great job - I feel like I'm on the cruise again, thanks Greenie. Don't know how you remember it all. I should print out your "chunks" for my memories book!

I'll just fill-in when you hit a "bump" that Greenie can't answer.

Happy cruising to you all!:)

Hunks does nothing for me perhaps it could be a little piece of .... ;)

If you like that better our host can change it for you. Drop her an email. Think of all the "great" things with chunksYou have Chunky Soup, Chucky Peanut Butter, Chunky Blue Cheese, and just a Chunky.

i don't feel well :p

I would leave it alone - nobody will remember the date - everyone will remember chunks - easy to search for a year from now. Did a quick seach and only 18 posts with chunks

Did I hear hunk? where? Direct those to my cabin! :p

Owners Suite 10006 - Decor is much like 9506 which Greenie gave a wonderful, accurate description of.

When you enter the suite, the powder room is on your right. Straight ahead is the living room with sliding glass doors to the balcony. There is a sofa, coffee table, chair with ottoman, Plasma TV and chaise longue. There is also a bar area and storage area on the L/R wall which backs the bathroom. Hard to explain but as you pass the powder room it is on your direct right. You have to turn your head around the corner to see it.

Turning to the left and walking through the L/R, there is another set of sliding glass doors to your balcony. Lovely white oak (?) table and chairs. Great spot for AM coffee, breakfast, and drinks in the evening. Corina will serve whatever you want, whenever you want. She is unbelievable.

OK, you are now walking through the L/R, as you pass the 2nd set of sliding glass doors, there is a beautiful, large bar in the corner. Fridge was a nice size, we even fit platters of food in there. We just couldn't keep up with the food being delivered to the room. Also, Corina will keep your fridge stocked w/water, soda and mixers. Just let her know when you are running low on something and it magically appears.

K, we are still walking through the L/R - you keeping up with me???

On your right (across from the sliding glass doors) is your dining area. Large oval table with four chairs. Set in an adorable alcove with a beautiful mural on the back wall. There are also 2 bar storage areas at each end of the table, in the side walls. It is just beautiful.

If you do not stop at the dining room and keep walking straight, you will enter the bedroom through pocket doors/drapes. There are pocket doors and also drapes so that you can just pull over/close both or just one. As you enter the bedroom, there is a seating area on the right (2chairs)and a chair and a desk and chair on the left. Desk has a laptop. It is a nice size sitting room.

Passing the 2 chairs on your right is the entrance (via pocket door) to the bathroom. Walking into the bathroom straight ahead is the double sink area. To the right is the toilet area w/glass door, past that is the shower w/glass door and than the jacuzzi w/plasma TV.

There is a window next to the jacuzzi which faces your deck so it is a private window. There is also a large porthole on the wall across from the shower so as you shower, you see the ocean. Quite cool!

OK, we are still in the bathroom. When you entered the bathroom, if you turned left instead of right, there is another pocket door. This leads to the dressing area, closet. It is GREAT. His and her's closets at each end with a vanity in the middle. 2 safes. Pants presser. Plenty, plenty of storage.

Back to the bedroom. If we didn't make a right into the bathroom, you would pass the desk area and the bed is in front of you. Another plasma TV in the wall. Walking past the bed is your front balcony.

We really could not believe how spacious this suite was. Also, the windows, glass doors are so well appointed. The mirrors are placed so that no matter where you are in the suite, you will see the ocean. It is unbelievable.

I'm sure that Greenie will attest to the fact that the light switches take some getting used to. We love to light up all the paintings when we leave the suite at night so that when we return the atmosphere/setting is just beautiful. Though, this suite has some "funky" paintings. Also, on each side of the bed, one of the switches lights UNDER the night table - great night light.

The pocket doors all have glass so, if you close them, you do not lose the light. We preferred to have them all open. Just a tip - if you get a rocky day/night (I hope you don't) you can lock the doors open at the bottom.

This trip, our doors kept opening and closing along with the drawers (on Friday night and Saturday). Thank goodness on Saturday I realized that I could probably lock the doors open. DUH, I have pocket doors at home!!! ]

One other tip, I brought plastic hangers this trip. They will supply as many hangers as you need but their hangers are huge and take up alot of space.

I prefer to hang all of my tops and slacks/skirts and all of them won't fit on the bar with those huge hangers. There is PLENTY of drawer space. We didn't even use half of the storage space provided in the suite and we travel heavy.

Uh oh, one more hint...with the suite, concierge (Carlos, when we sailed) makes your dinner reservations. When you arrive at the restaurant and you give your suite number, you receive a fabulous table. However, on Saturday evening, we were seated Aft., in the Venetian at those beautiful windows. It was a table for 4 (2 of us) so that we could both view the ocean. DH could not handle viewing the ocean. Aft was really rocking that night. Poor thing, we had to leave BUT I should have had them change our table. Carlos stops in to each dining room to ensure that you have a "good" table.

Le Bistro is a wonderful, relaxing meal. If you dine there, leave plenty of time if you are heading somewhere after your meal. We were in there for 2-1/2 hours...it felt like only one hour. We could not believe it when we looked at our watches. In fact, we headed straight for the Stardust..and, perhaps Greenie and BF were seated next to us? I think it was the "Edge" night. Greenie was that you? A man and a woman were to my right and 2 woman (I know that was not you and Joe) were seated to my left.

Any ???...ask Greenie. Just kidding!

She is doing a great job - I feel like I'm on the cruise again, thanks Greenie. Don't know how you remember it all. I should print out your "chunks" for my memories book!

I'll just fill-in when you hit a "bump" that Greenie can't answer.

Happy cruising to you all!:)

Cosmopolitan, that WAS me and Joe. :) Darn! There you were dwelling in one of the Deck 10 Owner Suites and I could have leaned over Joe to bug you to let me see. ;)

Your dressing area sounds bigger than our was--we didn't have as much storage space, I don't think. I know what you mean about those light switches ... we still hadn't quite mastered them after a week! (A reason to go back and do it all over again, hee.)

Tim, LOL! I thought of that (kiddingly of course) but didn't say anything because I'm so subtle. :D Sure do wish I could have been on the same cruise as you, you are a riot!

Tim, LOL! I thought of that (kiddingly of course) but didn't say anything because I'm so subtle. :D Sure do wish I could have been on the same cruise as you, you are a riot!

I believe there is one garden villa left for next week. I *guess* I would have to be a nice CC friend and bite the bullet and sleep in one of the spare rooms..but I'm only doing that because I'm so nice. I mean I'd be giving up my luxurious boiler room porthole cabin! :p hehe.

Cosmopolitan, that WAS me and Joe. :) Darn! There you were dwelling in one of the Deck 10 Owner Suites and I could have leaned over Joe to bug you to let me see. ;)

Your dressing area sounds bigger than our was--we didn't have as much storage space, I don't think. I know what you mean about those light switches ... we still hadn't quite mastered them after a week! (A reason to go back and do it all over again, hee.)

YIKES, Greenie, I should have followed my instincts.

We had seen you out on your deck at sailing. (Only the top of your heads). We were checking who was in our suite from last year, (9506). But, we were talking to the couple who were in the AC next to us. So, I didn't pay too much attention plus I was on the cell with my daughter and her boyfriend who were somewhere on the pier looking for us as they were in the bike NY thing.

When we left "Edge" that night, I asked my DH, who is much more observant that I, if he thought that you were the couple in 9506 but he wasn't sure. I was embarrassed to turn and ask you. I should have had one MORE drink at Le Bistro and I would have asked you myself!

Our suite was much like yours. Larger L/R, D/R area and larger storage. We love both suites equally. For 2 people the ninth floor is wonderful and certainly sufficient. We are doing 9th floor suite in September on the Jewel.

A couple that we met last year, we were in 9506, they were directly above us on 10 (we met them the first night at Stardust) and we never saw them again until disembarkation. They said (at disembarkation) that they NEVER left the suite...even for meals..they loved the suite so much.

They, like us, have their own business, 24/7, 365 days per year. But, though I have to allow my DH his "crash" time,(so we do not set up a m/g), we do enjoy meeting new people.

Wish we had talked. Would have certainly invited you back for drinks. If you were on Joe's left, I'm sure we would have talked.

So happy you enjoyed the cruise.

We love the Dawn and have to try out the Jewel.

When is your next cruise?

Keep your chunks coming...love them.

Isn't Tim just adorable????

Wish he had been on our cruise! He would have gotten into all of our suites. :)

Love u Tim!

Yes, he is. And he certainly would've gotten into mine! (Wait--that didn't sound right ...:o) You know what I mean!

I thought it was cool how the forward balcony people would chat/wave with each other. 2 people from our roll-call (Samthebookitty and his GF) were in 9500. They'd been booked for the poor damaged 9502--directly next to us-- and had been switched. Would have been fun to have had all our neighbors. And I should have looked up and waved at you guys! Oh well.

I totally understand about needing the down time and not joining the M&G. I realize not everybody wants to do that. Sorry we missed meeting you, too. Our next cruise is a 10-day Southern Caribbean on the Spirit from NY on 2/9/06. We booked an AC Penthouse, and after seeing several sets of photos of them, we are excited--they look lovely. There's a couch in the living area, Timster, doesn't look full size but it can be reserved for you! And I love the bathrooms with all those windows! I must have a thing for nice bathrooms ...

Keep your chunks coming...love them.

Chunks? Greenie...help a guy out here! As much as I love your review chunks..throw some jude laws or ashton kutchers my way..LOL.

Hmmm greenie and cosmopolitan...letting me into your suite? Do we need to move this thread to one of the 'fun stuff' threads? :D

Okay so Adam doesn't like steak, but I reallllllllllllly want to try Cagneys so I just want to make sure about the salmon..he insists it comes with steak b/c it says "salmon steak." but I told him thats just what it's called. Am i right?? thanks!

Tim :D

ps.

Greenie..i saw the reason why you edited your post..so cute! I'm the same way. I sometimes use way too many !.

Chunks? Greenie...help a guy out here! As much as I love your review chunks..throw some jude laws or ashton kutchers my way..LOL.

Hmmm greenie and cosmopolitan...letting me into your suite? Do we need to move this thread to one of the 'fun stuff' threads? :D

Okay so Adam doesn't like steak, but I reallllllllllllly want to try Cagneys so I just want to make sure about the salmon..he insists it comes with steak b/c it says "salmon steak." but I told him thats just what it's called. Am i right?? thanks!

Tim :D

ps.

Greenie..i saw the reason why you edited your post..so cute! I'm the same way. I sometimes use way too many !.

Tell Adam "salmon steak" means a hunka salmon, not steak and salmon. :)

greenie...

Love reading your "chunk" reviews, now that I'm back to having a computer. I feel bad that I got sick the last few days of our 4/24 cruise and ended up in bed for the first week back. Then, when I went to get caught up with Cruise Critic, my computer "got sick", so I've not been able to "post" a review.

Reading your "chunks" really make me feel like I stayed on board the DAWN and cruised with you...thanks for helping me "relive" some of my memories that really seemed to fade after the "cold" caught me on my last three cruise days.

Keep those "chunks" coming. Perhaps I'll forego posting a "late" review and relinquish myself to just answering future DAWN passenger questions.

Debjo

Debjo,

WELCOME BACK! How was the cruise??? As you can see..one more week for me. :D Cannot wait to get on board.

Did you eat in Cagney's? I'm eating there the first night and can't wait to try the filet mignon..mmmm!!

Tim

greenie...

Love reading your "chunk" reviews, now that I'm back to having a computer. I feel bad that I got sick the last few days of our 4/24 cruise and ended up in bed for the first week back. Then, when I went to get caught up with Cruise Critic, my computer "got sick", so I've not been able to "post" a review.

Reading your "chunks" really make me feel like I stayed on board the DAWN and cruised with you...thanks for helping me "relive" some of my memories that really seemed to fade after the "cold" caught me on my last three cruise days.

Keep those "chunks" coming. Perhaps I'll forego posting a "late" review and relinquish myself to just answering future DAWN passenger questions.

Debjo

Debjo, I'm so glad you're back, I've missed you and been a little worried! Glad to hear things are OK now, but so sorry that you were sick, you poor thing. I hope DH tended to your every need, wish, and whim!

I've more chunks to post but have taken a break to get all my pictures in order--I hope to have them all posted by tomorrow afternoon. Do you have pics you can share?

Shoreguy, good one! :D

A chunka chunka burnin' loooooooove

For NJcruiser21...

Yes, we did eat in CAGNEY's...and on our first night too! Originally we were planning to take advantage of the 1/2 off deal, but since we had ordered the "Anniversary Package", which included dinner at LE BISTRO and my dh really didn't want to eat at LE BISTRO again, we asked the Maitre d' at Cagney's if we could "substitute" his dining venue for our "free" dinner at LE BISTRO. He graciously accommodated our request. Normally, we would have had to pay the difference in cover charge prices, but since it was 1/2 price night at CAGNEY's we didn't have to pay any additional. NOTE: we also didn't get a credit for the few dollars less that CAGNEY's 1/2 price night ended up being, but we didn't care...we were elated to have our request to change restaurants honored. We had a great waiter...Renalto (whom we requested based on another Cruise Critic's advice), but I'm not sure if he will be on your cruise in a week as he told us that he was leaving the ship during our cruise to go on his vacation. Both of us ordered the French Onion Soup and for our entrees: DH had the Filet Mignon and said that it "melted in his mouth", I ordered the T-Bone Steak...as I wanted a big "chuck" of meat (don't get confused with greenie's "chunks"). I received half a steer, I think! I'm a real meat & potatos kind of gal (give me black angus beef any day of the week and I'm happy), and I was amazed that even I couldn't finish my T-Bone! In fact, my husband and I were so full that we didn't have room for dessert.

Half way through our sumptuous meal, I remembered that our Cruise Critic Meet & Greet was scheduled for the same time in the Lifestyles Room. Embarassed, I asked my husband if I could leave our "anniversary" dinner and pop into the M & G for a few minutes. He wholeheartedly understood (I guess that's why we've been married for 28 years), so I literally ran from Cagney's to the other end of the ship and popped in to our Meet & Greet for a few minutes. I missed Klaus Lugmeir, but did get a chance to meet the person who set up our M & G and another poster on our Roll Call Board. I felt bad that no one else from our sailing showed up and was glad that I made the effort. Needless to say, all that running around didn't expend the calories and make room for the rest of my lucious meal at Cagney's. It was such a shame to leave some Black Angus sitting on my plate. That would never happen at home...a "doggy bag" would guarantee another day in beef heaven. But, we were on a cruise and that means unlimited food...no need to be stocking the refrigerator in our cabin with left-overs we'd never have stomach space to eat. Even having a "forward" cabin which forced us to do a lot of extra walking didn't help us "finish" all our meals. The great thing is that we didn't gain any weight on this cruise with all the walking we did!

For greenie...

I've got some pictures I can share, should I ever figure out my new computer system and all the updates I now have. I guess I'm just an "old dog" that has difficulty learning "new" tricks. You should have seen how long it took me to figure out how to "downsize" the picture I posted on the ICE CREAM MACHINE thread, so the Cruise Critic site would accept it. I've got 2/3 of the pictures in my computer now, so I just have to figure out how to get them on the web. I didn't take as many pictures this year as I did last year...I didn't need to duplicate all of the detailed ship pictures that I took last year, so I mostly took pictures of Kerry and the things that we did this time around. Since we had such glorious weather this year (it was really gray, cloudy, and rainy last year), I did manage to get some good exterior pictures of the DAWN basking in the sunshine. We enjoyed watching the "slideshow" of our trip on the new computer just last night!

In getting my computer documents transferred over to my new CPU, somehow my FAVORITE files aren't appearing. I don't know whether they didn't get copied or perhaps got lost...they may even be here somewhere and I haven't found them yet, but I don't have the website addresses of the popular picture posting places anymore. Please post the web address to the site you'll be posting your pictures and I'll see if I can get some of mine posted there too. I did get some great pictures of your cabin if you didn't and would be happy to pass them on to you!

Getting the cold the last three days of our cruise really didn't make me skip a beat until I got home...and yes, dh took care of me great until he caught my cold. Then the two of us just went to bed for a few days, deciding which one of us was better than the other to go and feed the horses each day. It made me wish I kept my friend around who fed the horses while we were on the cruise!

Debjo (getting caught up)

Archived