Istanbul Diner and Show

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant that might also have entertainment (i.e. Whirling Dervish or Belly Dancers). We are a late 40's couple who will be staying in the Sultanahmet area and are hoping to find something in walking distance.

Thanks

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant that might also have entertainment (i.e. Whirling Dervish or Belly Dancers). We are a late 40's couple who will be staying in the Sultanahmet area and are hoping to find something in walking distance.

Thanks

If you go back to the Other Port main page....... use the search this forum function. I just did a search for "whirling dervish" and 2 pages of threads came up ......... you can also search for "bellydancers" ......... there have been many recommendations and you will find a bunch in those threads. Hope this helps.

We did a dinner show our first trip there but it was not in walking distance to Sultanahmet area......... so can't help there.

Thank you, Texan cruiser as I am also researching this I did the search, but there is not much recent material, neither on Trip Advisor.

Seems I will have to make a decision between:

Orient House lots of entertainment, but food not so good, although nice menu,

Sultana's also good show and might have Didem, transfers included, food average, but looks it might be a very warm place or

Dance of Colours sailing up the Bosphorus cruise (transfers included, limited show, menu probably alright, chance to cool down outside if hot and night time views.

So, does anyone know if the above places are air-conditioned?

The dinner cruise cost 58 euro p/p, can not find price of the others, but Sultana's might be 100 euro p/p.

Thank you, Texan cruiser as I am also researching this I did the search, but there is not much recent material, neither on Trip Advisor.

Seems I will have to make a decision between:

Orient House lots of entertainment, but food not so good, although nice menu,

Sultana's also good show and might have Didem, transfers included, food average, but looks it might be a very warm place or

Dance of Colours sailing up the Bosphorus cruise (transfers included, limited show, menu probably alright, chance to cool down outside if hot and night time views.

So, does anyone know if the above places are air-conditioned?

The dinner cruise cost 58 euro p/p, can not find price of the others, but Sultana's might be 100 euro p/p.

We enjoyed our night at Sultanas ALOT. We overnighted in Istanbul on our first visit there on a Celebrity cruise and one of our cruise mates organized our dinner. We had 43+- people and the restaurant sent 2 small buses to pick us up and return us. I think we paid 57 or 58 euros per person for the deluxe meal (including wine). I know it was NOT 100 euros pp for sure :eek:

The meal was really good as I recall. Mezas first and then a choice of 2 or 3 entrees, desert was a tray of bite size of a bunch of different yummy things.

The show was fun. Bellydancers were very good, folk dancers entertaining and then there was a skit type show which had audience participation. It was a bit hokey but quite funny.

The restaurant is air conditioned but you must go down a bunch of steps once in the building. The room is very large and the stage is easily seen from pretty much anywhere in the room. No dervish...... I wanted to see them on our last trip there but dh didn't really want to.

Archived