Best Private Tour for the Ruins

azndo4life

Going to Belize on the Carnival Dream in two weeks and wanted to know a private company that can give us a tour of the Mayan Ruins. Any of them would be great at a reasonable price. I will be traveling with a great number of people so the price is key. Thanks

Going to Belize on the Carnival Dream in two weeks and wanted to know a private company that can give us a tour of the Mayan Ruins. Any of them would be great at a reasonable price. I will be traveling with a great number of people so the price is key. Thanks

Have done Xunantunich 3 times out of 6 visits (and will likely do it again). Did Altun Ha River Wallace tour 1X. Xunantunich is hands down the winner and a fantastic visit. You travel bisecting the entire nation getting a good flavor of the geography different economic regions, and the culture. Upon arrival at the site after about a 90 minute bus ride, you cross the River Mopan on a hand rope towed ferry (that's a hoot!!) . Then up the mountain top to the ruins site. There you can climb the main pyramid in the complex for a spectacular view of the surrounding central American area. The complex sits on the Guatemalan border.

Altun Ha is OK and we have visited several other ruins in the Yucatan. Xunantunich was and is the best!!. The views can not be described!!

Word of caution and suggestion. I urge you to use Carnival for the tour. Thats tough to swallow sometimes but this one is different. I believe they include lunch (and they have been good ones)and we did feel that as opposed to many other tours we've been on this one was priced appropriately and was of value.

The biggest reason is this is a day long 7-8 hour excursion and one needs to know the ship will wait or that you are covered in the event of a glitch on the tour. Its a very tight time frame but it works and is well worth it. The rate for food, access to the site and transport comes out to about $10.00 per person per hour (plus some change). And in the end we had peace of mind that our 6 was covered as related to catching the ship on a tight time frame in the event of a glitch in the tour.

NCQtours/Belize does a ruins tour. He specializes in groups. He will customize the tour however you want & I believe the more pax the cheaper it is per person. But you can check out his web site if interested. We haven't done his tour yet, but have him booked for our Nov Dream sailing. I have read some reviews on him- all very positive.

Archived