Last Minute Travel Cancellation Policy Question

PR Cruisers

The cancellation policy for a hotel that I have booked is as follows:

"Cancellation Policy

Hotel cancellations or changes made 3 day/s prior to check in time (Noon local hotel time), will be subject to 1 night/s fee

Hotel cancellations or changes made 1 day/s prior to check in time (Noon local hotel time), will be subject to a full fare fee

No-show is subjected to a full fare fee"

I dont understand if I cancelled my reservation 10 days before check in day, I will be fully refunded or charge a 1 night fee?

If you cancel 4 days or more in advance, you will get a full refund. 10 days ahead of time then will give you the full refund.

If you wait until 2 or 3 days prior to the stay to cancel, you will be charged for one night. If you wait to cancel the day before or day of, you will be charged the full length of the stay booked.

UNLESS the particular hotel has a specific refund policy for your date of stay. I have on rare occasion seen a dlightly stricter policy if it is during a BIG event like Mardi Gras in New Orleans and the like. But that would be the hotel's policy for that particular time. VERY rare.

If that's the stated cancellation policy then you will get a full refund. That's the policy for my IC booking and I called to take advantage of a price drop. The honored the advertised price and since I called the 888 number they gave me an even better price than I was expecting! :)

Archived