So glad Royal still sends luggage tags!

DCL sends them, too. Just got ours for another cruise.

I guess I'm spoiled, only cruising RCI and DCL and always getting tags. I don't always use them, but they are handy to have.

I suppose you could buy sticky paper stock and still print them at home on other lines????

I've been printing luggage tags out for a number of years (Princess).

You don't need special paper, or even a color printer for that matter, although I prefer to print mine out in color.

Never had an issue. Also, the porters schlepping the baggage carry small staplers with them so don't worry if you haven't put them on your luggage. We typically borrow a stapler at the hotel we are staying at, pre cruise, so it's never been an issue.

If I can print them out for upcoming TA cruise in October, I won't even consider requesting them. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

It's probably because I've printed out our last half dozen or so cruises though.

:-)

I've been printing luggage tags out for a number of years (Princess).

You don't need special paper, or even a color printer for that matter, although I prefer to print mine out in color.

Never had an issue. Also, the porters schlepping the baggage carry small staplers with them so don't worry if you haven't put them on your luggage. We typically borrow a stapler at the hotel we are staying at, pre cruise, so it's never been an issue.

If I can print them out for upcoming TA cruise in October, I won't even consider requesting them. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

It's probably because I've printed out our last half dozen or so cruises though.

:-)

Yes. You obviously don't HAVE to have sticky paper. I was just saying for people that have a personal issue with the lack of sticker tags on other lines, that coudl be a solution.

Disney is the absolute benchmark for this. I can only hope RCCL comes close. Our first cruise is in 3 weeks. With Disney, they are indestructable, bar coded, color coded for your resort, and best of all....you don't go to baggage claim. they just find their way to your room later that day. You just get on the Magic Express bus and go....oh..and it's all included if you stay in the park.

I just have to post this. It's a small detail but it makes such an impact on us,.

Our last few cruises were on carnival where we printed out paper luggage tags with our cruise documents, fold them in 3 and then attach them by tape or staple to our luggage.

I had forgotten that Royal still mails them so I was pleasantly surprised to open our mail box and find an envelope filled with luggage tags for our upcoming Oasis cruise! :D They were so cute and colorful. We took them out and examined them, smiled at them and put them in our "cruise vacation folder". One more concrete sign that our cruise is near!!!!

Thanks Royal for making ou day in such a simple (logical) way:cool::cool:

I agree, I love getting my luggage tags in the mail. If they quit offering it, I will make do with the paper ones, but as long as I can order them, I will order them. Love opening the mail box and seeing the luggage tags there!

Oh COME ON! I hope this is just a tongue in cheek joke. I mean really, there's nothing to "screw up". I've NEVER printed luggage tags, and to insinuate that it is somehow a "big hassle(sp.)" is utterly ridiculous. The porters DON'T CARE. It' takes them less than 10 seconds to put tags on all your bags and they simply move on.

Look I get the people like to receive these in the mail, but making it sound necessary is absurd. I wish RCI would do with them what they did with the documents. You want us to mail you luggage tags? Sure. That'll be $20!

It was absolutely a joke - that is why I added the emoticon. I love the luggage tags and am hoping they stay. That's all.

I'm so glad Royal Caribbean sends luggage tags. Our first two cruises were with Celebrity and they did. When we took our last cruise on Carnival (and I mean literally last with them) they didn't. I was shocked when we checked in online and out came our luggage tags on our printer. I was so afraid that our luggage was going to get lost because the stupid paper tags would come off.

I know it's a minor detail but it is really a nice touch. It just seemed so cheezy to print them out after getting REAL ones in the mail. I will look forward to receving our tags in the mail for our Freedom cruise. Just wishing March would hurry up and come. :D

Disney is the absolute benchmark for this. I can only hope RCCL comes close. Our first cruise is in 3 weeks. With Disney, they are indestructable, bar coded, color coded for your resort, and best of all....you don't go to baggage claim. they just find their way to your room later that day. You just get on the Magic Express bus and go....oh..and it's all included if you stay in the park.

This is one of the more brilliant things Disney has come up with. But it's not because it's a great customer service system (although it is). The brilliance of the resort tags is exactly what you said. You "just get on the Magic Express bus". Translation, you don't rent a car! No car, no way to LEAVE Disney property. Every person that steps on that bus represents to Disney World, what every cruise passenger represents to the cruise lines.... A captive audience!

Archived