Cayman paradise

bethsg

If the itinerary says 8 am arrival at Cayman, is that ship time, or actual time. I tried to book a on carnival excursion with stingray sailing and they cautioned me about the time difference. I have to meet for the excurlsion at 8:15. Is that doable? I am confused.

If the ship says it's arriving at 8am, then that is ship time.

If you are booking a Carnival excursion, then the time they say to meet is ship time.

Ok...I went back and reread. You say a Carnival excursion, but then name a company? So I guess I don't know which you're trying to book.

Then the next question is...when are you going?

The Caymans do not observe DST so it matters when you go as to what the local time is.

If you tell me the date you'll be there, I'll tell you the time difference.

I will arrive on Grand Cayman on Aug 8th.

If the itinerary says arrival at 8 am... is that Cayman Time, or Ship time?

The NON carnival excursion has an 8:15 meet time. I am trying to determine if I can meet that time, or not. Thanks for all the help.

Sandy

All of the private excursions I have booked know exactly what time the ship gets in port and have people waiting for you. That is their bread and butter and if they don't pick you up they don't get paid (unless you pre paid, which I wouldn't in Grand Cayman because many times you can't get tendered because the sea is too rough.

I know when I booked my private excursion I was asked for a deposit and given a guarantee that my card would not be charged if the ship couldn't tender. This company was reputable and so far I've used them twice without incident.

Good Luck, Carole

All of the private excursions I have booked know exactly what time the ship gets in port and have people waiting for you. That is their bread and butter and if they don't pick you up they don't get paid (unless you pre paid, which I wouldn't in Grand Cayman because many times you can't get tendered because the sea is too rough.

I know when I booked my private excursion I was asked for a deposit and given a guarantee that my card would not be charged if the ship couldn't tender. This company was reputable and so far I've used them twice without incident.

Good Luck, Carole

If they do not keep track of when the ship will arrive not the tour company to use.

I will arrive on Grand Cayman on Aug 8th.

If the itinerary says arrival at 8 am... is that Cayman Time, or Ship time?

The NON carnival excursion has an 8:15 meet time. I am trying to determine if I can meet that time, or not. Thanks for all the help.

Sandy

Ship time is 8am.

Cayman time is 7am.

I use this site to convert time zones: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

We have the exact same situation, on the same day! Are you also on the Freedom? Our non-Carnival excursion is supposed to meet us at 8:15. We should be fine, because that's 9:15 on the ship! Even with the tendering process, that allows for plenty of time.

Archived