Carnival Wine Policy

kg171864

hi I am sailing tomorrow on carnival freedom and I brought 2 bottles one of champagne and one bottle of wine, the bottle of wine is about 1 litter will that be a problem? Will they confiscate it? Return it at the end of the cruise or will we be allowed to get on board with it?

The written policy is one 750 ml bottle of wine/champagne per adult (21 and older) is allowed to be brought on board at the point of embarkation.

If they confiscate your bottle - as long as it is original, sealed bottle - they will return it to you at the end of the cruise.

Personally, I have only brought 750 ml bottles in my carry on and have never had a problem. I have read threads on here where bottles larger than that have been confiscated and others where it has not been confiscated.

Honestly, you are going to get several answers to this question. Some will say that you can and others will say no and quote the policy. It seems, from reading other posts, that it will work sometimes and sometimes it will not. We carried on a box and a bottle on the last cruise. Try it. What's the worst that could happen? They will give it back to you if they do take it.

Archived