Ft. Lauderdale - Hyatt Pier 66

Leosmom

Just a heads up for those thinking of staying at this hotel. I just saw it posted on another website that the Hyatt's pool is to be closed until the end of October and they will be shuttling guests who want to use a pool to their sister property the Bahia Mar. Now this is second hand info. so I would check directly with the hotel to confirm this before bidding on Priceline, if the pool is a factor in your choice of hotels.

I just checked the official Hyatt Pier 66 website and the have posted a note that the pool will indeed be closed from August 22 thru October 25. They will be shuttling guests to nearby beaches and neighboring properties for use of the pools.

Coiran - We'll be there Nov 4th and I was thinking the same thing! For it to be closed for two months there must be some major work being done.

Mlasheid -I didn't know that the Bahia Mar was a "sister property" of the Hyatt?? Is it really??

Well they're owned by the same company now. Pier 66 is still marketed as a Hyatt, Bahia Mar (formerly a Radisson) is independant.

Beachlovergirl...

As TrentS wrote...the Hyatt Pier 66 and Bahia Mar are owned by the same company now. As far as the pool goes...I agree for it to be closed for so long they must be planning some big changes. Enjoy your stay.

Archived