Metal Doors on Riviera?

LoveTheSouth

Does anyone know if Riviera's stateroom doors are metal that would hold a magnet? We want to have a note pad on the door to leave notes for our traveling companions. If not metal, any suggestions? We have used plain Post-Its in the past but they sometimes fall off.

Does anyone know if Riviera's stateroom doors are metal that would hold a magnet? We want to have a note pad on the door to leave notes for our traveling companions. If not metal, any suggestions? We have used plain Post-Its in the past but they sometimes fall off.

I don't know the answer to the metal door question, but each stateroom has a metal holder on the side of the entrance in which you could place i.e. drop into the slot, a notepad. It is in this slot that the cruise line leaves your speciality restaurant reminder notices, mid cruise statement, other guests can leave you invitations or notes etc.

The doors are required to be metal in order to comply with SOLAS requirements, but I would not suggest your sticking magnets on them, as that can get messy and is insecure.

On Oceania, every cabin has a "mailbox" just outside where you may leave messages for your friends.

Enjoy your cruise! :D

Sorry Cenia, our Posts crossed in the ether!~

Thanks to both! We were on Marina last November and I completely forgot about the "holder" next to the door. JimandStan, you guys seem to have photos of just about everything. Any chance you snapped a picture of the holder so I can remind myself of the size? I suppose I can just leave an envelope with a small pencil inside. We're traveling with my 82 year old parents and I'm trying to think of every contingency. Thanks!

Thanks to both! We were on Marina last November and I completely forgot about the "holder" next to the door. JimandStan, you guys seem to have photos of just about everything. Any chance you snapped a picture of the holder so I can remind myself of the size? I suppose I can just leave an envelope with a small pencil inside. We're traveling with my 82 year old parents and I'm trying to think of every contingency. Thanks!

I could not find a photograph (either my own or via Google) of the holder but I believe that the size is about 5.5 inches wide by about 8 inches deep.

A Standard sized envelope would fit splendidly with plenty of room for a pencil inside it.

100811.jpgMessages may also be placed behind the number marker on most cabin doors!

Thanks, JinandStan! I know I speak for a lot of Oceania cruisers when I tell you that you guys have helped tremendously in our planning. I have always enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your many photos. We fly out Monday for Istanbul, where we will embark Friday on our Greek Glory cruise on Riviera. We're all packed and ready to go!

Thanks again!

Archived