IOS W. Med. July 14 - parents take a bow.

Just returned from our first cruise.

It was all great, but one big surprise was the good behaviour of the kids.

Having been an avid reader of CC, and noted the many horror stories of packs of 'feral' kids causing problems, I was a bit concerned to learn that there were 1,100 kids on board, but my concerns were unfounded.

Sure, I spoke to a couple of people on the cruise that complained about the large number of kids, but I saw no evidence of anti-social behaviour, just kids/teens behaving normally.

This was a pleasant surprise to me as most were from the UK, where kids are generally lambasted.

Yeah...I get a bit fed up with the stories that probably are embellished a bit. Other than the "elevator button pushers" I've never seen kids running over seniors, roving packs of teens assaulting unsuspecting passengers or any of the other nonsense that makes people think teens are running the ship. Does it happen? I'm sure it does (but they're in the minority). I have a lot of faith in kids and I'm positive the majority treat other passengers with the respect due.

Yeah...I get a bit fed up with the stories that probably are embellished a bit. Other than the "elevator button pushers" I've never seen kids running over seniors, roving packs of teens assaulting unsuspecting passengers or any of the other nonsense that makes people think teens are running the ship. Does it happen? I'm sure it does (but they're in the minority). I have a lot of faith in kids and I'm positive the majority treat other passengers with the respect due.

Really? You muat be one of the lucky ones. I've only been on 5 cruises myself, but I've seen each of these things to different degrees on every cruise. Some cruises worse than others. I would never assume embellishment after seeing the same things myself.

Really? You muat be one of the lucky ones. I've only been on 5 cruises myself, but I've seen each of these things to different degrees on every cruise. Some cruises worse than others. I would never assume embellishment after seeing the same things myself.

Let's get this right, are you really saying that, on each of your 5 cruises, you've seen examples of kids "running over seniors" and/or "roving packs of teenagers assaulting passengers" ?

Archived