Getting to Turtle River Falls/Enchanted Gardens

rubytue

I've searched the forum and can find very little information and fewer reviews. From what I have found elsewhere, it has new owners and is now Turtle River Falls and Gardens: http://turtleriverfallsandgardens.com/home. This looks like a wonderful place to spend the day, or at least half of it.

Has anyone been? I've seen a couple private tour operators offering it for about $35/pp ($60 w/ add on for Dunn River Falls). But I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to just take a cab (Juta plates, I know that much :D) and pay the $20 admission directly.

Any thoughts?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I think Coyoba and Turtle River are two different sites. From my research, Turtle River has many falls, an aviary, and a pool. Coyaba has one falls, a museum, and no aviary.

Turtle River is walkable from the pier. Transportation would be needed for Coyaba.

I haven't been to either yet, however, and plan to go to Turtle River next month.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I have been there recently. You may want to hire a private tour guide to take you there. I would also suggest going to Irie Blue Hole and if you are hungry, go to Scotchies. Liberty Tours Jamaica is a tour guide I have used, and the service you will get from Ricardo is fab. Have a look at my cruise review in my signature for what to expect.

I know, I have been to just about every water hole/fall/stream in Ocho Rios. With a 99.9 percent certainty the link is Coyaba so make sure you email and double check.

My kids when she was younger at Coyaba.

11534273676_26fdf2d8ea_q.jpg

[/url] by , on Flickr

11534191375_0902366197_q.jpg

by ,

Edited by Blk_Amish

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from Jamaica and Turtle River Falls and Gardens. It was a beautiful place! We had our own tour guide and photographer. At the end of the tour we bought a disk with 117 pictures for $30 and the pics came out great! We were the only ones on the tour, it took about 2 hours, we saw waterfalls, climbed up on them, bird aviary, koi pond and some giant banana spiders! The people were so nice, our tour guide Jordan did a great job, he helped us (we have a 3 and 5 year old) climb the falls. It was so beautiful and peaceful to be away from the crowds of the cruise ship. We took a cab for 5, it is very close to the port, I can't remember how much we paid since my husband took care of it. They only have drinks there, beer and soda so bring snacks if you go. It is formerly called Enchanted Gardens (I don't think it is Coyoba as referenced on this thread). There are great reviews on trip advisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1219111-d1631819-Reviews-Turtle_River_Falls_and_Gardens-St_Ann_s_Bay_Saint_Ann_Parish_Jamaica.html

Just got back from Jamaica and Turtle River Falls and Gardens. It was a beautiful place! We had our own tour guide and photographer. At the end of the tour we bought a disk with 117 pictures for $30 and the pics came out great! We were the only ones on the tour, it took about 2 hours, we saw waterfalls, climbed up on them, bird aviary, koi pond and some giant banana spiders! The people were so nice, our tour guide Jordan did a great job, he helped us (we have a 3 and 5 year old) climb the falls. It was so beautiful and peaceful to be away from the crowds of the cruise ship. We took a cab for 5, it is very close to the port, I can't remember how much we paid since my husband took care of it. They only have drinks there, beer and soda so bring snacks if you go. It is formerly called Enchanted Gardens (I don't think it is Coyoba as referenced on this thread). There are great reviews on trip advisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1219111-d1631819-Reviews-Turtle_River_Falls_and_Gardens-St_Ann_s_Bay_Saint_Ann_Parish_Jamaica.html

Thank you for writing! I'm going there next week! Did you need water shoes? And are there lockers to secure our things in case we want to play in the falls?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Are you able to go into the water at any of the Falls to swim & cool off?

We went to the Turtle Rive Falls, previously known as the Enchanted Garden back in September and really enjoyed it. It was easy to find a cab, however the driver did try and talk us into going on his tour at first. We walked up the falls and you could get in if you want, the water wasn't too deep but it was nice a cold on a hot day. The aviary was amazing, they give you a handful of seeds and all the birds come land on your head/hands. We got some great pictures. The whole place was beautiful and there were only 2 other groups with us. Afterwards we went back to port and hit Margaretville as our ship left early afternoon. I would highly recommend going to Turtle River Falls if you want a quiet personal experience.