How to word Cruise wedding invites....

My fiance and I want to get married on a cruise in January of 2014. We want to get married on an island and not at the port. We want to let people know asap so they can plan/save for this trip... My question is how do we word the invitations? I don't expect anyone to come on the cruise with us but want everyone to know they are invited. We plan to have a big BBQ at home for all the people that want to celebrate with us but cant go on the cruise. I was thinking of spreading the word by word of mouth about wedding plan and jan 2014 now so that everyone is aware and then sending specific instructions/invitations about 6 months in advance. Is this enough time... Anyone have any experience with this kind of thing..

Thanks

Molly:)

My fiance and I want to get married on a cruise in January of 2014. We want to get married on an island and not at the port. We want to let people know asap so they can plan/save for this trip... My question is how do we word the invitations? I don't expect anyone to come on the cruise with us but want everyone to know they are invited. We plan to have a big BBQ at home for all the people that want to celebrate with us but cant go on the cruise. I was thinking of spreading the word by word of mouth about wedding plan and jan 2014 now so that everyone is aware and then sending specific instructions/invitations about 6 months in advance. Is this enough time... Anyone have any experience with this kind of thing..

Thanks

There are alot off Thread's up here for that.. I would type in what name this theread.. adn they should pop up..

Im gettin married Sept2013 and I sent out my Save The Date last month.. I wanted to give my folk.. MORE then enough time to set money aside, and make plans (if they REALLY) want to be there,,.

Invites, I may not even do (havent though about it to much) I know I just wanted to get my Wedding website & STD"S out ASAP// well after I book the Ship.

I hope this helps some..GOOD luck, and Congrats..

Well for myself i sent out save the dates and made a website but allot of people are not looking at the website and asking me questions!!.....i have now been forced to make phamplets explaining the wedding for everyone in which i will send out invitations with the phamplets.....i will sending out invitations with phamplets a year in advanced the wedding! (my wedding is october 2013).....you have to remember that you if only give 6 months notice that only give them 4 months to pay as you have to pay 2 months in advanced if they booking as a group..........Just my thoughts........

Thanks

First, congrats on your engagement! Like PP, I am sending out "Save the date" invites with the link to my wedding website printed on them. Since your wedding isn't until 2014, I would spread the word by mouth for now. Then next year (at least a year in advance) I would send out save the dates and start building a wedding website (you can actually start researching now just to get some ideas flowing!). I will sending out formal invitations about 8- 10 weeks before my wedding, in the formal invites I am going to include info for guests who are not sailing but still want to come. So I would recommend you include info for your BBQ in you formail invites and definitely have that info up on your wedding website. Good luck!!

Thanks

We booked ours 21 months in advance, and I designed a brochure with all of the cruise, prices, wedding information. We did word of mouth first and then if people were interested I either gave them a copy of the brochure or emailed it to them.

With 9 months to go we have just sent out save the date magnets, and passport style invitations to our cruise guests.

We're having a party 2 weeks after we get home for all family and friends, and will be sending out our invites in January, which is 4 months before.

Hope this helps xx

My wedding is November 2013 and I have just made my save the dates - magnet style (included my webbing website address) and will be sending them ASAP. I will send invites out around 6months prior to the cruise. Most my guests are coming from Australia and they require a lot of notice.

I put a post on Facebook a few months ago to causally inform my friends and family that we are doing a cruise wedding and more info will be in the save the dates.

Paisley-

I see you are from MN too? Us MN people need to get out of the cold in the winter! Congrats and good luck in your planning.

I would say that word of mouth of letting people know is always a little risky due to the fact that people forget. I think the people who can give people more time to plan and save will have a better turn out. I lot of people have sent STDs a year to year and a half before. That helps people start to plan accordingly.

Shatima-

Congrats on getting your STDs out. Did you DIY or did you buy them? Are you planning on passport or boarding pass invites?

Archived