NOLA Drury Inn Recent experiences??

mdtcoll

Hi, I have booked a 2 room suite for our pre-cruise stay in Jauary and am now getting nervous that I have made a mistake. I have read some bad reviews recently , no windows, no ventilation, noise and no views from the suites. I know there is constuction, are all the suites near the construction zone? Are they all next to the noisey self serve 24 hour guest laundry? Help, I'm thinking I need to find a different hotel. There are 3 of us in our party (myself 55, husband 60 and son 22) and I thought the 2 rooms would give us some extra space and privacy. Any one stay at The Drury recently in a suite? Thanks for any information any one can offer.

We stayed in a 2-room king suite this past March. Admittedly, construction had just begun during our stay so it had practically no impact on us. Our room was located on the 6th floor closest to Poydras St. Construction is occuring at the opposite end of the building.

We had a pair of large windows in the living room and two pairs of windows in the bedroom. We had a nice view of the St. Charles streetcar line and all along Poydras St.

The toilet/shower area was a little small but we experienced no ventilation issues.

We did use the laundry facility one evening and can confirm that it was noisy. If I recall correctly it's located on the 2nd or 3rd floor so it had no impact on our room.

The bedroom is separated from the living room by its own door so you will have privacy.

I would suggest that you contact the hotel directly and inquire about the location of their 2-room suites. I believe there's at least one on each floor in the same location where our room was. If you can get one of those you should be fine.

Thank you for your response. Sounds like we should be Ok if I request a room similar in locaiton to what you had and avoid the 2nd and 3rd floors.

Overall, were you satisfied with the hotel and the amentities?

Archived