Alcohol

Tinks86

So.... the majority of us may enjoy a nice tipple or 3 :D

What sort of prices are we to be expecting?

How about taking your own on? Obviously being discreet but is it possible to bring some onboard?

We have read about the soda deal aswell think i read $46 each for the week? So is that rite?

We (well hubby) likes lager and Jack Daniels and coke! :rolleyes:

How about taking your own on? Obviously being discreet but is it possible to bring some onboard?

We have read about the soda deal aswell think i read $46 each for the week? So is that rite?

Price list: http://www.*****/info/carnival/alcohol.php

Hello its the thirsty husband here, can anyone advise of the success with RR's and any tips, i know it has been asked before but after upto the date info.

Are you OK to take softdrinks onboard?

google rum runners :)

Hello its the thirsty husband here, can anyone advise of the success with RR's and any tips, i know it has been asked before but after upto the date info.

you can! i think 12 is the current max if i am not mistaken, and you can always bring more on if you pick some up in port. :)

Mix in your room, you dont want to flaunt it and get in trouble.

Also, you can pre order a bottle of almost any alcohol through carnival to be waiting in your room. It is more expensive than you would pay on land, but it is not breaking the rules and is significantly cheaper per drink than buying individual drinks from the bars.

we always buy the soda sticker but our next cruise we will be in florida a few days pre cruise so we will be taking a 12 pack of soda each( I think a 12 pack is allowed)

I have been reading some rum runners have gotten through and others got caught

I think we are going to do both this time try to smuggle and buy a few bottles from bon voyage department as well. you cant buy hard liquor from the website you have to call. the number I have is 1800-522-7648

we always buy the soda sticker but our next cruise we will be in florida a few days pre cruise so we will be taking a 12 pack of soda each( I think a 12 pack is allowed)

I have been reading some rum runners have gotten through and others got caught

I think we are going to do both this time try to smuggle and buy a few bottles from bon voyage department as well. you cant buy hard liquor from the website you have to call. the number I have is 1800-522-7648

thanks. so this would work on any carnival cruise lines? - i am sailing on the Ecastsy in April and was thinking of ordering hard liquor to be in the room so i can mix myself but just saw on the carnvial site that only wine was available. But i will defintly give them a call once it gets a little closer to sail time. thanks.

*Just off the Ecstacy last week. We did bring the bottle of wine per person as well as bottles of water and and gatorade in thermoses. Nothing was taken out, looked at, or shook. We probably could have brought more. In port we bought liquor and poured it into water bottles and walked on with it in our purses and nothing was said.

good to know. thanks all the info has been very helpful. I will wait to closer to the time of sail to give them a call - just incase they increase the prices again. but knowing that it is available to do so in advance is awesome. 269 more days to go and already planning to get drunk:D

You are allowed 12 soda's or water or a mixture per person. I take mini bottles and put them in among my shampoo never have a problem. one time I got a letter in my luggaged they checked but found no problem. I had 7 mini bottles in that piece of luggage.

Always useful for a top up. I want to get some tequila to bring home once in Mexico do I will see if that gets confiscated or not when reboarding too.

You can buy alcohol in ports, but you have to check it when you board the ship. You will have it delivered to your room the last night of your cruise or you have to pick it up somewhere before getting off the ship. (I've heard conflicting stories.)

At one of our ports, while waiting to get back on the ship, was talking to the people behind us in line. They had a bottle they stashed in their beach bag. They got through fine and didn't have to check it.

Archived