HMC-Cabana Rental Question

crusinfamof4

Hello,

I reserved our cabana for our cruise in Nov. I read one of the reviews and it said people were coming up to her cabana and using her snorkel gear and shower. Does this happen a lot? I plan to go to the excurison desk as soon as we board and ask for either 10, 11, 12 or 13 for the cabana. I just don't want to have to shoo people away from what I paid for.

Hello,

I reserved our cabana for our cruise in Nov. I read one of the reviews and it said people were coming up to her cabana and using her snorkel gear and shower. Does this happen a lot? I plan to go to the excurison desk as soon as we board and ask for either 10, 11, 12 or 13 for the cabana. I just don't want to have to shoo people away from what I paid for.

Crusinfamof4,

With 10-13 you should have no issues. When we had one of the lower numbered cabanas near the higher population area we had a couple of kids use our shower, one adult that attempted to borrow our float, and a couple that thought the loungers were open to all; we didn't mind the kids showering off, but we didn't allow the float to be borrowed and we advised the trespassers that the cabana was private. It wasn't a hassle in our case, but I can see how it sometimes is.

We've witnessed no other incidents, though we always opt for the higher numbers now.

OP, apparently you don't have to wait until you get on board to reserve cabanas any longer. So go ahead & request/reserve the one you want! I just posted this over on the Ports of Call forum:

"Thought I would share this....

Although I booked a cabana several MONTHS in advance, and shortly after booking the cruise, I recently discovered that not only all cabanas had been sold out months in advance, but the shore excursion personnel at Carnival had also allowed guests to request and reserve the cabana of their choice in advance.

My past experience had been that you had to go to the Shore Excursions desk once on board to request your cabana, give show sizes, & drink choices. But NO... you can request & reserve your cabana pre-cruise by sending an email to:

shoreexcursions@carnival.com "

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1680708

We had cabana # 7 and didn't have a problem with it at all... Noone looked, questioned, visited, trespassed etc.... And that was on a spring break week!!!

Did you enjoy cabana #7? I received a confirmation from the shore excursion desk and have # 8. Did you like the location? Last time we visited HMC we did not have a cabana and did not venture that far down the beach. We stayed pretty close to where the stay here forever bar is.

Did you enjoy cabana #7? I received a confirmation from the shore excursion desk and have # 8. Did you like the location? Last time we visited HMC we did not have a cabana and did not venture that far down the beach. We stayed pretty close to where the stay here forever bar is.

We had 7 & 8 in May. It's a perfect location! The bathrooms are directly behind #9 and the food pavilion is almost directly behind the pirate bar so both are a very short walk from these two cabanas. Loved this location and will try to get one of these two again in the future!

OP, apparently you don't have to wait until you get on board to reserve cabanas any longer. So go ahead & request/reserve the one you want! I just posted this over on the Ports of Call forum:

Although I booked a cabana several MONTHS in advance, and shortly after booking the cruise, I recently discovered that not only all cabanas had been sold out months in advance, but the shore excursion personnel at Carnival had also allowed guests to request and reserve the cabana of their choice in advance.

My past experience had been that you had to go to the Shore Excursions desk once on board to request your cabana, give show sizes, & drink choices. But NO... you can request & reserve your cabana pre-cruise by sending an email to:

Thanks! I had no idea you could pre-order the cabana # you wanted. I will go home tonight and send the email. Thanks again!

Rumor has it they were putting a stop to this, but I would give it a try anyway.

Just off the Destiny and we had Cabana #12 last Thursday. We requested #12 through email per advice on CC. I received an email within 2 hours that we did indeed have #12 reserved.

Although we were at #12 it did get crowded. We had some beautiful shade trees on both sides of the cabana so the lounge chairs filled up quick. All the folks in our area seemed very nice and not at all noisy or rude. However, about 2pm while my DH was lounging in front of the misting fan a woman walked up the stairs and headed to our shower...all of the sudden she realized my DH was watching her and she immediately asked if she could wash her hands in the shower. My DH said of course. She was there a few seconds and went back to her chair. After about 10 minutes she is back out our shower rinsing off clothes...never asked if it was ok this time. I guess she figured that when he said it was ok to wash her hands it was an open ended invite for the remainder of the day.:rolleyes:

I am going to try to load a picture of our cabana below...this is my first try at this so I hope it works.

IMG_0607.jpg

We had cabana #5 last month and had 2 people using our shower too.

We didn't say anything to them, even though they took forever and blocked the stairs so that we had to wait for them to finish to go in and out of the cabana! I know i know...but i'm just not usually confrontational. Although these 2 would have deserved it! They were rude on and off the ship all week! The guy was using crutches and used them to plow through people! They were both just rude and pushy for the whole trip so no surprise to see them help themselves to our shower.

We had 7 & 8 in May. It's a perfect location! The bathrooms are directly behind #9 and the food pavilion is almost directly behind the pirate bar so both are a very short walk from these two cabanas. Loved this location and will try to get one of these two again in the future!

Woo hoo, we have cabana 7 for our cruise at the end of August. It looks great!

If someone wants to use our cabana shower when we're there in Oct. maybe we'll just tell them what we paid for the rental of the cabana and tell them the charge to use the shower is $10 per person per shower:D:D!

Any picture of where the shower is? I'm having trouble thinking people would just think they could do that...but then I'm not a chair hog either.

There is a post above with a picture of cabana #12. The shower is just to the right of the man (his left) standing in the picture, area is were the floats are drapped.

Any picture of where the shower is? I'm having trouble thinking people would just think they could do that...but then I'm not a chair hog either.

You have to actually go up the stairs of the cabana to use the shower and while climbing the stairs you are staring right at the blue "private cabana" sign! lol

Hello,

Dear Guest,

Thanks for contacting Tour Operations with your inquiry.

Unfortunately as of 7/14/12, we are unable to take requests for specific Half Moon Cay cabana numbers or colors via email. Cabana requests may only be done once on board at the Shore Excursion Desk. Requests will be taken on embarkation day on a first come, first served basis.

We look forward to having you on board!

Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

This is the response I just got.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for contacting Tour Operations with your inquiry.

Unfortunately as of 7/14/12, we are unable to take requests for specific Half Moon Cay cabana numbers or colors via email. Cabana requests may only be done once on board at the Shore Excursion Desk. Requests will be taken on embarkation day on a first come, first served basis.

We look forward to having you on board!

This is the response I just got.

This is the response that I got on 7/13/2012, let's hope they honor it. looks like i got in just under the wire:

Thank you for contacting the Shore Excursion Department and we are happy to be of assistance.

I’m happy to confirm cabana #10 for you for your upcoming cruise.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise on the Carnival Fascination.

Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

We have booked #11 for October and all of this information is very useful. Thank you all!!

I had Cabana #11 in May and I loved it. There is a hammock right beside it between 11 and #12. I definately would stay down that end again. Less traffic.

If someone wants to use our cabana shower when we're there in Oct. maybe we'll just tell them what we paid for the rental of the cabana and tell them the charge to use the shower is $10 per person per shower:D:D!

I actually had a girl that asked about our floats. We told her she could rent them but she didn't want to walk down that end of the beach. She gave us $20 for 2 floats for about 1/2 hr :D. We told her she could use them for free but she insisted. Who am I to argue for a free bucket of beer ;)

Could you give me more info on these cabanas?Have never been to HMC.How much are they,what is included,etc.

Laura

It's approx. $200. {i don't remember exactly} for up to 4 people.

You get a cooler full of drinks, we had 2 big bottles of water, and i think 8 sodas. A tray of sliced fresh fruit, a plate of whole oranges, a bag of tostitos chips and 3 bowls of dips for the chips. 4 blue floatie mats and snorkle gear for 4 people.

There's a little table with 4 chairs and on the porch there's 2 loungers with a misting fan. Also a shower for rinsing sand off.

We had a big group and only rented one cabana......we mostly just used the cabana as a drop off and meeting place. It was a nice place to store all of our stuff, cameras, towels, shoes etc. and we all knew where to find each other.

I'm another fan of being farther down the beach. We've had #10, #11 and #5. With both 10 and 11, the beach wasn't crowded at all and no one tried to use our cabana. With 5, the beach was crowded and we had a number of people (including one huge family) try to use our shower. We had to keep directing them to the general shower just a short walk away. And this was before the Captain Morgan bar went in right next to #5....:eek:

Archived