What is the neicest/best Holiday Inn in Ft Lauderdale

hugger

We are crusing on the Coral Princess in Oct. Would like to use our Priority Club points with Holiday Inn Hotel's or affiliates. Wondering which location offer's the nicest rooms/suites? What location would you be comfortable parking your car at - as we will be driving down from Tampa area?

I guess we are most interested in the room accomadations/hotel being nice as well as being safe. We can use the shuttle or cab it if we have to the cruise port.

Right now I have tentatively booked the State Rd. 84 location.

I would go with the other Holiday Inn Express, the one on SE 17th Street. It has many many shops and restaurants within walking distance, as it's in a MUCH nicer, safer location!... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

State Road 84 is not a very nice neighborhood and personally I would never leave my car in that area.

I stayed here last year pre-cruise. AWESOME! It's directly on the beach,has a tiki bar, huge pool and great restaurant.My friend and I had Prime rib with salad potatoe and dessert for $12.99 at a table looking out at the beach.Loved it!

I would go with the other Holiday Inn Express, the one on SE 17th Street. It has many many shops and restaurants within walking distance, as it's in a MUCH nicer, safer location!... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

State Road 84 is not a very nice neighborhood and personally I would never leave my car in that area.

I take it that you live in the area - wondering if you know of another location that might be good. As at this point the Convention Ctr isn't available.

The airport location is and is the Hollywood Beach location or might there be another one that you would recommend. As I stated we are looking for a nice room as well as a safe place to leave the car. Something that isn't to far from the cruise port.

Thanks everyone . . .

Well first of all I don't think all of them will let you leave your car while you're not a current guest so make sure you confirm that with them so it doesn't get towed... The absolute safest place to leave your car though is in the covered parking garages at Port Everglades.

There are 2 "airport" Holiday Inn's... The State Road 84 Holiday Inn Express, and a regular Holiday Inn at Sheridan Street and I-95... If it were me and I couldn't get into the one on SE17th Street then I would pick the one at Sheridan & I-95 as it's not very old, about 10-15 minutes from Port Everglades, and in a nicer/safer neighborhood than the one on State Road 84... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/FLLAS

I'm not familiar with the Hollywood Beach Holiday Inn other than I've seen it as I've driven past. The area is certainly safe, and it's about 20 minutes or so from Port Everglades... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/miahb?irs=null

There's another Holiday Inn on Ft. Lauderdale Beach at A1A & Sunrise Blvd., about 10 minutes from Port Everglades, in a very safe area, but like the Hollywood Beach one, it's an older hotel and I haven't been in it so I can't comment on it... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/fllsb?irs=null

Trent

THAnk you FOR SUCH A FAST AS WELL AS INFORMATIONAL REPLY! WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT. FROM WHAT I CAN SEE ONLINE WE CAN'T LEAVE OUR CAR AT THE CONVENTION CTR. LOCATION IF IT DOES OPEN UP.

HOWEVER, IT DOES APPEAR THAT WE CAN AT THE AIRPORT LOCATION - I AM GOING TO CHANGE OUR RESERVATION OVER TO THAT ONE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH . . .

I Just Changed Our Reservation To The Sheridan & I 95 Location Of H.i.

I Did Confirm That We Can Park Our Car TheRE For Our Cruise.

I'm Wondering If You Would Have Any Idea How Much A Taxi Fare Might Be From That Area To The Port???

They Charge 10.00 Per Person For The Shuttle And I'm Thinking That For 2 Of Us We Might Be Able To Take A Cab For The Same (or Even Less) And Not Have Any Wait Time.

If You Ever Need Info On The Tampa Area Ask Away And I'll Try To Help You :)

I'm sorry I'm not much help on local cab fares, but from what little I know about them it probably would be close or a little less than $20. For the convenience of it I'd probably just grab one myself rather than wait around and then be crammed into a shuttle, but that's me. ;) Good luck and have a great cruise!

Archived