NCL Star SJ 12532 Family Suite

punkincc

We are booked for 9-30-12 on the Star for Bermuda in a SJ Family Suite room 12532. At the time we booked, we had asked our CC about balcony or mini-suite rooms. He offered us this room for @ $200 extra per person saying it was twice the size and with all the suite perks etc. It appeared to be a beautifull room so we booked it.

The next day, received an email stating this is a handicapped suite and we may be bumped to another room to accommodate someone who books later and needs handicapped room. We were never told by CC that this was a handicapped room and we called him immediately re should we just book another cabin now. I had visions of getting bumped last minute with nothing else available and ending up in an inside cabin or something after being primed for the "suite life". CC told us he advised staying put, saying that we can only be bumped "up".

Was researching archives today for more info on our cabin and ran across post about someone who got bumped, was assigned a room and then notified and was not happy. Someone responded that NCL in this situation has the right to place you wherever they like. I'm not sure I trust the CC to give me the correct advise after not mentioning the cabin status to begin with.

Does anyone know what rules apply here and any advise on what we should do at this point?

We are booked for 9-30-12 on the Star for Bermuda in a SJ Family Suite room 12532. At the time we booked, we had asked our CC about balcony or mini-suite rooms. He offered us this room for @ $200 extra per person saying it was twice the size and with all the suite perks etc. It appeared to be a beautifull room so we booked it.

The next day, received an email stating this is a handicapped suite and we may be bumped to another room to accommodate someone who books later and needs handicapped room. We were never told by CC that this was a handicapped room and we called him immediately re should we just book another cabin now. I had visions of getting bumped last minute with nothing else available and ending up in an inside cabin or something after being primed for the "suite life". CC told us he advised staying put, saying that we can only be bumped "up".

Was researching archives today for more info on our cabin and ran across post about someone who got bumped, was assigned a room and then notified and was not happy. Someone responded that NCL in this situation has the right to place you wherever they like. I'm not sure I trust the CC to give me the correct advise after not mentioning the cabin status to begin with.

Does anyone know what rules apply here and any advise on what we should do at this point?

Just my opinion...

Are there any other SJ's available now? If there is another one available go ahead and switch cabins, so you won't have to worry. The handicapped SJ's are set up a bit different and you would probably be happier in a regular SJ cabin.

If NCL does need the handicapped cabin they could possibly move you to a lower category, but it's a bit unlikely....unless the rest of the suites are unavaliable. They would most likely try to upsell someone to a higher suite and open up another SJ for you.

Agreed , check for another SJ if available. The odds of you being bumped are slim at best. With a bit of luck they will bump you up to the Owners suite ;)

Wouldn't that be wonderful! As long as they can't stick me in an inside cabin! Thanks guys:)

Archived