New here- recommendations for a short cruise

Hello all! My husband & I want to try out Royal Caribbean so I thought I might try a short Bahama cruise in December.

I am not sure of the ports yet that Royal sales out of, I am in Georgia & want to drive, so close is good.Do you have a port preference or is it just based on the length, not really an option?

Can you recommend a good ship, I am sure they are all good but I am new to this line. Would love some input for a 3/4 day cruise, your preference?

How about price. If I stay in between Thanksgiving & Christmas, can I still get a good price in December or do I need to wait until January?

Much Appreciated!! :D

We live in Georgia and have sailed Monarch from Port Canveral twice. Monarch is an older, smaller ship, yet still beautiful, and has the best crew in the RCCL fleet. The cabins are small, but we don't spend much time there. The ship goes to Nassau and Coco Cay, their private island, where there are many beach activities, but the water is somewhat cold in the winter. Still lots of fun things to do. I prefer the 4 day cruise, because I love that relaxing sea day. You can find many reviews of Monarch on CC. She is the boat responsible for many of us getting hooked on cruising. Definitely drive down the day before and enjoy Cocoa Beach, or visit the Space Center if you have time.

My first cruise was on the Majesty (same class of ship as Monarch) for 3 nights to Cococay and Nassau out of Miami. I flew in from the UK to Fort Lauderdale and shuttled down to Miami.

As the OP said, this also got me hooked on cruising.

You will love either one! :D

You really might consider a 7 day cruise. I find that with the shorter cruises, just as you are starting to relax, it's time to leave. I'm not sure where in GA you are but you might consider one of the cruises out of New Orleans. The cost is likely to not be much more, especially after you factor in travel costs.

BTW, yes, you can travel between the Holidays and it it typically less expensive. After the New Year, the price is usually lower until Spring.

Enjoy.

It depends on what you want in a cruise. I was on the Monarch in May and the service and the crew was the reason I switched cruise lines. The ship is older and does not have all the bells and whistles the newer ships do. But she does have a homey, relaxing feel and the crew is outstanding. I love Coco Cay but it may be a little chilly in December. The Monarch and the Majesty are the last two ships left in the Sovereign Class and do not have all the amenities the other ships do but they are great for short cruises.

Archived