Venice Water Taxi

Shay123

Hi,

I know this has been asked many times but I'm afraid I can't find any current information. I will be arriving in Venice on August 12th with my Mom and would like to take a water taxi to our hotel. Are there any advantages to pre-booking? I would rather not pay in advance just in case there are flight/baggage delays. As far as I can tell, it seems pretty easy to just hire one once we arrive.

I would appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks again!

Hi,

I know this has been asked many times but I'm afraid I can't find any current information. I will be arriving in Venice on August 12th with my Mom and would like to take a water taxi to our hotel. Are there any advantages to pre-booking? I would rather not pay in advance just in case there are flight/baggage delays. As far as I can tell, it seems pretty easy to just hire one once we arrive.

Thanks again!

If you are arriving during what might loosely be termed "regular business hours", there is a Concierge of sorts (the sign says "Consorzio Motoscafi Venezia) in the Arrivals hall of Marco Polo Airport where you may book a private water taxi at your convenience, after your luggage is all sorted out.

07_step_by_step_airport_water_taxi_consorzio_booth_350_pb121904.jpg

The landing Stage for the Water Taxi's (very much like a maritime cab stand) is about half a mile from the Hall, and by the time that you get over there, your Taxi should be waiting for you.

If you're arriving at an odd time, it might make more sense to book ahead in order to guarantee your rate as there are extra fees involved for off hour transport, and many drivers working those shifts will have very limited English.

In either case, Water Taxi Drivers do not expect a tip unless they have been of significant help with your luggage.

Hi,

Thanks again!

There are a few things to know if you havent been to Venice...Water Taxis are very pricey although the Euro is quite favorable fo Americans right now but first and foremost how far is your hotel from where the water taxi is going to drop you off...make sure you do not have to do a lot of walking with your luggage..I always make sure my hotel has a place for the taxi to dock..

Jancruz1

Archived