Premium balcony question

cherbear4000

I cruise every year with my extended family, have since I was young. My parents are kind enough to treat everyone. Of course, it has is drawbacks cruising with 10-20 other people, not getting to do what you want when you want since you didn't pay for yourself.

Next year DH and I are going on a cruise just the 2 of us for our 10 wedding anniversary! We have never cruised just the 2 of us and I can't wait. We have also never cruised in balcony. I have only cruised inside. I have booked one of the L shaped premium balconies. Carnival Liberty cabin 6841 to be exact.

It is an 8A, so it is the cheapest category balcony, but has a much larger balcony. I know the room is sideways and laid out differently. i know there is no couch. I was wondering if the room is the same size as a regular balcony cabin? The no couch thing makes me think it is smaller. Has anyone sailed these types of cabins and can tell me how the inside of the room compares to a regular balcony. Anything else anyone can tell me about the L shaped cabins would also be appreciated.

I love the L-shaped cabins. I have stayed in them twice. Once on the Liberty and then on the Victory. I did a review from my Victory cruise. If you go and search the forums for Victory reviews mine is dated May 27-June 3, 2012 I do have a couple of pictures of the cabin. Would I book one of them again...YES!!

I do need to clarify...if you looked at my pix from my review of my Victory cruise (05-27 thru 06-03-2012) you will note there is a couch in the cabin with the beds on the outside wall of the cabin. On the Liberty the beds were on the opposite wall so when we sat up in bed we could see out the cabin windows and we did not have a couch, only a chair. Other than that the cabins were very similar. LOVED THEM BOTH!

Archived