Sailing On Windspirit Can U Help?

bubbles

We are looking forward to our 4 June sailing from Athens, first time on Windstar have some concerns about things I have read about how many people may be on board from a single (Tauck) tour, will ship feel over run?

What power sockets are used on board?

I like the look of the board you all seem very friendly, can I ask why there are so few messages about Windspirit?

They hjave both 110V and 220V in the cabin however the 110 is limited. Best to bring a converter.

As for the Tauck group, it should not be a problem. They are a regular tour group so it is not the same as a "company" group. You should not have any problem and you should not be impacted by the group.

[quote name=

I like the look of the board you all seem very friendly, can I ask why there are so few messages about Windspirit?[/quote]

For all intents and purposes, the Windstar and the Windspirit are identical ships so comments about one pretty much apply to the other. The Windsurf is 50% larger and should be considered a different ship as far as comments are concerned.

Been on both the Star and the Surf. The Spirit is the sister of the Star (and the old Song).

We bring a little powerstrip and plug it in the 110-VAC outlet under the desk. No converter (220v to 110v) is needed. Nor will you need an adapter (prong configuration). There is, however, just two of these 110-v outlets available in the cabin. There is another such outlet in the bathroom, but I think it is of limited wattage (maybe 1000-W, or so).

We have had no problem plugging-in (and using) a 1200-W hairdrier, flatiron and an iPod charger into the powerstrip.

We found the Star (Song/Spirit) and the Surf cruises to be different in several ways and prefer the smaller vessels over the Surf. My family of 12 cruises together, but enjoy meeting the other pax and find the ship's layout of the Star more condusive to being able to do so.

But, unless both of us are having concurrent senior monents, we liked the cabin layout on the Surf better. Maybe somebody can help us out here. We remember the closets on the Star/Song to be opposite the bathroom/desk. On the Surf, the closets were on the same wall as the bathroom, opposite the desk. We found it helpful to be able to exit the bathroom at the same time somebody was using their closet. Are we nuts? Old? Have we got ships confused? Are WE confused?

Archived