Lamanai ruins: 9 to 5 in port

smarks

Hi all, I will be arriving in Belize on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:00 on the Carnival Legend. I have booked a tour with belizecruiseexcursion.com. Originally we were to dock at 8:00. Now I'm worried about the time. Has anyone from the Legend done this tour after being in port from 9:00 to 5:00? Can you share your experiences with me? What time was the last tender? It's to late to cancel. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I do believe its too late to cancel, well without penalty that is. I did this tour in april and it was pretty good, I'll admit I was a bit worried as well beforehand, but it was all for nothing :).

The tour operators are well aware of what time your ship departs and does everything to keep the tour on schedule, making sure nobody loiters around and holds up time constantly checking to make sure all is going well.

I guess anyone would worry about this, but there's no need to, I'd do it again, its an awesome tour.....longggg day, but awesome :).

Enjoy.

• 4 months later...

Sorry I'm late getting back to this. Thanks for the reasuring words I did cancel with belizecruiseexcursions and booked with Major Tom. He is setting us up with a private van and boat. There are 10 of us and hoping we can all get off on the 1st tender. We won't have to wait on a bus to fill. I have warned everybody that there is always a chance that we may miss the ship. But we are going to go for it. Wish us luck. Will report back when we get back.

Sandra

Sorry I'm late getting back to this. Thanks for the reasuring words I did cancel with belizecruiseexcursions and booked with Major Tom. He is setting us up with a private van and boat. There are 10 of us and hoping we can all get off on the 1st tender. We won't have to wait on a bus to fill. I have warned everybody that there is always a chance that we may miss the ship. But we are going to go for it. Wish us luck. Will report back when we get back.

Sandra

. . . and hearing of Belize being replaced on some itineraries with Costa Maya. May want to check your cruise line to ensure your trip isn't being revamped. Fingers crossed for you!:confused:

Sandra

Major tom for Lamani? Really... didnt know he offered it lol.

Nah, baring any out of the ordinary event you'll be fine. Nothing to worry about, besides having enough camera battery to take all the wonderful pics :).

Enjoy and do let me know how it went :). I so needs to get myself on a cruise again!

Hi crazy1here, thank you and I will post when we get back on how it went. I do see that Carnival has another tour that goes to some other ruins that is a 7 hr. trip. So this one is supposed to be for 6 hrs. I'm hoping either we get back on time or the other cruise tour is late. HA.

I have been corresponding with Major Tom for a while now and he has been quick to answer all my e-mails and is going to go with us. He is not charging me a deposit up front which makes it even better if Carnival cancels the port. Now if Major Tom lives up to my expectations, all will be fine. He seems very honest and sincere and I have met him once before on the docks when I was looking for belizecruiseexcursions. They canceled on us and didn't even tell us till we finally found someone and they told us. I will report back.

Sandra

Hi crazy1here, thank you and I will post when we get back on how it went. I do see that Carnival has another tour that goes to some other ruins that is a 7 hr. trip. So this one is supposed to be for 6 hrs. I'm hoping either we get back on time or the other cruise tour is late. HA.

I have been corresponding with Major Tom for a while now and he has been quick to answer all my e-mails and is going to go with us. He is not charging me a deposit up front which makes it even better if Carnival cancels the port. Now if Major Tom lives up to my expectations, all will be fine. He seems very honest and sincere and I have met him once before on the docks when I was looking for belizecruiseexcursions. They canceled on us and didn't even tell us till we finally found someone and they told us. I will report back.

Sandra

Glad to hear...im sure you'll have a awesome time. Just remember its gonna be a hottt long day, so dress/prepare accordingly.

crazy1here, thanks. I am going to take water with me and wear jeans as recommended. I have one more question. How long is the trail to the ruins? I haven't read anything on the trail except it can be slippery and the monkeys will sometimes throw things at you. We leave Sunday. Very excited.

Sandra

crazy1here, thanks. I am going to take water with me and wear jeans as recommended. I have one more question. How long is the trail to the ruins? I haven't read anything on the trail except it can be slippery and the monkeys will sometimes throw things at you. We leave Sunday. Very excited.

Sandra

Whoops, didnt see this question till now, andd well youre gone so lol. I guess you'll find out soon enough. Hope you have an awesome time! :)

Hi everybody, we got back yesterday from the Carnival Legend. I really love this itinerary.

As I stated before, we booked Lamanai Ruins through Major Tom. What a wonderful person. He drove the bus for us to the river. I can't say enough nice things about Major Tom. He is so knowledgeable on so many different things. He really knows alot about the Mayans and the stars. He made us feel comfortable with the time also. The trip down the river was very fast moving but very enjoyable. Major Tom had given our boat driver, who was also our guide instructions on when we would have to depart the ruins. We were there only a little over an hour but most of our group did climb the biggest temple. I found it a bit to steep for me since my balance is not what it used to be. But the ones that did climb to the top felt a since of accomplishment. We did see the howler monkeys and they did not throw anything but I wouldn't look up with my mouth open or stand right under them. All in all it was a wonderful trip and we arrived back at port with maybe 10 Min's. to spare but then we had to wait on another group that was with a Carnival tour. Just so you will know, we were on the first tender since I am platinum and that helped a lot with the time. If you plan on doing this tour, get off the ship as soon as possible. Would I do i again, yes and I would go through Major Tom again.

Sandra

Glad to hear you enjoyed the excursion to Lamanai. We went there on our Dec 2011 cruise. We booked through the cruise line.

It's a good thing we did since our bus got stuck in heavy traffic on the way back. We were a little over an hour late getting back to the ship.

crazy1here, thanks for sharing the photo's. My DH hasn't downloaded his yet so I haven't gotten to take a look. You captured a lovely view. Thanks again for the reassuring words. They made me feel a lot more at ease and it all worked out great.

crazy1here, thanks for sharing the photo's. My DH hasn't downloaded his yet so I haven't gotten to take a look. You captured a lovely view. Thanks again for the reassuring words. They made me feel a lot more at ease and it all worked out great.

You're most welcomed. Glad I could assist :)

Archived