Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

Have a few questions

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.

If the MDR has specific times what does "Priority" mean?

(sometimes certain times book up as many people prefer late dinner for example so you would get priority choice if that were to happen)

Tender Priority

You will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible)' date=' so you can explore ashore as quickly as you would like.[/size']

Can any one clarify this one to me? Does this mean that as soon as the ship docks at a port you have first dibs at getting off? Wouldn't that be the case if you were standing there ready and able already?

(people wake up very early to catch tenders. if you watch the ship dock and then get in line for the tenders, there could be 4-5 tenders worth of people already waiting. i have seen lines up to an hour to catch a tender.)

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

What does "late" mean? Can I stay in the cabin as long as I want?

(i do not believe you can stay in your cabin as long as you want, but you can stay onboard until last call. but i believe anyone can do this so this is not really a big benefit. with FTTF now being offered, they may get stricter on you getting out of your cabins by 8:30am)

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding

The quicker you board the ship, the quicker you're holding a frosty drink.

What exactly do they mean by "Express"? With this package you are the first to board?

(you will go through a separate security check in and then get to board after the platinum and diamond VIPs. basically when you normally get there they assign zones and you wait in a waiting area until your zone is called. you will be getting the equivalent of zone 1.

Once clearance is received to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.

By this statement....you still have to wait.....which exactly isn't express, is it?

(zone 1 sure beats zone 26)

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Isn't this normal? Why pay extra for it? If you don't buy the package Guest Services puts you on hold?

(there is a guest services line and phone number. they get can quite busy at certain times. VIPs and now FTTFs have a separate line and phone number with shorter wait times)

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

What time frame? What hour after you board will the luggage be delievered? 3 hours after you board?

What time does luggage normal arrive at your cabin?

(i have seen luggage arrive as quickly as 2pm and as late as 8pm. my guess is you should be on board and in your room around 11:30am. your luggage will most likely be there within 2-3 hours after that which is before sail away. normally luggage only arrives 20% of the time before sail away)

As far as we can figure out, there were only 15 slots for the faster to the fun program on our upcoming Liberty cruise. Right after it was announced, we purchased it and on first check there were 15 slots, and we got slot number 14. It was sold out the next day and has never been reloaded on the website for that sailing. we kept watching the numbers go down ... only 5 slots left, only 2 left, etc.

Watching the Port of Miami web cam now, and see a real midnight irony:

The ship that's Fastest To Da Fun is going to be Lastest To Da Ocean. :(

WOW...... Last ship in and last ship out

It will be interesting when the cruisers, that paid for the perks, get back on friday

In an effort to keep up with the growing trends in the cruise ship industry Carnival Cruise Line has just announced that beds have been shortened to 5 foot 5 inches. If you desire a bigger bed it will now costs $10 pp pd per inch. This policy will be going into effect 9/1/2012. The staff will be notified 2 weeks later.

I am already Platinum but to be honest even when I was NOT and my family members that are not yet still get on the ship right behind us practically and get their luggage fairly quickly, we have NEVER rushed out of the rooms in the morning. If MY DH and I are traveling alone then yes we utilize our platinum status and exit off the ship ASAP but otherwise we just chill and go get some breakfast and then exit with the masses.

I just not sure if the money is worth it. I will say we have used the priority tenders before and that is very nice, nothing worse then the cattle of people waiting up and down the stairwell to get to the tenders. Of course if I did not have an early private excursion planned then again I would just take my sweet time and wait until the masses left.

We rarely if ever have to use the Platinum line at the service desk but I suppose if we did have to there can be long lines at times. Again just trying to figure out if the money is really worth it. I enjoy the benefits we get but I surely didn't suffer much before we qualified for them.

I think in general Carnival does a good job of giving excellent service to every passenger and assuring they have good service throughout their cruise. Gosh before you know it you will have to pay extra if you want towel animals in your room at night! LOL

I saw comments on a Facebook page from two women who did F2F on the 8/25 Liberty sailing. On the ship before 11:30, cabins available immediately, and luggage within an hour...

Wasnt there a few on CC that posted they were trying it on the Imagination.

Im interested in reading about it

In an effort to keep up with the growing trends in the cruise ship industry Carnival Cruise Line has just announced that beds have been shortened to 5 foot 5 inches. If you desire a bigger bed it will now costs $10 pp pd per inch. This policy will be going into effect 9/1/2012. The staff will be notified 2 weeks later.
This is the answer to my prayers! $10. per extra inch is a bargain! Oh, wait. It's for a bed. Never mind.

It didn't say anything about early tenders or early debarkation ......it said early embarkation and early luggage delivery and access to VIP at Guest Services for $50

actually as a Diamond guest....... it irks me that they would make these perks available to anyone who PAYS........when I had to sail over 200 days to get them

Barb

So sorry you HAD TO do all of that sailing. Poor thing. I see this as no different than laundry service. You get that free, bit I would have to pay.

If this were true Carnival would never sail full again. I for one would never cruise with them again and I happen to like Carnival the best. I am 5'7" and DH is 5"11 so this would never happen. Are you just trying to stir trouble? Honest question.

If this were true Carnival would never sail full again. I for one would never cruise with them again and I happen to like Carnival the best. I am 5'7" and DH is 5"11 so this would never happen. Are you just trying to stir trouble? Honest question.

It's meant to be cute (and it is).

Well my ship is not one of the trial programs so who knows if I would ever get to try it out. How do you book it? Is it with shore excursions?

Honestly, if it were DH and I only, I would not bother, but with DD, I would, specifically for the priority tender and early cabin availability. The only thing worse than trying to navigate the super crowded lido deck on embarkation day with a stroller is doing it with your carry on bags.

Just got off The Liberty this morning(I am now at FLL waiting for my flight, I wanted to comment on FTTF. After the initial line to get into the building checking in was a breeze, I think it took all of 15 minutes ( if that) between checking in and getting on the ship, we headed right to our cabin to drop off carry ons and the had a quick lunch, when I got back to my cabin our luggage was waiting, we had not even been on an hour.

The regular check in line was looooonnnnnnggggggg. No problem at guest services either, only once did I have to wait behind someone, overall I would do FTTF again.

Just got off The Liberty this morning(I am now at FLL waiting for my flight, I wanted to comment on FTTF. After the initial line to get into the building checking in was a breeze, I think it took all of 15 minutes ( if that) between checking in and getting on the ship, we headed right to our cabin to drop off carry ons and the had a quick lunch, when I got back to my cabin our luggage was waiting, we had not even been on an hour.

The regular check in line was looooonnnnnnggggggg. No problem at guest services either, only once did I have to wait behind someone, overall I would do FTTF again.

Glad it worked for you Mizz K.

Thank you for your take on this. Believe me I'd use it if I had the opportunity.

It also irks me that these perks that many of us earned by being repeat CCL cruisers are now simply for sale.

I'm Platinum and it does not bother me at all. Seems like a pretty good idea. On most cruise lines only the high dollar cruisers (Suites) get to buy perks. On Carnival even inside cabin people can buy some perks. How cool is that.

No big deal to me.

So you only cruised Carnival to get repeat cruiser perks?

What irks me is people who are given perks they in no way paid for and still complain.

I would cruise with Carnival (or RCI or any cruise line) perks or no perks.

I'm Platinum and it does not bother me at all. Seems like a pretty good idea. On most cruise lines only the high dollar cruisers (Suites) get to buy perks. On Carnival even inside cabin people can buy some perks. How cool is that.

No big deal to me.

So you only cruised Carnival to get repeat cruiser perks?

What irks me is people who are given perks they in no way paid for and still complain.

I would cruise with Carnival (or RCI or any cruise line) perks or no perks.

I'm one that does not cruise for perks,I cruise because it's a great way to vacation, I like the fact that I can get a little extra for my $50, those that are mad just need to get over it,those of us who do FTTF are not taking anything from those that are upset about the program.

It also irks me that these perks that many of us earned by being repeat CCL cruisers are now simply for sale.

If those of us who acquired perks (the E.F. Hutton way) were to buy this same program - I wonder what "super elite" perks we would then be entitled to? :DSeems fair to me, but who ever said life was fair... :eek:

I just hope that my "enjoyment" of the perks I've earned is not diminished by spreading this all too thin! If Carnival plays this smart they can pocket a few extra bucks and not make some of us feel like we've been sold out. That will require them being careful how many they sell. Who am I kidding? They will sell as many as they can get away with! ;)

Tom

I'm one that does not cruise for perks,I cruise because it's a great way to vacation, I like the fact that I can get a little extra for my $50, those that are mad just need to get over it,those of us who do FTTF are not taking anything from those that are upset about the program.

I'm glad to see that it worked out well for you. I agree that it's certainly a good deal!

As to whether or not it takes something away (from those who earned rather than purchased) them - that has yet to be determined. This is a new program, and will most certainly be modified.

As I said before, I hope that Carnival plays their cards right!

Tom

THANK YOU so much for the feedback!! We are on the Liberty next Saturday and we bought the ftf pass too so I was waiting to hear feedback! We are traveling with our two kids and it is our first vacation in forever so it seemed worth it to me.

Any other thoughts or info on your trip? Did you have any rough waters? :)

Archived