Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

All 15 tickets for my upcoming November cruise are already sold out.

As a Platinum Cruiser, this does not thrill me at all. BUT>>> most of the 15 were purchased by members of our CC Roll call..... and.. to be honest, if we were not Platinum, we would buy this package in a heartbeat!!

You are right, I don't get it. Everyone has a right to feel anyway they want, I just don't understand it. I guess everyone has different priorities. I'm just trying to put it into perspective. So many people are up in arms over any changes when in reality, they are actually benefiting with a few extra perks. What irks me is how important being Platinum/Diamond seems to be to some....like it's not worth cruising unless they have it.

I don't think that is it at all, personally.

I know I have planned a cruise in the past, and Royal and Carnival were priced very similarly. I chose Carnival. Why? Because I had 6 cruises or whatever and this next one put me one step closer to having some nicer perks. I was still going to cruise either way, but my Loyalty was being rewarded.

Now, not so much. And I can tell you, I will probably choose the Royal sailing over Carnival in the future. Royal's perks are looking better and better every day. And if you are going to hit the high seas anyway, why not take the better perks? It just makes good sense.

That's illogical, to be very honest.

Platinum cruisers didn't PAY for perks, they paid for CRUISES. Am I supposed to believe that you've all been spending thousands to get a few paltry benefits, and that you wouldn't have cruised if it weren't for Carnival's loyalty program?

There is no huge, disparaging difference. They are paying for what you didn't - you have the privilege of enjoying it based on your loyalty, and they have the privilege of enjoying based on paying for it.

What Platinum cruisers PAID for is cruises, and that's what they got. The rest of it is extras that were extended to you as an incentive - not a right or an entitlement.

Do I get why people may be a little miffed? Sure. But some of the comments I've read just don't make sense.

See my post above

To me, this is no different than paying to upgrade to a first class ticket on a plane when others used earned miles. Would I pay an extra 50 bucks?? I don't know. What I do know, is that if I did pay, I still wouldn't see the inside of a VIP lounge until I was Diamond or Platinum because I wouldn't BE Diamond or Platinum. There are still things that I would not be privy to (laundry service, free gifts, upgrades, etc.) and I dont' see what the big deal is about someone being let on the ship early or getting to their room earlier if they want to pay for a "first class" ticket.

The airline comparision people are using is not the same. Anyone can buy first class just like anyone can buy a suite. FTTF isn't giving you first class it is allowing people to purchase the perks of a first class passenger. This program would be the same as someone in coach paying extra for the meal and service offered in first class but are still in coach.

:cool: Big deal!!!:rolleyes: Last month everyone was complaining about how bad the perks we get, and now we find out they are worth $50!!!!:eek: If someone wants to waste their money to get on the ship early:rolleyes: After us Platiums!! And still not get free laundry!!!4.gif

Can I ask how many cruises you have taken?

I never cruised to achieve a level either. As you can see from my signature I am not monogamous, however, I totally understand where the pissed off people are coming from. After years on Cruise Critic and reading very many numerous posts by people who were on that climb to that Platinum level, I guess that gives me a different perspective because I have seen (read) the delight these posters had in trying to reach that point. It was like a finish line of sorts...so they finally get there and someone moved the line.

It sucks.

Oh good god, I am so new to cruising it's ridiculous lol. I've done only one - last year on the Glory. Booked the Miracle for 10 days in March and am looking at a mediterranean in 2014 and possibly a transatlantic too if I can convince dh to do a b2b. NOW, when you explain it like that (finish line of sorts....) I do get it a little more as that makes sense, I guess like a personal goal. But really to me the perk is just the cruise itself. Maybe I'm just in the honeymoon stage but give me a good balcony with some sea air and I'm all good. Nothing much else matters. Any of the free stuff in the new or (old program for that matter) I could pay for, other than the VIP lounge - which seems to be holding true to the F2F program so I don't get the hubub to the whole thing. I don't know what the big deal is with the lounge yet but will after March. Is it really that fantastic?

All 15 tickets for my upcoming November cruise are already sold out.

As a Platinum Cruiser, this does not thrill me at all. BUT>>> most of the 15 were purchased by members of our CC Roll call..... and.. to be honest, if we were not Platinum, we would buy this package in a heartbeat!!

So Carnival has totally pissed off their base for an extra $750.

Brilliant!

I checked on my upcoming Imagination cruise Carnival is selling 15 F2F. Thats a max of 60 people.

That is a lot. On cruises on the Conquest class ships, I noticed, when signing up for the slot tourney, that the number of plat and above cruisers was between 50-60. This program could more than double the number of people vying for the same perks. Sixty people can easily fill a tender plus, you know CCL will increase the number over 15 sold, it is just too tempting.

Gonna be honest....perks don't make my cruise. I cruise to cruise. That's my vacation! People rarely get perks for going to the same beach house for 20 years but still go.

As long as I'm having fun that's all that matters :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

The airline comparision people are using is not the same. Anyone can buy first class just like anyone can buy a suite. FTTF isn't giving you first class it is allowing people to purchase the perks of a first class passenger. This program would be the same as someone in coach paying extra for the meal and service offered in first class but are still in coach.

Actually, it's not. If you buy a first class plane ticket, you get all the first class perks, meals, comfy seats, etc, etc. This program only gives a few of the perks Diamond/Platinum members get. So it's more like sitting in first class in the comfy seat but not getting the better meal.

That is a lot. On cruises on the Conquest class ships, I noticed, when signing up for the slot tourney, that the number of plat and above cruisers was between 50-60. This program could more than double the number of people vying for the same perks. Sixty people can easily fill a tender plus, you know CCL will increase the number over 15 sold, it is just too tempting.

I doubt all 15 are quads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

HMMMMMM........ So at the tender will there now be three lines, regular, fastest to the fun, and Platinum/Diamond, OR with there now be tender line Police required to decide if Platinum/Diamond trumps Fastest to the Fun or vice versa? I gonna love watching this social experiment.:D

Oh good god, I am so new to cruising it's ridiculous lol. I've done only one - last year on the Glory. Booked the Miracle for 10 days in March and am looking at a mediterranean in 2014 and possibly a transatlantic too if I can convince dh to do a b2b. NOW, when you explain it like that (finish line of sorts....) I do get it a little more as that makes sense, I guess like a personal goal. But really to me the perk is just the cruise itself. Maybe I'm just in the honeymoon stage but give me a good balcony with some sea air and I'm all good. Nothing much else matters. Any of the free stuff in the new or (old program for that matter) I could pay for, other than the VIP lounge - which seems to be holding true to the F2F program so I don't get the hubub to the whole thing. I don't know what the big deal is with the lounge yet but will after March. Is it really that fantastic?

After Carnival debuted this caste system loyality program the first cruise I sailed was my ninth. The next cruise I was platinum my PVP explained briefly the then perks. I read where so many people feel they EARNED the perks. I don't feel that way because it just kinda happened to me. It was BOOM I've got a different color card and have to leave the group I was boarding with. If I wasn't platinum and I had an early flight hell yeah I'd buy this new program.

Our Nov.3rd was almost all bought up by our roll call. Not sure why all the fuss. There couldnt have been more than 20 or so tickets so what 40 more people.. A drop in the bucket for a few of us "lowlife" people to be able Rub elbows with all of you High and Mightys :rolleyes:

Our Nov.3rd was almost all bought up by our roll call. Not sure why all the fuss. There couldnt have been more than 20 or so tickets so what 40 more people.. A drop in the bucket for a few of us "lowlife" people to be able Rub elbows with all of you High and Mightys :rolleyes:

Keep watching, another 20 will be available soon. And another, and another.

and here i thought the whole idea of creating a mostly unreachable new level because there were just too many people attaining the platinum level.

guess we were all fools!

Yup.

But did we really believe any of that double speak bs anyway?

:confused: OK, so can anyone guess how they are going to let us into our rooms early? I remember how we used to be able to go into our rooms as soon as we boarded. I don't know if it was technically allowed, but I remember doing it - because SO many other people did it too. It got so bad that they started physically blocking the halls with the fire doors - and on my recent cruises, those doors stayed closed until 1:30 or darn near close to it.

So how are they going to keep EVERYONE from going to the rooms if the fire doors aren't closed? They don't have the staff to keep watch on every floor - and from my early experiences, if the hall is open, every Tom, Dick and Harry will be going to their rooms early, even if they are told they can't.

As a Platinum cruiser, I am upset. It does indeed seem like they've taken some of the best Platinum perks and put them up for sale, which will make certain things more crowded, longer lines. If they keep it at 15 cabins per sailing, maybe it won't have too much of an effect - but as someone else said - can we really trust Carnival to keep that limit? I don't. Let's just say my opinion of them is turning more sour with each announcement.

One thing no one has mentioned, is the late debarkation option.

If I remember from the survey correctly this would allow you to stay on the ship all day until the all ashore call is given before sail away (when they kick the wedding guests off).

Under certain circumstances that may be worth the 50 bucks.

I am no where near platinum and I think this is not a smart move by Carnival. I am curious how they will differentiate the luggage of those who bought the package? Will they have to train all the porters at each port? Will all the stewards have to dig through all the luggage to deliver the special ones. That would make the stewards' job more difficult and inefficient which would negate any priority purchased.

Interesting to see how Carnival will execute this purchased perk. Frankly, to avoid the crowd just arrive at the port early. This might work out better for those who didn't have this perk, maybe our line will be shorter and faster. As long as my luggage makes it onboard, getting it a couple of hours later makes no difference to me. It took my family less than an hour to board last September in NYC for the Miracle, how much time will I actually save?

None of these fee for service would work if people would not buy them. Once consumers gives in, there is no reason for a corporation to discontinue the practice and only encourages similiar endeavors in the future. I don't see why Carnival would stop offering this despite all the negative feedback as some sailings are already sold out. It is the same mentality that makes people buy at 10% off when they should just wait for the store to mark everything down to 90% off. We as consumers forget we have the power to dictate how a company conducts its business.

Carnival is short sighted with all these changes. It is diluting its product which will reduce demand and ultimately lower fares which will require more cuts to remain as profitable. Vicious cycle. Offer a good product for good value and they will come as the saying goes. It is much cheaper to retain a customer than to earn a new one.

Archived