recommendations please???

cruzdreamin'

My husband and I are planning on taking my parents on a cruise sometime in the next few months and I'm really confused. icon11.gif ALthough we have been on many cruises (this will be the first and sadly to say the last cruise my parents will be on). Therefor I want to make it really special for them, We have picked out the ship but I'm torn between the western and eastern cruises. I feel like they would enjoy the islands on the eastern cruise better but think that maybe they'd prefer a shorter cruise which would mean going western. DOes anyone have any suggestions/advice for us to to if we were to choose say...Belize and COzumel. My parents are 77 and 80...they don't do beaches, scuba diving, zip lining, dune buggy riding, etc. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a really good tour operator that could customize something for us that didn't have a lot of activity, but maybe along the way of sightseeing??? I'd really appreciate any and all help/suggestions/advise you can give me.icon7.gif

THanks so much!

Debbie

Debbie,

I went to these ports with my parents and aunts who are not able to do those things. In Roatan I booked a island tour with Ronys tours and he is really good and keeps you laughing. Everyone really enjoyed the island. Some of the group wanted to go zip lining, including my mom and one of my aunts and Rony took the others around the island until we were done. His website is ronystours.com. He took us to the best shopping places and he is very knowledgeable about the island and talks the whole time he is driving about the area. He watched our bags when we got out of the van and we felt safe the entire time.

Hope this helps!:)

April

My husband and I are planning on taking my parents on a cruise sometime in the next few months and I'm really confused. icon11.gif ALthough we have been on many cruises (this will be the first and sadly to say the last cruise my parents will be on). Therefor I want to make it really special for them' date=' We have picked out the ship but I'm torn between the western and eastern cruises. I feel like they would enjoy the islands on the eastern cruise better but think that maybe they'd prefer a shorter cruise which would mean going western. DOes anyone have any suggestions/advice for us to to if we were to choose say...Belize and COzumel. My parents are 77 and 80...they don't do beaches, scuba diving, zip lining, dune buggy riding, etc. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a really good tour operator that could customize something for us that didn't have a lot of activity, but maybe along the way of sightseeing??? I'd really appreciate any and all help/suggestions/advise you can give me.[img']http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon7.gif[/img]

THanks so much!

Debbie

You can take them to see the ruins in either Cozumel or Belize, but check each for how long the ride to/from the ship would take, as some of them are quite long. If you do the eastern, you'll find the natives do speak English so there wouldn't be a language barrier. Thus, you could just book a tour when you get there. There's always tour companies vying for your business at the ports and many of them are willing to bargain. Last time in St. Thomas, we decided to go into town first though and there were dozens of them. We found one who wasn't at all pushy and he wound up being one of the best guides we'd ever gone with. Can't remember his name right now, but he drives a red open tour bus and he not only gave us a good deal for our teenager, but he was very knowledgeable, entertaining and accommodating. If you do decide on the short western cruise, also consider that there are many more ships that sail into Cozumel than Belize, so personally, I choose Belize out of those two. Hope this helps you somewhat. Whatever you decide have fun and enjoy!:)

Archived