HCG and Exercise...

Realblonde474

:confused: Hi y'all, need your help if you don't mind.

I am on Day 6 of phase 1 with injections and have lost about seven pounds. After D3 on HCG, I added back light exercise (treadmill and etc) On the advice of my MD, I have added back about 200 calories a day to my food (highest day so far was 750). Last night I did a couple of classes (Kickboxing and ABS) and suddenly today (NOON EST) I feel terrible. Felt great this morning but as today is progressing I feel worse and worse. Is this the HCG flu?

Any advice/ideas? To the haters, please don't tell me how dangerous, etc. For everyone person who hates this plan (in whatever form) there is someone else who loves it and has used it successfully to "jump start" their weight loss as I am doing.

I want to know if this is normal and/or what I can to prevent this from happening tomorrow. I love exercise and need it (due to the excessive stress in my life right now...and it's cheaper than ****** :D ) . And btw, the org. protocol endorses "light exercise" to help with water retention...

Thanks!

Donna

I've done HcG a number of times, through clinics and purchasing my own. I know you are supposed to be careful about exercising avidly and strenuously. They recommend walking.... nothing too strenuous until you are on P3.

I know I have to rest more and get more sleep when doing P2.

Hope this helps!

:confused: Hi y'all, need your help if you don't mind.

I am on Day 6 of phase 1 with injections and have lost about seven pounds. After D3 on HCG, I added back light exercise (treadmill and etc) On the advice of my MD, I have added back about 200 calories a day to my food (highest day so far was 750). Last night I did a couple of classes (Kickboxing and ABS) and suddenly today (NOON EST) I feel terrible. Felt great this morning but as today is progressing I feel worse and worse. Is this the HCG flu?

Any advice/ideas? To the haters, please don't tell me how dangerous, etc. For everyone person who hates this plan (in whatever form) there is someone else who loves it and has used it successfully to "jump start" their weight loss as I am doing.

I want to know if this is normal and/or what I can to prevent this from happening tomorrow. I love exercise and need it (due to the excessive stress in my life right now...and it's cheaper than ****** :D ) . And btw, the org. protocol endorses "light exercise" to help with water retention...

Thanks!

Donna

This may apply slightly differently because I am male and I had quite a bit of weight to lose, so please keep that in mind.

When I started the HCG shots I ate about double the suggested amount i.e. instead of 500 calories I ate roughly 1000 calories per day but like you, I did it with physical activity. I also cut out most of the simple carbs and I saw good results and had the energy I needed to get through my workout.

By the end I dropped my body fat % several points and lost roughly 20 pounds in a month.

BTW I get my hcg shots online at a really good price, I bring that up only b/c I have seen where people are paying several hundred per month for a 30 day supply. this is where I get it- http://ushcginjections.com

I won't tell you how unhealthy this is because you won't listen any way. How many grams of carbs are you eating per day? If your carb count is low you may be entering ketosis. Then again you may have depleted your glycogen stores and are starting to burn proteins (muscle). Please be careful. I'm not posting this to criticize, just to make sure you don't ignore what your body is telling you. Go to your local pharmacy and ask for some keto strips. You hold one of these in your urine stream and if you are excreting ketones, it will change color. This is a sign that your are in ketosis. If so then the reason you're feeling bad is called carb flu. It's your body getting used to burning ketones (soluble fat) as a fuel source as opposed to glucose/glycogen. It will pass in a day or two, followed by feeling really great.

I do appreciate your help and advice. I did break down last night and had a piece of 9 grain bread with some chicken and felt 100% better.

Also, today I feel great.

Just to clarify, is the carb flu a bad thing?

I did Atkins years' ago so I am familiar with ketosis but how I felt yesterday was completely different. Also I didn't go the gym and took the day off.

Thanks again!

I'm sorry, but i will mention that it is very unhealthy. The only thing that works for weight and fat loss is a combination of exercise, training with weights, and eating healthy. Make sure to include all food groups into your nutrition plan. Fad diets do not work because they eliminate food groups.

The best way to become permanently overweight, proven in study after study – is to become “a serial dieter.” Eat healthy and exercise. Skip the fad diets.

I'm sorry, but i will mention that it is very unhealthy. The only thing that works for weight and fat loss is a combination of exercise, training with weights, and eating healthy. Make sure to include all food groups into your nutrition plan. Fad diets do not work because they eliminate food groups.

The best way to become permanently overweight, proven in study after study – is to become “a serial dieter.” Eat healthy and exercise. Skip the fad diets.

Im often puzzled by some of the things I read, even by medical doctors sometimes.

Here are some examples, low calorie diets are dangerous yet a Dr has no issue performing an invasive and very expensive gastric bypass procedure which shrinks your stomach and forces you to eat less calories.

Then others say, well if you stop XY or Z then you will gain the weight back, which is true but if you stop your fitness program and change your good eating habits to bad what happens then? The same exact thing.

Like CC said the point is to live a healthy lifestyle, the HCG diet was never intended to be a permanent solution, in fact any literature I have seen on the topic mentions you are to cycle it 30 on and 30 off until you reach your desired weight. It is not supposed to be a lifelong program, just one you use for rapid weight loss as needed.

After that and as a matter of fact in between cycles you should be developing good eating habits and working out.

It kills me how people think they know the ONE right answer. In my opinion, whatever way works for you to lose weight is the right way because being overweight is far more dangerous. CC's way may work for them, but it didn't work for me. For me, hcg has worked, but that doesn't mean I think it's for everyone.

It kills me how people think they know the ONE right answer. In my opinion, whatever way works for you to lose weight is the right way because being overweight is far more dangerous. CC's way may work for them, but it didn't work for me. For me, hcg has worked, but that doesn't mean I think it's for everyone.

Agreed.

I am not on an HCG plan but am on a doctor supervised plan using Phentramine for appetite, 500 calories a day (allowed 20 carbs a day) and I receive a b12 shot weekly. Not quite the same in terms of what you get for an injection, but the program is probably similar. I have lost 35 lbs in 8 weeks.

I am also an endurance athlete (I was a "bigger" one) and run/other training burn about 500-800 calories per one hour session every day. Even with all that extra weight, I could run a 13.20 mile.

The doctor told me to increase my protein by 200-300 calories per day and I also had to drink an extra bottle of powerade zero for electroyltes. Granted my situation is/was different, but this may be a useful idea. I spread my protein out during the day...an egg to add to my egg whites and turkey bacon in the morning, 2tb peanutbutter and celery mid afternoon, and then an extra turkey burger with dinner after training.

Thanks. Was wondering if I was the only one. :)

No people who attack the HGC plan aren't fully informed. Believe me I researched it. I even spoke with my doctor.

I don't understand people can call a low calorie diet that restricts sugar intake, carb intake (other then through natural sources such as fruit or vegetables) and gets the participant to be aware of portion size by weighing their food a fad diet or a gimmick. Oh I'm sorry, and those people that are on South Beach and eat pounds of bacon and run out and pay excess amounts of money on South Beach branded frozen foods and snack bars aren't involved in some gimmick diet?

I think people's knee jerk reaction is simply their primal reaction to an injection. Whatever, to me I'd bite an angry rhinoceros on the ass if it would have helped me lose weight. My doctor's approval means more to me then some BB poster's well meaning, but ill informed opinion.

Oh, and please don't post about how the studies show it doesn't work... I'm living proof it does. Read the study's information completely (I did before I started) and you will see that the studies did not follow the protocol. They gave injections, true. However, the participants did not restrict carb or sugar intake which is he core component of the protocol and how it works.

People hate on the HCG protocol because it works, it works fast and it doesn't involve diet food or being a gym rat or getting some fancy piece of equipment. They don't want to face the fact that by participating in plans that support that, they are generating millions of dollars for industries that thrive off of misleading consumers.

Healthy food, portion control, education - taking responsibility for what you shovel into your mouth ... that's what HCG is all about, what makes that a gimmick or fad?

Archived