shorter port times

sunnybreeze

Anyone else upset about the shorter port times on Carnival Triumph? It's only about an 1 1/2 hours shorter but that can make a big difference if you are doing something in port. By the time you get off the ship after waiting in line for everyone to have their picture made, you've already lost

part of the onshore time also, so you've lost more time. I wrote Carnival and received a very inadequate answer, basically it was sorry, hope you still have fun on the ship. I have been on 14 Carnival cruises and am already booked for the fifteenth, I should have paid more attention, to the schedule, I thought it would be the way it always was. Live and Learn!

Anyone else upset about the shorter port times on Carnival Triumph? It's only about an 1 1/2 hours shorter but that can make a big difference if you are doing something in port. By the time you get off the ship after waiting in line for everyone to have their picture made, you've already lost

part of the onshore time also, so you've lost more time. I wrote Carnival and received a very inadequate answer, basically it was sorry, hope you still have fun on the ship. I have been on 14 Carnival cruises and am already booked for the fifteenth, I should have paid more attention, to the schedule, I thought it would be the way it always was. Live and Learn!

More details please.

I booked thru ************* in July for Nov 10th,2012 Carnival Triumph out of Galveston. The itinerary printed out Merida 7A -3P, Cozumel 8A-4P. When checking after booking for other friends that might book I noticed it

changed to Merida 7:30A-4P, Cozumel 8A-3P. My return email from Carnival was "I do apologize that this change has affected your cruising

experience. I hope with the new adjustment you're still able to enjoy your

time on our Fun Ship"

I realize this isn't that big a deal, but I do like to spend time in the ports and by the time you finally get off the ship and have to be on 30mins before sailing, it really limits you. This actually happened to me in May, I took a shore excursion to Passion Island and that took up all but about 30 mins of the port time up and it was only a 5 hr excursion. That was the first time I had been on a 4 day cruise and thought that had something to do with it, but it shouldn't.

You actually gained a half hour in Merida (Total time) and lost an hour in Cozumel for a net loss of a half hour. That really is not a big deal especially when the change could have resulted from actions of the port authority. They have to coordinate several ships that may be visiting the port at the same time.

I'm not real happy about the 3pm departure from Cozumel. We're on the Nov. 5 cruise, and want to do the Cozumel Bar Hop. I emailed them and they will have us back at the ship at 2:10, so we'll still make it, but would have been nice if they had left the departure time at 4 like it was when I booked this cruise. I can't see another ship coming in after 3, so what is the reason for cutting the time short?

When I book a cruise I consider the itinerary part of the package and how I make a decision on which one to choose. The changes most probably have

something to do with money. I realize they are a corporation that needs to make money, but they shouldn't make changes midstream after customers

have already paid their nonrefundable money! I like Cozumel and have never found as much to do or see in Merida (Progresso), so the increase in

that port is not an incentive for me. By the time the ship gets cleared by customs in port and you wait in line for everyone to take their picture getting off the ship, usually you are already off later than the schedule says, that has been my experience most of the time.

I remember the days when we'd stay in Cozumel until 10pm and St. Thomas until 8pm.

I don't know why the port times are getting shorter in general.

The one I really don't like is the port time for Roatan. Why must we leave at 3pm? Can't the ship stay until at least 5?

Also Costa Maya. That's a really short port time that I wish were longer.

I guess they want us back on the ship spending money.

We just paid off our cruise on the Pride for October and I noticed that there were shorter port times too. We were suppose to be at Grand Turk from 7am to 3pm, now its 8am to 2pm. We also lost 30 minutes in Freeport. I was so disappointed that I called Carnival to see if they could explain why we lost 2 hours at our first port of call. Considering we are at sea for 2 1/2 days prior to the first call. They had no explanation except for the fact that they can change the itinerary at any time.

My DW and myself love to sail out of Baltimore and this will be our second cruise on the Pride (we enjoyed the first) but we have become very disappointed in Carnival since booking. Everytime we turn around they are changing things and its not for the better. I believe everyone knows about all the cuts that Carnival has implemented over the past couple years.Maybe it is because the Pride hasn't got the funship 2.0 changes yet. If thats the case then maybe I just booked for the wrong time because I feel like I have lost more then I will get.

We booked this cruise because we got a good price on the trip but I am the type of person though that would rather pay more for better quality. From the looks of things DW and myself will be cruising on RCL after this. I wish that Carnival would just increase their fares, if thats what they need to do to offer a quality product. I mean no disrespect to those who are loyal to Carnival but I am starting to feel that you get what you pay for. cheap = cheap.

Our port times are short IMHO I mean really who is going to be there in line before 7am?? I am a new cruiser but I need my coffee first LOL

This is for the liberty coming up in a couple weeks so our earliest back is 3pm so that means we have to heading back by 230??

Jenn

Date Port Arrive Depart

8/25/2012 Miami, FL ---- 4:00 PM

Explore this Port

8/26/2012 Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

8/27/2012 Cozumel, Mexico 7:00 AM 5:00 PM

Explore this Port

8/28/2012 Belize 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Explore this Port

8/29/2012 Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan 7:00 AM 3:00 PM

Explore this Port

8/30/2012 Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Explore this Port

8/31/2012 Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

9/1/2012 Miami, FL 8:00 AM ----

Explore this Port

Shorter time in port means slower ship speed when at sea.

Slower ship speed means less fuel.

Less fuel means more money for Carnival.

Also;

Shorter time in port means more people on the ship longer.

More people on the ship longer means more revenue.

As we all know, more revenue means more money.

Say it along with me: Mo money, Mo money, Mo money for carnival.

That should explain it.

Shorter time in port means slower ship speed when at sea.

Slower ship speed means less fuel.

Less fuel means more money for Carnival.

Also;

Shorter time in port means more people on the ship longer.

More people on the ship longer means more revenue.

As we all know, more revenue means more money.

Say it along with me: Mo money, Mo money, Mo money for carnival.

That should explain it.

I think you may have hit it on the head.

They have that clause that says they can change times and if you don't like it, tough.

I honestly think my next cruise will be it for me. I am just wondering where the breaking point is. The waiters in the dinning room used to have time to do tricks and napkin folding and stop by for a chat, they used to scrape the crmbs from the table and other things that are not absolutely necessary, but still nice. Now they don't have time for any of that. Carnival tries to say no change in the numbers of waiters, but if you ask them, the look on their faces says a lot.

In the 90's Carnival used to stay at ports quite a bit later.

In Cozumel, I can remember Carlos & Charlies, giving last call

@ 11:00 pm so everyone could be back to the ship by midnight.

Yes we stayed in Cozumel from 10:00 am till midnight.

Other ports aslo had very long times in ports.

I guess at some point Carnival said why are we letting our pax

stay in port so long. If they are in port they are not

spending their money on our ships. That about sums it all up..

I'm not real happy about the 3pm departure from Cozumel. We're on the Nov. 5 cruise, and want to do the Cozumel Bar Hop. I emailed them and they will have us back at the ship at 2:10, so we'll still make it, but would have been nice if they had left the departure time at 4 like it was when I booked this cruise. I can't see another ship coming in after 3, so what is the reason for cutting the time short?

To save time just walk around the line at the photographer and keep going.

Bill

I agree they are changing the schedules around quite a bit. We lost an hour in Costa Maya for our Dream cruise. I guess the best answer is to quit cruising or spend less while onboard, maybe they'll get it sooner or later.

there is another option and that is to cruise on a different cruise line.:)

Bill

there is another option and that is to cruise on a different cruise line.:)

Bill

Yes, I will look into that for our next cruise. CCL is cutting back too much, but have heard the other lines are too. DH & I have talked about maybe skipping a year of cruising. We like to do land based vacations too.

**We have cruised enough that I no longer want pictures getting off the ship, so I just move around them(being courteous) and get off.

I don't have my picture taken anymore either but I didn't know there was an option but to wait to get through the wall to wall people. When I finally

get up there, I just tell them no thank you and go on my way. If there was a seperate gangway for those not wanting their picture taken that would be great, but I don't see that happening. It would speed things up.

Archived