Hawaii Cruise worth it? $$$ NCL Pride of America

robinemma

I have been looking at some 15 day Hawaii cruises departing California. Princess and Celebrity have some that are priced about the same as a 7 day POA cruise that departs from Honolulu. The trade off is that it requires more time off from work, but you can save a lot of money by avoiding air fare to Honolulu.

Maybe it comes down to saving time by flying to Honolulu or save money by cruising out of California. To each his/her own, that is what makes cruising so great.

btw, I have been to Hawaii twice on land vacations, it is a beautiful place, and something that is worth the time and money to see. I know the Caribbean is beautiful but it isn't Hawaii.

GO SEE HAWAII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aren't great memories worth the price paid..You may never get another chance..........Go for the gusto !!!!! I am paying $2500. for 2 for an inside booked a year ago...........I'm only in the cabin to sleep, so don't need anything more cabin wise. Good Luck !!!!!!!!

When are you going to Hawaii?

Aloha,

Hubby & I travel to Hawaii twice a year and usually stay at a condo or a resort. We adore the Hawaiian Islands. Looking foward to Aulani next month.

We are looking at NCL Pride of America out of Honolulu in August '13 with friends & family... however, the $4K balcony cabin price tag seems expensive for two! Is $1900 per person typical for a balcony room on this cruise?

We sailed on Celebrity Solstice to the Eastern Caribbean a few years ago and didn't pay nearly the amount NCL wants for Hawaii. The Solstice is a beautiful ship - Pride of America's pictures and amenities don't appear to be all that great ~ am I wrong? Is the $$ worth it?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

The question should be is the Aulani worth it. It is so expensive, very brown and in the most boring spot on oahu...just my opinion. The marriott down the walkway from aulani is so much nicer.

The cruise is an affordable way to see several islands. Check out the price of flying inter island.

We have reserved September 2014 for our cruise on POA...this will be our 3rd time on her....If we didn't like it, we wouldn't be repeating this cruise. So, my answer is YES!...it is worth it! The first time we had a midship balcony on deck 9, This year we had an AFT cabin on deck 9, and I reserved the same AFT cabin for 2014. Actually we didn't get to enjoy our cabin this year because of a medical emergency soon after we embarked, wasn't able to take the cruise, or even see our cabin....so we planned 2014 as our *do over* cruise. I don't think I will ever go to an inside cabin because you miss out on sitting on your balcony taking in the beautiful scenery, listening to the waves, seeing sealife...night time looking at the stars, falling asleep to the sound of the waves, having breakfast on the balcony in the mornings...just a nice place to relax away from everyone. IMO, a balcony is the way to go.

This is a great way to sample each of the islands visited, so much to see and do, and having the ship as a hotel was great. You can have all your meals on the ship....the only extra $ we spent was for souvineers and a few drinks.

For 2014 our cruise is costing us $2570/pp which includes taxes and travel protection...the actual guest fare is $2200/pp. it's a little more pricier because we chose an AFT balcony but it is sooo worth it to us.

You can't compare the Eastern Caribbean to Hawaii....there is no comparison IMO....In 2011 I booked the SKY/Bahamas 4 day for 4 of us and including air, only cost around $4500 for all of us. We even reserved 2 balcony cabins.

Yes, there is going to be a huge price difference between Hawaii and the Caribbean, after all, you are going to be in Hawaii...lol....but you are going to see multiple islands, wake up each morning to a new destination, that's the fun part for me. The ship itself is nice, the food, service, the entertainment, all are ok by me, never had any problems....

~L~

We have reserved September 2014 for our cruise on POA...this will be our 3rd time on her....If we didn't like it, we wouldn't be repeating this cruise. So, my answer is YES!...it is worth it! The first time we had a midship balcony on deck 9, This year we had an AFT cabin on deck 9, and I reserved the same AFT cabin for 2014. Actually we didn't get to enjoy our cabin this year because of a medical emergency soon after we embarked, wasn't able to take the cruise, or even see our cabin....so we planned 2014 as our *do over* cruise. I don't think I will ever go to an inside cabin because you miss out on sitting on your balcony taking in the beautiful scenery, listening to the waves, seeing sealife...night time looking at the stars, falling asleep to the sound of the waves, having breakfast on the balcony in the mornings...just a nice place to relax away from everyone. IMO, a balcony is the way to go.

This is a great way to sample each of the islands visited, so much to see and do, and having the ship as a hotel was great. You can have all your meals on the ship....the only extra $ we spent was for souvineers and a few drinks.

For 2014 our cruise is costing us $2570/pp which includes taxes and travel protection...the actual guest fare is $2200/pp. it's a little more pricier because we chose an AFT balcony but it is sooo worth it to us.

You can't compare the Eastern Caribbean to Hawaii....there is no comparison IMO....In 2011 I booked the SKY/Bahamas 4 day for 4 of us and including air, only cost around $4500 for all of us. We even reserved 2 balcony cabins.

Yes, there is going to be a huge price difference between Hawaii and the Caribbean, after all, you are going to be in Hawaii...lol....but you are going to see multiple islands, wake up each morning to a new destination, that's the fun part for me. The ship itself is nice, the food, service, the entertainment, all are ok by me, never had any problems....

~L~

Thanks for your post. Now I'm even more excited about both visiting Hawaii and sailing on POA for the first time! Enjoy your "do over" trip.

Doug

Archived