Pre Cruise Planner - working for you? Or is it just Mariner sailings?

We're sailing on Mariner out of Civitavecchia in 15 days time.

The RCI web site says that we can make reservations for the speciality restaurants up to 20th August (5 days prior to sailing).

I know I can make reservations onboard, but I like to plan ahead to get our preferred time.

So I have a question for you all. Has anyone been able to make reservations for the speciality restaurants online in advance for your sailing or it is just the Mariner sailings having this problem as suggested by the RCI UK IT team?

I've been trying for 2 days and the system keeps coming back with 'Pre Cruise Planner is not available, please try later'.

It then locks my cruise reservation and I can't do anything else for at least 15 minutes. Very frustrating and the RCI IT team said it's too late for them to do anything as they finish work on a Friday at 5:30 pm (UK time) and at the time of calling, my reservation was still locked and they cannot unlock it (strange for an IT team to not be able to unlock a reservation, but implied it can only be done by the IT team in Miami).

So the advice is that I need to try again after the next web site maintenance which is scheduled from 2 am to 7 am (UK time) on Saturday (although this alert has now disappeared from the RCI UK home page!).

But the IT person also said I should perhaps leave it until midday tomorrow, or better still leave it until tomorrow evening before I try again. :D

If it doesn't work, then I have to wait until Monday to contact them as they don't work weekends and I must not have accessed my reservation for at least 30 minutes before calling because the system locks it and they cannot release any locks as said above. (Still find this strange as I know if I have access to a database I can unlock tables/records).

Anyway, another wonderful part of RCI web service.

Archived