Trying to Please Everyone (or Most)

smallchange

We (a group of 10 adults) are planning an end of March 2013 cruise. Some in the group are divers and want to concentrate on that type of excursion whenever possible. Non-divers are less picky. We've done the Western Caribbean itinerary and some want to pick a different route this cruise. I want to make sure that we choose ports where the diving is good. I feel the divers would be most disappointed if it didn't live up to their expectations. Can anyone give recommendations about whether we should go Eastern (St. Thomas, St Maarten) or Southern (San Juan, St. Croix, St. Lucia, Barbados)? Or is the best diving on the Western Caribbean itinerary? We do want to stick to a cruise ship and not a resort. Thanks for your help.

Bonaire and Curacao down south are great diving. Dominica is very good. Cozumel is always good. Roatan is great. Jamaica is terrible. I've heard the USVI have descent diving. Most routes I see might hit one or two good diving spots with the rest mediocre for the Caribbean.

Maybe this will help.

http://www.scubadiving.com/travel/caribbean-atlantic/2012-top-100-readers-choice-awards

You sound similar to our group of 7.

If it was up to me, we just keep doing the Western Route with Coz, Roatan, Belize, and Grand Cayman. The rest of the group wants variety.

This year we are doing Southern and are diving in St Croix, Dominica, Grenada, and St Thomas. March 16th on the Celebrity Summit if you want to join us :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Archived