I'm a little annoyed

referee

We have used home-printed tags with Carnival cruises. Once you fold them and put packing tape over them they are very sturdy. We usually use packing tape to secure them to the luggage too (just attached the 2 ends around the handle). The advantage is you can print as many as you need---we attach on each top and side handles of luggage. We were a little skeptical at first, but have never had a problem.

I have no intention to print out my own paper luggage tags and buy holders in order to attach them to my bags. The porters at the pier will label my bags. Easy--

Yep, overall...that sure still is the easiest way to go, regardless.

This "ordeal" surely opened some merchandise doors for Royal Caribbean. RCI branded luggage tags from the gift shop anyone?

I have no intention to print out my own paper luggage tags and buy holders in order to attach them to my bags. The porters at the pier will label my bags. Easy--

Absolutely, in the vast majority of cases, if not all, tags are not required until you reach the terminal, so why bother??

Absolutely, in the vast majority of cases, if not all, tags are not required until you reach the terminal, so why bother??

Because I want to take all measures possible to make sure my luggage winds up at my cabin as quickly as possible. I know that the porters can write and attach luggage tags but with what seems to be a larger number of folks needing that service and a finite amount of time to get it done, handwriting legibility may go out the window. Also, why would you set yourself up for standing in yet another line at the port before you can get on the ship? I want to get there and on the ship asap and make sure that whoever handles my bags will know where to send them so I will be printing my own and putting them on before we hit the terminal.

Yep, overall...that sure still is the easiest way to go, regardless.

This "ordeal" surely opened some merchandise doors for Royal Caribbean. RCI branded luggage tags from the gift shop anyone?

Also, these RCL tags would be a nice prize to give away at trivia contests or M & M, etc.. More useful than a keychain? Probably wouldn't cost RCL that much since they'd order a LOT.

Also, these RCL tags would be a nice prize to give away at trivia contests or M & M, etc.. More useful than a keychain? Probably wouldn't cost RCL that much since they'd order a LOT.

This is a good idea. I've gotten other RCI logo luggage tags playing trivia. Holographic - Are We There Yet and I "heart" Baggage Handlers - that flash from those sayings to Royal Caribbean with a ship on them. I hadn't seen them before this past spring.

Gina

This is a good idea. I've gotten other RCI logo luggage tags playing trivia. Holographic - Are We There Yet and I "heart" Baggage Handlers - that flash from those sayings to Royal Caribbean with a ship on them. I hadn't seen them before this past spring.

Gina

I DID WIN some of these at a M&M on the Radiance!

August 6, 2012

Bag Tag Mailer Updates: Please be aware that for the Royal Caribbean International brand,

effective for all guest documents issued on, or after, August 8, 2012,

we will be eliminating the ability to order a Bag Tag Mailer for all guests/bookings with the exception of Crown & Anchor Pinnacle members and Suite guests (Grand Suites and above).

For all other Royal Caribbean International bookings, bag tags will now be included as a page within the eDoc ticket booklets, which can then be printed and attached by the guest.

Enjoy your wait in line with the porters, I will be the Guy waving to you with my printed luggage tags as I go to check in. :rolleyes:

Because I want to take all measures possible to make sure my luggage winds up at my cabin as quickly as possible. I know that the porters can write and attach luggage tags but with what seems to be a larger number of folks needing that service and a finite amount of time to get it done, handwriting legibility may go out the window. Also, why would you set yourself up for standing in yet another line at the port before you can get on the ship? I want to get there and on the ship asap and make sure that whoever handles my bags will know where to send them so I will be printing my own and putting them on before we hit the terminal.

You have to stand on a line to give the porter your bags and tip him anyway. It only takes a minute for them to throw a tag on. You can watch his handwriting acumen while you wait to see that the bags are secured.

You have to stand on a line to give the porter your bags and tip him anyway. It only takes a minute for them to throw a tag on. You can watch his handwriting acumen while you wait to see that the bags are secured.

It may only take a minute but if you are #30 in line it could be a while. Imagine if 3000 people show up all needing bag tags. The lines will be like Disney World in summer. People with pre printed tags will be like Fast Pass.

I do not see what all the fuss is about honestly. If you want to print your own, GREAT. If you want the porters to tag them, GREAT. Everyone can do it exactly as they want, how could it be better than that?

Tags or no tags that is the question ;) to tag or not to tag, personal choice seems a bit of a non topic really. That said there are several threads on the subject the biggest with over 22000 hits and over 600 responses so maybe I'm wrong:rolleyes:

Archived