TAXI FOR THE DAY-GO WITH Julio

andinp

My husband and I just returned from ROATAN again. We hired a taxi for the day and had a fabulous time. He took us to the canopy tours and then we went down to oak ridge for a mangrove tour. In addition, he showed us the beautiful island sites. It cost us $60.00 for the day and he would have taken us anywhere we wanted to go. He had ideas on where to take us (the iguana farm, the park, and other suggestions but i had already decided on canopy and mangrove from my on-line research and past visits). He spoke English and in fact, he had visited the states many times and worked on a cruise ship (so he knew how important it was for us to get back on time). No problems, we would have had plenty of time for more activities. We really enjoyed the mangrove tour. It was from a small seaside village in oak ridge in an old boat. The tour guide was a local fisherman and did not give us any problems about just going out with the 2 of us. Our taxi driver did accompany us whcih made it more fun. The tour only cost $30.00 and was about 1 hour. It was so cool (the highlight of our trip).

So how do you find Julio. Well, get off the tender and head outside of the gates. There will be lots of taxis. Ask one of the guys to locate Julio for you. His full name is Julio Booloren (if I am reading his writing correctly). When you find him, ask him to confirm his cell # so you know it is truely him- 383-8912.

He drives a brand new white toyota with AC (very important- you will struggle without it). Most importantaly, he ran the AC continuosly (a shock considering gas is $4.00 a gallon).

Give Julio a try and tell him Andi and her husband with the tatoos recommended him-

You pay at the end and he does not leave you at any time.

Archived