Margaritaville in Grand Cayman

gargeo83

Absolutely LOVED Margaritaville in Grand Turk....stopped on the Pride with our best friends. We ran up a $200 bar tab for the day:eek::eek: And then proceeded to tip them an additional 20% tip, NOT KNOWING they already INCLUDED the tip:eek::eek: Regardless, probably the best day of our cruise!!! Just beware of the advanced tip they include.

Any local restaurants you suggest?

Stingers - Located at Comfort Suites, George Town

http://www.stingersrestaurantandbar.com/

We spent a few days there after one of our cruises was cut short due to illness - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1140391

We found the place to be perfect with regards to food and service, and the staff were fantastic. When we get the chance to go back to Grand Cayman this will be the place we will be heading to.

Wherever you go, enjoy - and watch out for the chickens.

Paul

Absolutely LOVED Margaritaville in Grand Turk....stopped on the Pride with our best friends. We ran up a $200 bar tab for the day:eek::eek: And then proceeded to tip them an additional 20% tip, NOT KNOWING they already INCLUDED the tip:eek::eek: Regardless, probably the best day of our cruise!!! Just beware of the advanced tip they include.

We tried Jacks shack in grand Turk and to be honest I dont think it would be possible for our group of 4 to have a $200 bar bill.If I remember drinks were about $8 and Jack and Janet (the owners) were generous with their pour

• 1 year later...

Welldone60, I know this post is just over a year ago, but do you remember the approximate fare you paid for the taxi, to take you to the town of Hell, then drop you off at Seven Mile Beach? Our next cruise will stop at Grand Cayman, and this is what I'd like to do when we're there.

We loved Calico Jacks. Good food, great drinks. We hired a taxi and went to Hell, and a few other places.

The girls loved the Banana Banshee....

gc0051.jpg?t=1329960018

gc0052.jpg?t=1329960018

we would never eat at an american "chain restaurant" in a foreign country, like going to hard rock, yuk. Margaritaville is so overpriced and mediocre food anyway. You are in the cayman islands, try a local restaurant.

exactly!!

Welldone60, I know this post is just over a year ago, but do you remember the approximate fare you paid for the taxi, to take you to the town of Hell, then drop you off at Seven Mile Beach? Our next cruise will stop at Grand Cayman, and this is what I'd like to do when we're there.

There were six of us. We walked out the gate, talked to a cab driver and he took us on a short tour, then to Hell, Rum store and then dropped us off at Calico Jacks. He charged us $12 each. There is a shuttle that runs from Calico's back to the pier and they charged $4 pp. We had to wait about 20 minutes for the bus to fill up. Driver said they have one about every 45 minutes or so.

Okay.... we'd probably be looking at $30-$40 apiece, just for two of us. Thank you for the information; I'll decide when we get to the pier, if we'll do it that way, or just go straight to the beach, near Calico Jack's.

There were six of us. We walked out the gate, talked to a cab driver and he took us on a short tour, then to Hell, Rum store and then dropped us off at Calico Jacks. He charged us $12 each. There is a shuttle that runs from Calico's back to the pier and they charged $4 pp. We had to wait about 20 minutes for the bus to fill up. Driver said they have one about every 45 minutes or so.

Because of it's location being near the Tender Docks, we always stop there for our last couple of drinks on the island before heading back. Would we spend the day there? No. It's a fun place, it's nice. One area is air-conditioned which was a plus for us after spending the day out in the sun snorkeling. We like it for a farewell cocktail before getting back on the ship.

Archived