Would you share your thoughts on Bermuda?

bling19572010

I would like to hear your opinions on Bermuda on what you did, what you saw, where you ate and how you enjoyed it. My elderly mother will be visiting Bermuda with me and she is in a wheelchair. Would like to know what places (excursions, shops, restaurants) that are wheelchair accessible. Thank you SO much for your opinions/thoughts!:)

I would like to hear your opinions on Bermuda on what you did, what you saw, where you ate and how you enjoyed it. My elderly mother will be visiting Bermuda with me and she is in a wheelchair. Would like to know what places (excursions, shops, restaurants) that are wheelchair accessible. Thank you SO much for your opinions/thoughts!:)

Bermuda is lovely, it's our favorite cruise destination. The south shore beaches are beautiful. Many enjoy shopping on Front Street in Hamilton, exploring quaint St. George and the Maritime Museum at the Dockyard. The zoo & aquarium is a nice way to spend 90 minutes. Also BUEI, Bemuda Underwater Exploration Institute. We always enjoy a bowl of the famous Bermuda Fish Chowder at the Hog Penny Pub in Hamilton. Oh, and don't forget snorkeling at Tobacco Bay Beach.

But...Bermuda has a long way to go in becoming wheelchair-friendly. I feel your best option is to book a tour with a private taxi firm.

http://www.access.bm/ProGuide.htm is maybe the only taxi/tour guide with a wheelchair accessible van. These tours are affordable and flexible -- you can simply say "show us Bermuda" or you can specify the sights/locations you wish to see. These folks will know the wheelchair accessible sights in Bermuda.

.....Bermuda is a beautiful place. We got there on Saturday @ 1pm and left Sunday @ 5pm. Unfortunately, a lot of things close around 6pm on Saturday and mostly everything is closed on Sunday.

Since I will be there Wed-Fri this time, I look forward to exploring more.

wasiii

Archived