Parking in New Orleans

renee1222

I know that parking at the port is $16/day. I have read reviews for Fulton and Machu Picu parking as well. Can someone give me the rates for these parking sites? Also, I assume you tip the shuttle driver who took you to the pier from these sites. After tip, does it really save much money to park at an off-site lot?

Also, is the per day rate for every 24 hours, or does it count every calendar day that you are actually parked there? For example, for a 4 night cruise your car will actually be parked there for at least part of 5 days, including embarkation and debarkation days. Do they charge you for 4 or 5 days? I ask because I have recently read about Port Canaveral charging for all 5 days in such a scenario.

Thanks for you help!

If it helps, I just booked with Fulton, and this is from the reservation:

TO CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF DAYS TO RESERVE, COUNT ALL DAYS FROM ARRIVAL DAY TO DEPARTURE DAY. A LITTLE BONUS IS WE WILL NOT CHARGE YOU FOR THE DEPARTURE, IT IS GOING TO BE FREE.

Fulton is $12/day and Macchu Picchu is $14. You are "supposed" to tip the driver.

We just parked at Erato St Pier Parking this past May - didn't want to have to wait for the shuttle to fill up before we leave.....

I am also looking for parking alternatives in New Orleans for our November cruise and came across this from airport parking inc - choose NOP Port of New Orleans in Airport selection (http://www.airportparkinginc.com). I had figured it wasn't worth the few dollars we would save to park any place other than the cruise terminal, but now I'm not so sure. We have 2 vehicles between our group so this is almost $100 savings. Anyone have experience with Fulton versus Port parking?

I am also looking for parking alternatives in New Orleans for our November cruise and came across this from airport parking inc - choose NOP Port of New Orleans in Airport selection (www.airportparkinginc.com). I had figured it wasn't worth the few dollars we would save to park any place other than the cruise terminal, but now I'm not so sure. We have 2 vehicles between our group so this is almost $100 savings. Anyone have experience with Fulton versus Port parking?

I recommend Fulton Place Parking Garage, the Airport Parking at the Port also uses Fulton Parking Garage but charge a higher price

Machu Picchu is indoors and secure parking. We've never waited more than 5 minutes after getting off the ship, last two times as we walked out of customs we called and by the time we got outside they were there. He had a "back way" to get us around the crowds and straight to some porters inside the secure area that saved us a ton of time on departure. While others were still trying to get a porter, we were on the ship. Been using them for many years now.

We do tip the driver about $5 for the two of us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I was in New Orleans, departing on Jan. 31 2013. This was a busy time for the city because of Mardi Gras and Super Bowl. This was an anniversary cruise and until a few days before departure, I didn't realize what a busy time this would be. I secured a parking reservation from Macchu Picchu and boy was i ever glad! Angel, the owner, I think, was fast, friendly and efficient, the price was lower than port garages, honored our ressie and did not inflate price because of circumstances.

I was told Fulton Street did not honor all reservations.:(

The port garages were full because disembarking passengers were leaving their cars in the garages and waiting to some of the Super Bowl pre-events.

In some places, parking was going for as high as $40 a day.:mad:

Thanks, Angel for helping to make this the easiest embarkation and debarkation of all!:D

• 3 weeks later...
Machu Picchu is indoors and secure parking. We've never waited more than 5 minutes after getting off the ship, last two times as we walked out of customs we called and by the time we got outside they were there. He had a "back way" to get us around the crowds and straight to some porters inside the secure area that saved us a ton of time on departure. While others were still trying to get a porter, we were on the ship. Been using them for many years now.

We do tip the driver about $5 for the two of us.

Do you have a number for Macchu Picchu? I'm looking for parking for my April cruise. I've never driven to NOLA.
Just returned from the Navigator cruise out of NOLA. Used Machu Picchu and highly recommend them. We made reservations like they suggested. On the trip to NOLA the day of the cruise, they called my cellphone to confirm we were on our way. I told him approximately what time we would arrive and when we showed up, he greeted me by name. They immediately took our luggage from our car and put it in their van. I parked the car, hopped into the van, and we were at the port within 5 minutes. For a 7 night cruise, the price was exactly $100. We gave the driver a $7 tip when he dropped us off at the cruise terminal.

After the cruise when we got back in port, I called Machu Picchu as soon as we cleared customs. The van arrived within 3 minutes of us walking outside and after another 5 minute ride, we were back in their lot. They loaded the luggage in our trunk and we were on our way home by 7:30am. Great service.

The lot is secure and completely covered. I believe the parking is just a side part of what they do. The lot doesn't look like it will hold more than 30 or 40 cars if that (I think that's why they recommend you make a reservation) but I think that's where they park all their vans and mini-buses for the tour portion of their operation. As I mentioned, highly recommend them and will use them again next time we cruise out of NOLA.

If you still need it, the phone number is (504)561-9050.

Tim

Archived