Port of Miami Hotels - Shuttles, etc.

rainbowbeach

SO we are finally all booked and paid up (no turning back) on the November 3rd Epic sailing!

Instead of getting up at the crack of dawn on the day of the cruise, we have decided to fly in the day before and be fully rested when we get on board. Anyone have any recommendations for hotels near the Port that also may have shuttle service, be in a safe area and close to dining options, etc. Thanks!

SO we are finally all booked and paid up (no turning back) on the November 3rd Epic sailing!

Instead of getting up at the crack of dawn on the day of the cruise, we have decided to fly in the day before and be fully rested when we get on board. Anyone have any recommendations for hotels near the Port that also may have shuttle service, be in a safe area and close to dining options, etc. Thanks!

We stayed at the new Hampton Inn downtown/brickell area. It was very nice and not like any Hamton Inn I've ever stayed in. It's rated very high on Trip Advisor as well I think it was number 1 when we went. There are also tons of restaurants in walking distance. It was only about 10 min from the Port. I don't think they offer a free shuttle service but they might have a company they work with otherwise you can take a taxi. We just drove our car there.

I took super shuttle last year before going on the Epic to get to the DoubleTree Biscayne Bay- it was either a cab ride or via the monorail (free) to bayside marketplace for restaurants.

However, I didn't care much for the food there so ordered Papa John's pizza both nights, however what was great about the hotel was having a balcony to sit out on. Cab ride from there was around $13 to the port- only a mile really but the entrance is kinda long.

I would also look at the Holiday inn which even though I didn't like bayside marketplace is near there (look to see what restaurants it has) and it was near a cvs which was good for getting extra things for the boat.

Some people also like the Intercontitental.

Since I just put a hold on the Epic for April (due to the HSN + $100 OBC), I would probably myself do the Holiday inn

We've never been to MIA before so had a problem finding hotels with shuttles that also had a restaurant, bars, and entertainment etc nearby.

Mostly we found that anything with a shuttle meant you had to walk (or taxi) to nearby establishments for food and all.

So we picked the Holiday Inn POM - I know, it's a "Holiday Inn" - but the reviews were mostly good....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1592267

It's across the street from the Bayside Marketplace which has food, bars, and entertainment.... (many will say it's a tourist trap! but you make it what you want)

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

There's no free shuttles to the HI or the Port ($25+tip to hotel, $10+tip to port).... but the area looks safe with lots to do for an evening.

Good Luck finding what you need.

We've never been to MIA before so had a problem finding hotels with shuttles that also had a restaurant, bars, and entertainment etc nearby.

Mostly we found that anything with a shuttle meant you had to walk (or taxi) to nearby establishments for food and all.

So we picked the Holiday Inn POM - I know, it's a "Holiday Inn" - but the reviews were mostly good....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1592267

It's across the street from the Bayside Marketplace which has food, bars, and entertainment.... (many will say it's a tourist trap! but you make it what you want)

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

There's no free shuttles to the HI or the Port ($25+tip to hotel, $10+tip to port).... but the area looks safe with lots to do for an evening.

Good Luck finding what you need.

I found the holiday inn location to be excellent even though i did not stay there.

Hotels near the airport will often have free shuttles to the port in the morning. Hotels near the port will not. The Holiday Inn is closest, but you still need to take a cab from there to the terminal. As stated, it's close to Bayside Marketplace and a CVS for last minute stuff if needed.

If you click on my Epic Review in my signature you will see where we stayed which was downtown near the terminal (I think it was the Hilton, but I forget). We stayed there because their mini-suites fit our entire family of 5 with ease. We were a short cab ride to the terminal the next morning.

There's a ton of information on hotels on the Florida Departures Board of Cruise Critic. Would not surprise me if a mod moved this thread there once they see it. :)

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn before and are staying there again in February. It is not 5 star, but great location for 1 night. Bayside is right across the street. Bars on the water, plenty of restaurants. The CVS is 1 block away. Taxi to port is about $10. You can see the ship from your room in the morning.:)

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn before and are staying there again in February. It is not 5 star, but great location for 1 night. Bayside is right across the street. Bars on the water, plenty of restaurants. The CVS is 1 block away. Taxi to port is about $10. You can see the ship from your room in the morning.:)

I'm not the only one who shares the enthusiasm for the CVS! What would suck would be booking the hotel and finding out CVS closed!!!!

We stayed at the Biscayne Bay Doubletree and loved it. Requested room with view of bay but were upgraded to penthouse with gorgeous balcony!

Booked a pre-cruise package that included breakfast and shuttle to the ship. Restaurants and shops in the same building so picked up wine and other things needed before the cruise. There's a Publix not too far plus other restaurants. We just wanted a relaxing evening before the cruise and were very pleased. Will stay there again if we are sailing from Miami again!

Here's a couple pics of the Hilton we stayed at

029-vi.jpg

other half of the room

042-vi.jpg

View

021-vi.jpg

111-vi.jpg

As I stated, not walking distance to anything, but less than $10 ride to the port and $25 from the airport.

• 2 weeks later...
We stayed at the new Hampton Inn downtown/brickell area. It was very nice and not like any Hamton Inn I've ever stayed in. It's rated very high on Trip Advisor as well I think it was number 1 when we went. There are also tons of restaurants in walking distance. It was only about 10 min from the Port. I don't think they offer a free shuttle service but they might have a company they work with otherwise you can take a taxi. We just drove our car there.

I second your choice. We are at this hotel right now, stranded by TS Isaac. I'm very happy that the wife convince me to come here instead of our regular place at the airport area.

I like the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport South Blue Lagoon - www.hamptoninnmiamiairport.com. They have an airport shuttle, breakfast included and it is across the street from a shopping center with a Publix and some other stores. I actually like the food from the Cuban restaurant at that shopping center...

Casa Juan's inspection reports are uniformly terrible. They rank toward the bottom of the list of Miami-Dade inspected restaurants.

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/inspectionDetail.asp?InspVisitID=3996277&id=2556882

For comparison, here is the latest report on Versailles, an iconic yet reasonably-priced Miami cuban restaurant between MIA and downtown on Calle Ocho:

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/inspectionDetail.asp?InspVisitID=4621315&id=2155271

We are staying there the night before out cruise for all the reasons you stated. No hassle!

Hi, has anyone stayed at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? I know most hotels near the port do not have shuttles. Are there usually taxis hovering around, or do you have to call for one? Trying to pick hotel for family for our cruise out of Miami in March. Thanks

We have booked this hotel for our cruise next year. I notice since booking, that they now offer a cruise package. They also have a park n stay deal, and cruise ship transfers. No idea on costs, but this package must be relatively new.

We have booked this hotel for our cruise next year. I notice since booking, that they now offer a cruise package. They also have a park n stay deal, and cruise ship transfers. No idea on costs, but this package must be relatively new.

Keep in mind a taxi from here is $12 tops and up to 5 (and sometimes 6-7) people can ride for that price. I don't know what they charge for shuttle service so I can't say if its worth it.

I think you are really going to enjoy your stay at this hotel.

Keep in mind a taxi from here is $12 tops and up to 5 (and sometimes 6-7) people can ride for that price. I don't know what they charge for shuttle service so I can't say if its worth it.

I think you are really going to enjoy your stay at this hotel.

Thanks for that info. We have 3 days precruise, and yes, looking forward to it. Taxi sounds the way to go for us. What would be the normal tip for this taxi fare.....round it up to $15? Or more?

Jen

Archived