Taking an 18/19 year old on P&O?

littlesteelo

Hello all,

Just got back from our cruise on Independence of the Seas, and am now looking at cruises for next year. I have my eye on another 14 night on Independence, and the 17 night on Azura.

The cruise on Azura sounds really good, but I am worried whether my son, who will be 19 at the time will enjoy it. He certainly does not like spending all day with us, and in the past he has used the teen club to meet others his age. On the most recent cruise Royal Caribbean have an 18-20 meet up, and a proper nightclub for them to hang out in, so he really enjoyed himself.

As far as I know, Azura has neither. What are peoples experiences with bringing 18/19 year olds on Azura/Ventura, or just P&O in general?

Thanks,

littlesteelo :)

My nephew was 19 when we went on Ventura one Christmas. Previously he had used the kids/teens clubs to make friends but as he was too old for those by then he found it hard going to meet people. He did though, and had a good time, but there was no dedicated meeting area or club for his age group and he wouldn't rush back.

I've not been on Royal Caribbean but it sounds a much better set-up, and as you and he know what's in store you won't have to worry about him!

Carol x

Will be taking our 18 and 14 years olds on the Ventura over October half term.

They are seasoned cruisers and love P&O (and every other cruise they have been on!) but this is the first time our eldest will not be able to go along to Kids Club to meet everyone.

I am hoping that being that it is Half Term there will be lots of other Teens on board so she will have lots of opportunity to meet friends and of course our younger daughter will still be in the club to meet those slightly younger teens.

Last year we sailed out of school holiday times and the demographic was much older with very, very few teens but they were still fine.

Have a great time whatever you choose.

• 2 weeks later...
My nephew was 19 when we went on Ventura one Christmas. Previously he had used the kids/teens clubs to make friends but as he was too old for those by then he found it hard going to meet people. He did though, and had a good time, but there was no dedicated meeting area or club for his age group and he wouldn't rush back.

I've not been on Royal Caribbean but it sounds a much better set-up, and as you and he know what's in store you won't have to worry about him!

Carol x

Hi we too have just returned from the Spanish cruise on the Independance and are looking at the 17 night Azura cruise next year -been home just 24 hrs can't believe we have itchy feet already :) our daughter will be 16 next year and had a wonderful time this year and last in the teen clubs - what age do the clubs go up to on P&O?

Hi we too have just returned from the Spanish cruise on the Independance and are looking at the 17 night Azura cruise next year -been home just 24 hrs can't believe we have itchy feet already :) our daughter will be 16 next year and had a wonderful time this year and last in the teen clubs - what age do the clubs go up to on P&O?

The teen clubs go up to the age of 17, so your daughter will be fine next year.

Hello all,

Just got back from our cruise on Independence of the Seas, and am now looking at cruises for next year. I have my eye on another 14 night on Independence, and the 17 night on Azura.

The cruise on Azura sounds really good, but I am worried whether my son, who will be 19 at the time will enjoy it. He certainly does not like spending all day with us, and in the past he has used the teen club to meet others his age. On the most recent cruise Royal Caribbean have an 18-20 meet up, and a proper nightclub for them to hang out in, so he really enjoyed himself.

As far as I know, Azura has neither. What are peoples experiences with bringing 18/19 year olds on Azura/Ventura, or just P&O in general?

Thanks,

littlesteelo :)

P&O do not seem to cater well for this group on Ventura and Azura. I have recently cruised on Celebrity Silhouette which has a small intimate nightclub/disco called Quasar, similar in size to Le Club on Oceana, which was a natural gathering point for young people too old for the kids clubs. Indeed, special get togethers for 18-25 year olds were organised there. Princess Grand class ships have a similar nightclub Skywalkers but P&O replaced this with a coctail bar Metropoli, leaving the ship without a dedicated disco bar..

Archived