Second-guessing my choices. . .

vijoge

First we were going to do the White Pass RR and then we decided to rent a car and drive to Carcross . Now I'm wondering if I'll regret not doing the train (more for the historical significance than anything else) and my DH is no help. He just says "Whatever you want is fine with me." Am I going to be kicking myself in August or will is be saying "WOW, what a great day!"?

i am a first time cruiser and we went with the train b/c no one really wanted to drive. I think either train or rental car will be beautiful though. Don't sweat it too much, try to enjoy okay!! my DH is the same way, but he for sure did not want to drive. but everything else about the cruise was "whatever you want" blah blah. he is the most patient man in the world, so i cannot complain!

honestly both are wonderful. You can always read a book about the history of the train and dead horse gulch. :) You will see a lot of the same territory as the train does.

You will have a wonderful time either way and I really think Emerald Lake is beautiful :)

So we must be right!:) Seriously, I echo the others. It will all work out. I have no doubt that the train will be wonderful. For me, it just makes more sense to drive. I like to drive, and I like being in control. It is probably not too late to change your mind, anyway. That car will get rented. . . but go with your gut feel, and keep the car.

I am in the same position. We originally were going to take the railroad, but I would like to go into the Yukon as far as Emerald Lake. Neither DH or I want to drive, so we are planning to take Frontier Excursions Yukon Deluxe Tour by van.

I don't want to regret not taking the train since I have heard such great things about it. DH is no help and is basically leaving it all up to me.

Same thing here... we finally decided on the car so we could go into the Yukon. I can't see being that close and not able to get at least a glimpse of another province/territory. I'll pick up a book for the history.

Ok, I'm sticking with the train and I'll try not to think about it too much. DH says he doesn't mind driving and it will be nice to be able to stop if we see something interesting, which I'm sure we will. It was a photo of Emerald Lake that started it all. . . and the opportunity to enter the Yukon. . .and maybe we'll run into Murray. . . so many decisions! LOL!

Archived