Transfers from midtown NYC to port

Andie7

What web site are you referring to that charges $30? How much do you want to spend?

Can you manage your luggage? If so, there is an easy to manage with luggage public transit option combined with short less expensive cab rides for $30 or less.

Yes i can manage luggage. the coach transfer i was refering to was TransportAzumah but since the i have had a response from dial 7 there quote was $50 plus $16 tolls, i think that will be a better option door to door

Yes i can manage luggage. the coach transfer i was refering to was TransportAzumah but since the i have had a response from dial 7 there quote was $50 plus $16 tolls, i think that will be a better option door to door

STAY AWAY from TRANSPORT AZUMAH. They are an unlicensed, gypsy operation trying to scam around the law. They are certainly NOT licensed to transport across state lines. They have NO Federal government issued authority to transport passengers as they have NO insurance that meets federal government standards.

How they keep getting away with this is beyond me. They have been stopped repeatedly by NY State and the City of NY and just keep shutting down and then starting up again.

Take a look at SAFER.fmcsa.dot.gov. Scroll down to licensing and insurance on the right hand side. Click on that. The next page-enter Transportazumah (all one word) under Legal name. Then click on NY State in that drop down box. Next page will bring up the Federal government report.

Note the "AUTHORITY" and also "INSURANCE" sections. NO insurance on file. And even though the guy has applied for passenger authority, he has never gotten it because part of being a LEGAL certificated carrier, whether freight or passengers, is having the REQUIRED insurance on file. $5,000,000 liability is REQUIRED for minimum coverage if you are transporting passengers.

Same thing with the Premier Parking guys.

• 1 month later...
Actually the "wait" fee was low, in my opinion. In this case, the poster was wrong in their assumptions, in my opinion and should have paid the wait fee. Another factor of NY livery/cabs/car service, is generous tipping. 20%++ is standard.

It must be a language thing between Uk and America. I am an educated adult and "meet me in the lobby " does not mean wait outside in Manhattan or anywhere else in my experience.I was given that instruction and it was not an "assumption".When you are thousands of miles from home and dependent on the service you were promised it can be perplexing and stressful when the arrangement wasn't kept. I find your post arrogant and patronising. We did tip generously although I feel it was certainly not warranted on this occasion.

Archived