Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

They say it cost $299 for the week or something like that,so maybe you are the only one to use it? I don't know myself,BUT if I were to get my freak on,oooooohhhh yeeeeaaaaah , don't look.Hey RYDAN I thought it was anyone,anyone,Bueller,Bueller...?:D

You are 100% correct. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I screwed up a classic movie line. good call.

I find that very hard to believe Michelle. We eat at 5 star hotels and Ma and Pa restaurants. They may charge you $3.00 for a soda but even McDonalds will refill your soda after you pay their $1.99 fee.

The only time I see restaurants keep charging for water, or a refill is a tourist trap restaurant. It is rare but hardly seen. I travel all over FL and PA and I guess things must be different up in NH. Restaurants make 100% profit on fountain sodas. But perhaps it would not be as frustrating if the soda was put in a large glass. To get 7 ounces of soda (half a can) and then be charged for a refill is pretty crazy. But the point I was making was THIS IS A CHANGE. NCL never did this before. And now they are charging if you get and extra soup as an appetizer. Just wrong IMO.

Agreed, David. We eat out ALOT, and are between NJ and FL alot .... and I can't recall but maybe 1 place that has ever charged us a refill on a soda. I also agree about the extra charge for the soup. Wrong - on so many levels.

No soda refills is something that has always driven me nuts in Manhattan. Seems like no place gives you free refills.

I am shocked there is any place in the USA that doesn't give free refills unless it is canned or bottled. Never really paid attention in NYC. Now the rest of the world is a different story and would probably help me to lose weight if the USA would start charging for soda refills.

Now as far as the ship, not having refills doesn't shock me since they profit off of single sodas and their "package".

Michael

Not to deter from the compelling soda discussions I've managed to come up with a few more questions for those onboard...

1. Do the bathrooms have a hair dryer and how are they working?

2. Is there a charge to use the waterslides? If so how much for each?

3. The bowling in O'Sheehan's...is there a charge for that as well?

4. The controversial card to make the lights work thing has me fascinated....how are people doing with this issue? Have read that there is a light outside of the cabin that turns on if you have a "fake card" in the slot and are not inside. True?

5. How is the Breakaway handling what has been reported as the bouncy Atlantic? Does anyone know if the stabilizers are different from older ships?

6. Soda program...what is the current charge?

Thank you!

On another note...saw the NCL Dawn leaving for Bermuda today. Let the season begin!!

I am shocked there is any place in the USA that doesn't give free refills unless it is canned or bottled. Never really paid attention in NYC. Now the rest of the world is a different story and would probably help me to lose weight if the USA would start charging for soda refills.

Now as far as the ship, not having refills doesn't shock me since they profit off of single sodas and their "package".

Michael

You don't get "free" anything in the city LOL

I love dirty water dogs.I think they should have a sign above every one of the carts DIRTY WATER DOGS

That would be a great idea then no one outside of our area would want to try them lol. BTW NY NJ CT never free soda refills. I am used to having to pay if I want another

That would be a great idea then no one outside of our area would want to try them lol. BTW NY NJ CT never free soda refills. I am used to having to pay if I want another

I live on Long Island, and never pay for soda refills in a restaurant.

Not to deter from the compelling soda discussions I've managed to come up with a few more questions for those onboard...

4. The controversial card to make the lights work thing has me fascinated....how are people doing with this issue? Have read that there is a light outside of the cabin that turns on if you have a "fake card" in the slot and are not inside. True?

5. How is the Breakaway handling what has been reported as the bouncy Atlantic? Does anyone know if the stabilizers are different from older ships?

Thank you!

On another note...saw the NCL Dawn leaving for Bermuda today. Let the season begin!!

I'm not onboard but I can answer some questions. The blowdryers are under the cabinet outside bathroom. No charge for waterslide.

No soda refills is something that has always driven me nuts in Manhattan. Seems like no place gives you free refills.

You are more likely to get unlimited refills on mimosas for weekend brunch than soda in the city! And from my perspective, that's totally fine. ;-)

Thank you!

4. The light outside the room advises the staff if you are in the room. If you use a fake card when you are out of the room they may wait to clean the cabin thinking you are in. We had this on our last MSC cruise but found that once we advised them that we left the "fake" card in to charge equipment they left it in and also just checked when they were ready to clean the room.

6. Soda program is $6.25 + tax per day for adults and from memory $4.75 +tax per day for children.

South Jersey calls it "pop" - drives me crazy. We (jersey shore and north jersey) have always referred to it as soda ... or, if you're my grandmother - then it's soder. LOL

Not really, I'm from South Jersey born in Philly, and nobody here calls it "pop" it's soda and a hoagie

4. The light outside the room advises the staff if you are in the room. If you use a fake card when you are out of the room they may wait to clean the cabin thinking you are in. We had this on our last MSC cruise but found that once we advised them that we left the "fake" card in to charge equipment they left it in and also just checked when they were ready to clean the room.

6. Soda program is $6.25 + tax per day for adults and from memory $4.75 +tax per day for children.

Slides should and better be free. I saw a pic of the bowling at O'Sheehan's and it had a big old $5 stamped on it.

Slides should and better be free. I saw a pic of the bowling at O'Sheehan's and it had a big old $5 stamped on it.

How much was it on the Epic for actual (full-size) bowling? Can I assume that this mini-bowling does not require one to wear bowling shoes?

Tom

I think the cruise industry is no different then any other travel industry. We want cheap prices, so we get nickel and dime'd to make up the actual cost. How can we be paying less for a service today then say 10 years ago yet have yearly inflation?

The difference is that now we can pay for the services we want. We want a minimal price with few luxuries, fine. You want everything, fine but you will pay for it in extra's.

Archived