Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I absolutely believe that if NCL lets the waterfront be a smoking venue they are making a terrible mistake since there are restaurants nearby.

The Waterfront allows smoking in front of Fat Cats and Maltings bar. The restaurants are far enough away that diners should not be affected. I think people are getting all worked up over hypothetical situations before they have been on the ship and/or happened.

If someone smoking is actually bothering you, you can POLITELY ask the person to stop or move somewhere else, but it's completely within the smoker's rights to refuse, since he/she is not breaking any Norwegian rules, so long as it's on the balcony or in a designated smoking area.

Stop worrying and start getting excited for your cruise!

So anyway in a effort to change the topic from the smoke thing... I noticed this post on twitter,

Does anyone know how this works? If I can use the internet for free while in a social network, I will be all over that for a better LIVE report.

Unfortunately, this was a special feature for only the two 2-night sailings for the travel industry/journalists/etc. There are no plans that I've heard of to make social media sites free to access on normal sailings.

Just went to the HSN site, I don't find $100 OBC. It's showing dinner for 2 plus bottle of wine, but its looks like it only available with new bookings

by June 30th. I am already booked for October. Am I in the correct site.

Looks like the credit is limited to US mailing addresses. Any similar Canadian offers that anyone knows about? I had a look, but couldn't find any...

Yeah, and I'd venture to say that he isn't a terribly tall gentleman, either :D...which means if you're over 5-10 or 6', you definitely ain't gettin' in that tub. And its so small that if you filled it and were able to sit in it, you'd probably displace half the water!

Maybe that's the idea: they don't want us using so much water? (Not overflowing the tubs! Lol I hope those tubs come with a warning! Lol)

I agree!

If I want to smoke on MY balcony, I will.

I have to agree with you. NCL made it a policy that you could only smoke on your balcony so they are the ones you should be upset with. Smokers have rights also. I quit in 2001 but I know how hard it had gotten to find a place to smoke at that time.

My husband likes a cigar once in awhile and they took the cigar room off the Star and a lot of people were angry because that was the only place they could go and relax and enjoy their cigars. I don't mind him smoking the cigar if I don't have to smell it, because I am on oxygen now from 32 years of smoking.

But as far as the fiancé goes, I can't believe you would put her in such jeopardy if her health is that bad.

I think everyone has rights - smokers and non-smokers and if everyone would just be considerate of each other it will be just fine.

Just went to the HSN site, I don't find $100 OBC. It's showing dinner for 2 plus bottle of wine, but its looks like it only available with new bookings

by June 30th. I am already booked for October. Am I in the correct site.

Yes, but it posts at a $100 OBC. You can use it any way you like, expect for the DSC. And it's not just for new bookings. I had it credited to my Getaway cruise, which has been booked since March.

God knows how many pages back, there was a photo of a bed coming out of the wall. It was over the bed in the room, but just barely; it seemed to me to be not even a foot above the bed. Maybe it was a hoax.

I think that might have been the childrens bedroom in the 2 bed 2 bath haven suite. It is quite close but the parents don't mind, it is a shorter distance to fall off the top bunk!!!! hahaha.......

I guess ill be doing an interior or possibly an studio ;), or if I can afford it a B1 again :D

I'm kinda stuck with the balcony that we have for the Getaway. I have family coming, and they will be insulted if we move our cabin away from them LOL

I think that might have been the childrens bedroom in the 2 bed 2 bath haven suite. It is quite close but the parents don't mind, it is a shorter distance to fall off the top bunk!!!! hahaha.......

I wasn't impressed with the suites on this ship at all. I think it was the 2-bedroom where the master bedroom didn't even have a window :eek: I was looking at the suites on Celebrity and RCCL - they seem so much nicer and way more upscale.

I'm gonna ask a question to get off the other subject. What hotel that has been either newly renovated or brand new that s like under 400 on a Saturday nite?? Should I take a taxi or car service from LGA?? Anyone stayed at Marriott Marquis Times Square or the Conrad?? These seems price right..but any other suggestions r good. Just want something clean and convenient to the pier. Thank u in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We stayed at the Marriott and it was great and only a short distance taxi ride to the pier.....

Don't be afraid of the subways in NYC......always feel free to ask New Yorkers for directions on the subways. Most people are friendly and will guide you to the right direction. :)

I went to NYC about or 9 years ago & I just came out of port authority and I asked police officer how far it was and which direction to ground zero & times square. I was told ground zero was only 2 blocks away & that I would need to take the subway to times square. So I walked the whole way to ground zero thinking that the officer was right and I must have taken a wrong turn. So long story short, I have made it a point to never ask anyone in NYC for directions. Because every time I did I was lied to, Just use a map or GPS.:mad::o:(

I went to NYC about or 9 years ago & I just came out of port authority and I asked police officer how far it was and which direction to ground zero & times square. I was told ground zero was only 2 blocks away & that I would need to take the subway to times square. So I walked the whole way to ground zero thinking that the officer was right and I must have taken a wrong turn. So long story short, I have made it a point to never ask anyone in NYC for directions. Because every time I did I was lied to, Just use a map or GPS.:mad::o:(

Actually, it sounds like you got them mixed up. You can easily walk from PA to Times Square.

I wasn't impressed with the suites on this ship at all. I think it was the 2-bedroom where the master bedroom didn't even have a window :eek: I was looking at the suites on Celebrity and RCCL - they seem so much nicer and way more upscale.

Well we will see, we are used to only having the window above the bathtub in the master bed/bath. That doesn't bother us as we can sit up in bed and see out the window. But I have seen photos of other suites and they do have windows nearer the bed but after 15 in this same suite on numerous ships we have no problems. We are also doing a cabin crawl with the 5/26 sailing so will check out some of the other suites as well. Thanks so for info.

It is the other way around.... maybe he said something like Ground Zero two blocks to subway in Times Square. Just saying.

I wish it that was true, but sadly it was not. Boy were my feet killing by the end of the day:(. I wish I had GPS back then.

I would recommend asking another person for directions (supposedly you walked nearly 3.5 miles without asking anyone else?!) and/or doing a bit of research ahead of time online. I try to help out tourists when I can and it's likely that officer just got confused - to say you were lied to is pretty silly.

I posted some thoughts from the 2-night Inaugural and pictures on this thread, if anyone is interested:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1842284

Please let me know if the info/pics are helpful - I love getting responses!

Fantastic job. Great review and great pictures. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I would recommend asking another person for directions (supposedly you walked nearly 3.5 miles without asking anyone else?!) and/or doing a bit of research ahead of time online. I try to help out tourists when I can and it's likely that officer just got confused - to say you were lied to is pretty silly.

Yes I did walk that far and I did ask other people and they either didn't know where it was or they didn't talk to me.

I did do research online and printed out a map, but I forgot to pack it.

And if you're a police officer in a city I think you would know your way around and wouldn't get confused about where you are. So you're telling me he would get confused on where things are for an emergency call:confused:

I could understand me not hearing him right but I repeated what he said. Also there were two other officers standing right next to him and heard exactly what he said to me, and neither of them corrected him or I.

All I'm trying to say is don't always trust what people say & always have a map or GPS with you.

Mind you I said it was a long story, But I was not going to put all the little details in this thread.

Well we will see, we are used to only having the window above the bathtub in the master bed/bath. That doesn't bother us as we can sit up in bed and see out the window. But I have seen photos of other suites and they do have windows nearer the bed but after 15 in this same suite on numerous ships we have no problems. We are also doing a cabin crawl with the 5/26 sailing so will check out some of the other suites as well. Thanks so for info.

I totally agree, and NOT having the window right next to the master bed is actually great - can see out if we want (that huge window wall in the bath is not far at all) but can achieve pretty much total darkness in the bed if we want to sleep in - best of both worlds! I have to say that I find the Breakaway aft suites intriguing though, the two of us don't need the extra bedroom and the balcony space would be great.. Don't like most aft suites because they are just too small or poorly laid out, but these Breakaway ones look great. Not crazy about the aft location (prefer forward and/or in Haven) but the balcony might make up for it.. Can't wait to see them!

Robin

I had a question about Breakaway. I know that breakfast and lunch will be served in at least one of the three dining rooms, the Garden Cafe and the Uptown Cafe. Are there any other locations for these meals? Do any of the specialty restaurants serve breakfast or lunch (either complementary or charged)? Thanks!

Thank u. I do like shopping but more like window shop. Lol. Wanna try Chinatown or little Italy. What's the best museums? I'm not really into art but history is okay. Love Thai food....where's a good place?? Was thinking about maybe trying to get tickets to Wicked. Seen Jersey Boys in Vegas and it was actually really good!! But it's only on one Saturday so I only can pick a few places that's why I'm asking (no matter what) I have to see or visit.....................?? Help me fill in the blanks!!

The Museum of Natural History is amazing. One of my all time faves. I got tickets to Wicked about a month ahead and they had plenty of seats left. Mind you, I was in the balcony. American Idiot is also great.

There is a great Malaysian restaurant called Penang. If you like Thai, you'll love this. Great food for great prices. It's 127 W. 72nd St, between Columbus and Amsterdam.

The Museum of Natural History is amazing. One of my all time faves. I got tickets to Wicked about a month ahead and they had plenty of seats left. Mind you, I was in the balcony. American Idiot is also great.

There is a great Malaysian restaurant called Penang. If you like Thai, you'll love this. Great food for great prices. It's 127 W. 72nd St, between Columbus and Amsterdam.

Thank U..Thank U.

Take lots of pics, please! :D

Archived