Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Surprised to hear about the heater and light malfunctions. Of course a new build will have issues, but the Germans really know and care how to build their ships, IMO. Perhaps ncl didn't spring for high end appliances and fixtures. DCL's Fantasy was almost flawless on delivery. Of course that was the sister to the Dream, and Disney isn't know for being frugal. Perhaps the Getaway will be flawless at float out. :)

Will be interesting to hear if more issues surface. Remember the Epic out of France. :eek: Meyer Werft builds the best IMO. We got caught in hurricane Sandy on DCL's Fantasy and got tossed around pretty well, taking 18m rogues. The only thing that comforted me during those four hours, was she was built in Germany. ;)

ugh, Gambee that's not good news we are also deck 12 B1 and I love sitting out on the balcony late at night or early morning with just the sound of the wake. :( I cannot imagine the noise if our aft balcony was on deck 13 or 14!

Thanks for posting back about your experience on the ship now, looking forward to your review and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

.....could be the new "MUST HAVE" balcony since they are the largest and further away from the Deck 16 noise?

:rolleyes:

wasiii

.....could be the new "MUST HAVE" balcony since they are the largest and further away from the Deck 16 noise?

:rolleyes:

wasiii

Could be, but they will also be the ones with the least natural light, as the balcony will be cave like, at 16 feet deep. (my new estimate on depth of balconies on 9. :eek: ) It may be difficult for the sound waves to make that turn, and then travel 16 feet. :D These balconies need at least 4 of those balcony lights too.

The more I read, the more I am looking forward to heading back to the Epic! Loved our corner aft-facing balcony cabin on the Epic ... no noise from above, either. :( I'm not going to cancel our Breakaway or Getaway cruises by any means, but we are looking for a new year's cruise, and I think we may very well end up on the Epic again.

Gambee, how is the noise with the balcony door closed? I am also curious if there are long waits for the slides as the weather warms up, and how long are you are waiting for the MDR? Thanks so much for posting! I love your reviews, and can't wait to see how the Breakaway compares to the Allure! Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I don't plan on doing any specialty restaurants. I looked into them and can find similar restaurants here at home (authentic Italian, seafood and french cruisine as well as a japanese hibatchi). We've been to them all here, not looking to pluck down up to $50 a plate in additional to the cruise fare.

On that note, I'm concerned about these "waits" for a table in the MDR. Is there a way to book in advance or is it first come, first served? We've never cruised NCL and had a beeper one night (the only at sea day) on Carnival last year but by the time we stepped away from the podium with the beeper, the beeper went off and our table was ready.

I don't plan on doing any specialty restaurants. I looked into them and can find similar restaurants here at home (authentic Italian, seafood and french cruisine as well as a japanese hibatchi). We've been to them all here, not looking to pluck down up to $50 a plate in additional to the cruise fare.

On that note, I'm concerned about these "waits" for a table in the MDR. Is there a way to book in advance or is it first come, first served? We've never cruised NCL and had a beeper one night (the only at sea day) on Carnival last year but by the time we stepped away from the podium with the beeper, the beeper went off and our table was ready.

We have never had to wait for a table in the MDR on Epic. I'm wondering what time people are going to eat that there are such long waits? We usually went around 7-ish. We did go at 6 one night, and there was a line to get to the desk to be seated, but I certainly wouldn't call that a wait. We told how many were in our party, and we were seated. I wonder how much smaller the MDRs are ... that could defintely affect the wait times.

Not planning to spend $30 or even $20 a person, but I bet I end up somewhere some night on a whim, maybe the noodle place. Will be nice to break up the MDR food. Gambee's also got me thinking about utilizing room service more often.

Gambee, how is the noise with the balcony door closed? I am also curious if there are long waits for the slides as the weather warms up, and how long are you are waiting for the MDR? Thanks so much for posting! I love your reviews, and can't wait to see how the Breakaway compares to the Allure! Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Can be no comparison-RCL the best

I have read some people complaining about the lack of outdoor space on the Breakaway. Can someone give some specifics? I have only been on the Gem, so perhaps use that as a basis of comparison. Thanks in advance for any insight/assistance.

Gambee or someone in the havens. Can the spa suite bed be separated? Is there a screen/curtain blocking the jacuzzi tub. Want the room but don't feel like eating/sleeping with a big tub out in the open. YouTube video does not state clearly. Thank u

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Noise from H2O parties does leak into aft balconies, how loud? well that is a personal opinion. For me it is not horrible, but is audible when the balcony door is open. I can actually make the name of each song from my bed (keep in mind my balcony is deep, shallow ones might have more noise). Party in deck 16 i am on 12. So this might be the first big issue with aft balconies… At least they play good music. In the morning you can also hear the boom from the base, they start fitness classes for 45 minutes at 8am, in case of time change like today at 7am :/.

I think this is a plus for us with kids!! I'm actually excited about it! Our kids are going to be exhausted and will be able to sleep through it while my husband and I can sit on the balcony with a cocktail and still enjoy the music!

Gambee, I see you commented again about the LONG waiting times for the MDR. It's only been two days but what were the times that you were seeing this and which dining room was it? Was it actually all three? I usually read mixed comments about whether or not you can make a reservation on a daily basis.

I have three major concerns about NCL and this was one of them. I hope that their “freestyle” concept doesn’t actually denote waiting an hour every night to sit down and have dinner.

Gambee, I see you commented again about the LONG waiting times for the MDR. It's only been two days but what were the times that you were seeing this and which dining room was it? Was it actually all three? I usually read mixed comments about whether or not you can make a reservation on a daily basis.

I have three major concerns about NCL and this was one of them. I hope that their “freestyle” concept doesn’t actually denote waiting an hour every night to sit down and have dinner.

I have never heard of anyone waiting an hour. I have heard of people saying they had to wait 15 or 20 minutes (never happened to us!) but never an hour.

Trying to decide whether to reserve standard or premium seating for the Cirque dinner show. Getting mixed reviews. Anyone onboard have any suggestions?

What night and what time are the fireworks?

Gambee is not the only one that had problems with the long lines in the MDR. I have read and heard about it from the people that were on the TA sailing and the ship was not even 3/4 full. What is it going to be like when the ship is full in the summer months??? They did make the MDRs smaller I guess its NCL's way of forcing people to go to the specialty restaurants. The buffet complaint is that there are no seats and the MDR wait is too long. UGH!!

Trying to decide whether to reserve standard or premium seating for the Cirque dinner show. Getting mixed reviews. Anyone onboard have any suggestions?

Gambee is not the only one that had problems with the long lines in the MDR. I have read and heard about it from the people that were on the TA sailing and the ship was not even 3/4 full. What is it going to be like when the ship is full in the summer months??? They did make the MDRs smaller I guess its NCL's way of forcing people to go to the specialty restaurants. The buffet complaint is that there are no seats and the MDR wait is too long. UGH!!

Not onboard, but switched from premium to standard after reading some of the same reviews you did.

Fireworks on Friday night.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but since reading one review that suggested that tons of changes were made to funnel people away from the complementary, I've had trouble reading any criticism of the ship without seeing it this way. Coincidence or not, NCL seems to be trying to set themselves up to profit from just about every shortcoming I've heard tell of.

david_sobe: I have to say that I disagree with you, I am possibly one of the easiest people to deal with. And both times I was given an attitude and they were always on the defense. Mom went a minute ago to fix another issue and she said her experience was better then, maybe they were just having a day :dunno:. Although I can see how that might be possibly the hardest job in the ship. Just no reason for then to address me the way they did, it is kind of that thing that leaves a sour taste…

For you to get upset about something or to notice bad service, it really does say something. I hope their customer service issue will straighten itself out soon.

Otherwise, I am very happy you are having a great time!

I was on the transatlantic and like every other ship if you show up around 7pm expect to wait. Before 6:30 or 8:30 no wait at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I was on the transatlantic and like every other ship if you show up around 7pm expect to wait. Before 6:30 or 8:30 no wait at all.

Oh ok, thanks. We usually dine before 6:30 so this works out well and now that I think now back to my Carnival cruise, when we went to the dining room at 6pm or 6:30, we never had to wait, but once we left at 7:30 or 8pm, I saw a lot of people waiting.

So it seems that the MDR is just crowded during prime time, 6:30-8:15. I can understand and live with that.

Oh ok, thanks. We usually dine before 6:30 so this works out well and now that I think now back to my Carnival cruise, when we went to the dining room at 6pm or 6:30, we never had to wait, but once we left at 7:30 or 8pm, I saw a lot of people waiting.

So it seems that the MDR is just crowded during prime time, 6:30-8:15. I can understand and live with that.

You got it. What always amazes me on every NCL ship the dozens lined up 30 minutes before the MDR even opens.

You got it. What always amazes me on every NCL ship the dozens lined up 30 minutes before the MDR even opens.

Because I travel with children, we usually eat earlier. I am not one for waiting in line before the MDR opens, however. :D On other NCL ships, before 6pm, we have incurred wait times and even had beepers before. We generally do not sail during very "full" times for the ships, however. I was hoping that with the three dining rooms, buffet and O'Sheehan's that we would not run into the same problem. It would be nice if they allowed reservations in the MDRs for those who wish to do so. No one has provided solid info on this yet. Waiting over half an hour with small children is no picnic for anyone--not us or the other people around us. Hope they develop some type of system. :(

Archived