Superbowl!

djr88

I just realized we are gonig to be onboard the Victory when the Superbowl is on. I am sure they will have it on in the sports bar, but will they show it elsewhere, and are there any Superbowl parties? Any past cruisers been on when the Superbowl is on?

When we sailed on the Spirit they had the Superbowl on a big screen in the main show lounge. they also had it on a couple of TV's at the aft pool bar. I'm sure they had it other places but those were the 2 places I actually saw it. In the show lounge they had a big Superbowl party. I'm sure they will have it in a few places on the Victory too.

We were on Destiny last year for the Super Bowl. It was shown in the theater and outside on the big screen. It was also on the TVs in various bars.

They did do a special buffett of tailgate finger food (wings, burgers, dogs, nachos, etc).

It was a good time as a lot of people wore jerseys of their respective home teams that day. It wasnt just Giants/Patriots fans.

We have done two Superbowl cruises; this past January was on the Miracle, they had it playing in one of the theaters as well as the Sports Bar - we watched it in the sports bar and I have to admit I missed dinner that night ;)

They will post it on the Fun Times; get there early - its fun and a bit crazy

My husband and I were on a cruise the last time that the Steelers were in the Superbowl.

I thought it would be fun, but I didn't like having opponent's fans sitting right next to you.

Also, the reception went in and out, so it wasn't ideal. They did have a nice setup of snacks and drinks available. They showed the game in the main show lounge.

Once nice thing about it, the airfare for that weekend was very cheap. Apparently, if not going to the game, most folks must prefer to be at home to watch the game.

• 2 months later...

should have on the bigscreen if ship has it.....have watched our Steelers play onboard a few times....Once on MNF while sitting in San Juan......another time while in Nassau when they were playing Ravens in Playoffs.....were on shore during 1st half and stopped by Sr. Frogs to check score and were getting the crap beat out of us....by the time we were back on board 2nd half was starting and Steelers were in process of Awesome Comeback ended up near the coffee shop watching the rest of the game and enjoying every minute of it.......Seelers will be on MNF again when we are on the Valor in a couple weeks and hope to catch the game while floating in the Caribbean:D:D:D

We were on Paradise 2 years ago and they had various places on board to watch the game. They showed it in the main showroom and had special tailgate food like chicken, ribs and sides. It was a party atmosphere the entire weekend and we met people who take this cruise every year. When we booked it, we forgot about it being Superbowl weekend.

I just realized we are gonig to be onboard the Victory when the Superbowl is on. I am sure they will have it on in the sports bar, but will they show it elsewhere, and are there any Superbowl parties? Any past cruisers been on when the Superbowl is on?

That means you'll be sailing with us! Come join the very active roll call (if you're not there already!) - look for the link in my signature line!

Yes as others have said.... In fact we have done the Victory for superBowl before and for sure they have it on the big screen on Lido poolside. Also they hold off the muster drill untill the next day when you leave St Thomas. Since you don't leave until 10:00 pm they have 24 hours to do it. You will enjoy your cruise. We go on her again in Dec. I think I might have some pics from superbowl watching in my review of the Victory.

Archived