Soda in tiny cups? Juice plan?

dishealth11

I've seen several mentions of tiny cups for soda. Do they serve everyone's soda in tiny cups, or just the folks on the soda plan:confused:

Is there a separate plan for juice?

They are regular size glasses. No juice plan.

We had the soda plan on the Dawn on 5/01. From what I was told(when we got back), you were supposed to get a plastic coke sport bottle that they refill for you. I noticed the cups used were packed with ICE and very small? How small? My wife and I asked for a coke. The tender opened one new can of coke and was able to fill both our glasses with one can - with sode left over.

We always felt like they were annoyed when we requested soda (except in the dining rooms). I didn't appreciate some of the faces we got. Had they just brought it out in large glasses, we likely would have had less requests. THis is just my observation. BTW- you cannot use the soda plan on any room service - which is typical on other lines as well.

We had the soda plan on the Dawn on 5/01. From what I was told(when we got back), you were supposed to get a plastic coke sport bottle that they refill for you. I noticed the cups used were packed with ICE and very small? How small? My wife and I asked for a coke. The tender opened one new can of coke and was able to fill both our glasses with one can - with sode left over.

We always felt like they were annoyed when we requested soda (except in the dining rooms). I didn't appreciate some of the faces we got. Had they just brought it out in large glasses, we likely would have had less requests. THis is just my observation. BTW- you cannot use the soda plan on any room service - which is typical on other lines as well.

Oh for crying out loud. I wouldn't have even thought to ask this. So I'm on the soda plan, but have to pay for soda if I'm ordering room service. This just gets better.

If you want the insulated Coke cup they now charge you an extra $2.50 for that - at least on the Star last week - also noticed that if i ordered a soda from the bars the glass was larger than if i ordered from a restaurant it was smaller - nobody forces you to purchase a coke card - you can always pay the $1.50 + 15% tip for each can of coke - I like to be able to just flash my card and get the drink and not have to wait for all the paperwork to be done and then signed.

Just my thoughts on the matter

Cheers

Dennis

Just returned from the Star and this was the first time I didn't buy the soda package. The price has shot up since our 9/2004 Spirit Cruise (Over $40 for 7 days and an extra $2.50 for the insulated cup. It would take 26 cans of soda to pay for it and it didn't seem worth the extra cost. I live on Diet DP so I just picked up a few cans in port and drank water.

[/b]

Oh for crying out loud. I wouldn't have even thought to ask this. So I'm on the soda plan, but have to pay for soda if I'm ordering room service. This just gets better.

dish,

Picture 1,000 kids calling room service and asking for soda,soda and more soda...no food,just soda!!!

silly rules are put in place for a reason.

if you want soda,go to the bar and get it!

dish,

Picture 1,000 kids calling room service and asking for soda,soda and more soda...no food,just soda!!!

dish,

I can't picture that but I can picture them ordering fries fries and more

fries. Why oh why are the kids always the culprit on these boards.

Your reasoning reminds me of teachers who punish the whole bunch when one

kid acts out.

Your're right about one thing though-it is a silly rule (in place to increase profit).

Ya!thats right,1,000 kids are ordering fries,fries and more fries...

(((((Your're right about one thing though-it is a silly rule (in place to increase profit)))))

and probably put in place for people like you who will or would order soda 24Hrs a day.

:(

Or probably not. Are you ok?

Im fine....however im laughing at the fact you have yet to cruise once!and already are complaining....

Just wait til my review! That outta have you in stitches.:rolleyes:

And what exactly do you have against kids?

I'm an admitted sodaholic and purchased the plan on the Dawn. However, it really was not worth the money because it was more a pain in the neck than anything. The insulated cup didn't hold much and I felt stupid having to tote around that cup. The bartenders weren't too pleased to pour the soda either. It was hard to get soda in the Garden Buffet because there was very rarely a bartender there.

Just wait til my review! That outta have you in stitches.:rolleyes:

And what exactly do you have against kids?

Iv got an 11 year old and LOVE kids,all kids....i could be eating at a restaurant with kids crying and ill never bitch...iv been there:D

not sure how or why my comments about kids ordering soda(room service) would give you the idea i hate kids.

kids are the future.

Does your kid by any chance really love soda alot??:D

Yes!!!I figured most kids do...however we don`t allow her to drink soda but once or twice a week...

on the cruise however she can drink about as much as she wants..

dish, i love these boards alot...but as anything good in life,they can be dangerous....everyone has different opinions about cruising...ether you love it,or you`ll hate it,it`s that simple...

sometimes to much information is a bad thing:D

my advice.

go with an open mind and go with the flow....not everything will be perfect,not every meal will be outstanding...remember that NCL is dealing with 2500 people...they can`t please everyone.

it`s about you and your family,nothing else....

My husband, (who starts his morning out with two diet cokes instead of coffee and then drinks more all day) purchased the soda plan on our Dawn cruise. No one ever gave him any "attitude" whatsoever when getting his refills and he felt, for him, it saved a lot of money. FYI, if you order your soda at the Java cafe' you will get a whole coke from a CAN, not fountain soda. The Java cafe' doesn't have a fountain.

FYI, if you order your soda at the Java cafe' you will get a whole coke from a CAN, not fountain soda. The Java cafe' doesn't have a fountain.

You have no idea what a difference knowing that info would have made on my cruise. I know it sounds really bad, but I am that much of a sodaholic. Any soda that I got from the Garden Buffet (when I could find a bartender) was usually poured from plastic containers and on the flat side. Soda from the restaurants was a little better.

Do you have to pay at the Java cafe? I think you have to pay for coffee there which I think is a little ridiculous.

You have no idea what a difference knowing that info would have made on my cruise. I know it sounds really bad, but I am that much of a sodaholic. Any soda that I got from the Garden Buffet (when I could find a bartender) was usually poured from plastic containers and on the flat side. Soda from the restaurants was a little better.

Do you have to pay at the Java cafe? I think you have to pay for coffee there which I think is a little ridiculous.

Don't want to rain on the parade but when I was on the Dawn meet a couple that was so upset because they poured from plastic containers at the Java Cafe.

Hey with the new prices for the soda card you may be better off just buying by the can. $40 buys a lot of cans :eek:

There was no charge for a can of coke at the Java cafe when we we there if you had the soda card. It seems shoreguy has heard different so maybe someone will post who's been there recently.

There was a charge for coffee, and a hefty one at that.

Archived