Kayak in St Johns or Halifax?

We are going on the New England cruise and plan on having an active vacation (biking in Maine and Rhode Island). We would like to Kayak in either St Johns or Halifax. Which one would you reccomend? How is the hiking in either place?

Do you mean Saint John, New Brunswick or St. John's Newfoundland?

For Halifax, a quick google search found these links and more:

http://lorihenry.ca/10/sea-kayaking-in-st-margaret%E2%80%99s-bay-halifax/

http://www.seakayakingnovascotia.com/dovertours.html

You would have to rent a car or take a taxi to get to these locations or contact them and see what they can arrange.

Someone who knows about kayaking on the NS Trip Advisor forum just sent me this information. It refers to the same link as my second one above:

For the hiking and kayaking it would be best to have a car as it's tough to get to a good hike without. I would recommend the Halifax location. A great hike and kayak combo would be to kayak in East Dover near Peggys Cove and then hike the trails into Pollys Cove in the same area. Check it out at http://www.novashores.com on the Dover tours page for the kayaking. The guide there can then direct you to the trail head going to Pollys Cove.

Thanks for your reply. We have information on kayaking (Novashores and pedalandsea.com) I was just trying to decide if St. John New Brunswick or Halifax would be best for kayaking.

Novashores does not set up transportationl, you have to arrange seperately which is kind of a hassle...pedalandsea.com includes transportation. ?? If we go kayaking in Nova Scotia what should we do (active) in St. John, New Brunswick?

Thanks for your reply. We have information on kayaking (Novashores and pedalandsea.com) I was just trying to decide if St. John New Brunswick or Halifax would be best for kayaking.

Novashores does not set up transportationl, you have to arrange seperately which is kind of a hassle...pedalandsea.com includes transportation. ?? If we go kayaking in Nova Scotia what should we do (active) in St. John, New Brunswick?

I would kayak in Saint John, only because Halifax would be more enjoyable for hiking.

Archived