Hyatt Place or Hyatt Regency Pier 66???

Let'sGo!

Hello,

I have booked the Hyatt Pier Sixty Six for our May 18th, 2013 pre-cruise stay. The rate was $118.

Today I found a value link that offers the Hyatt Place for $99 for the same time period.

I am a Hyatt club member so we definetly try to choose Hyatt when we can.

My question -- is one hotel a better choice than the other?

We are flying in on the 18th -- really don't care much for beaching or sightseeing in FLL. But we do like having dinner choices and a place for last minute shopping nearby.

An airport to hotel shuttle would be nice, but we know the airport is usually not that far of a cab ride away.

Thanks for the input.

Ann

Hello,

I have booked the Hyatt Pier Sixty Six for our May 18th, 2013 pre-cruise stay. The rate was $118.

Today I found a value link that offers the Hyatt Place for $99 for the same time period.

I am a Hyatt club member so we definetly try to choose Hyatt when we can.

My question -- is one hotel a better choice than the other?

We are flying in on the 18th -- really don't care much for beaching or sightseeing in FLL. But we do like having dinner choices and a place for last minute shopping nearby.

An airport to hotel shuttle would be nice, but we know the airport is usually not that far of a cab ride away.

Thanks for the input.

Ann

We stayed 1 night at the Hyatt Place North and then 3 nights at Hyatt Pier 66 last month. Booked 1 thru priceline and then the other with hotwire. We had stayed at Hyatt previously but not Hyatt Pier 66. My personal opinion and I am sure not the same as lots of others is unless you have a car I would prefer Hyatt Place. Pier 66 is a very nice hotel and the pool area and grounds are great. However there is really nothing around it except a service station across the street. We much prefer the 17th st. area if we are not staying at a beach hotel. Hyatt Place is close to everything including a Publix, Total Wine and Walgreens. Also numerous restaurants and small shops. We also liked the room at Hyatt Place better. Also it does have a free shuttle from the airport and breakfast. Since we had booked the Pier 66 through priceline we were offered a choice of either the pool area rooms or the ones overlooking the marina and not the ones in the main building. We selected the marina view and the room seemed to have been updated but was nothing special. If you are looking for a shuttle from the airport and nice restaurants within walking distance I would say Hyatt Place. For me I would select Hyatt Place regardless.

Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center

1851 SE Tenth Avenue

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

(954) 763-7670 Fax: (954) 763-6269

This is the one I found for $99/night.

That is the one we stayed in last month. It is also called Hyatt Place North.

We stayed 1 night at the Hyatt Place North and then 3 nights at Hyatt Pier 66 last month. Booked 1 thru priceline and then the other with hotwire. We had stayed at Hyatt previously but not Hyatt Pier 66. My personal opinion and I am sure not the same as lots of others is unless you have a car I would prefer Hyatt Place. Pier 66 is a very nice hotel and the pool area and grounds are great. However there is really nothing around it except a service station across the street. We much prefer the 17th st. area if we are not staying at a beach hotel. Hyatt Place is close to everything including a Publix, Total Wine and Walgreens. Also numerous restaurants and small shops. We also liked the room at Hyatt Place better. Also it does have a free shuttle from the airport and breakfast. Since we had booked the Pier 66 through priceline we were offered a choice of either the pool area rooms or the ones overlooking the marina and not the ones in the main building. We selected the marina view and the room seemed to have been updated but was nothing special. If you are looking for a shuttle from the airport and nice restaurants within walking distance I would say Hyatt Place. For me I would select Hyatt Place regardless.

I am curious about how you found the rooms at the Hyatt Place? We are booked for early January but have read some mixed reviews. However, I have also read that it has recently had a facelift recently.

I am curious about how you found the rooms at the Hyatt Place? We are booked for early January but have read some mixed reviews. However, I have also read that it has recently had a facelift recently.

We thought the rooms were very nice. We had not stayed here since it had changed from Americsuites. We have stayed in lots of Hyatt Places and this one compares favorably with all of them. The room was comfortable, well decorated and a nice bath. Overall we really enjoyed our stay. Originally we were only going to spend 3 days in Ft Lauderdale prior to our cruise out of Miami but after we had booked the Pier 66 decided to come one day earlier and thus got the Hyatt Place. As I mentioned we really enjoyed our stay here better. Naturally the views and overall experience is better at the Pier 66 since it is a resort. The complimentary breakfast at Hyatt Place was nice, and the airport shuttle was prompt. The shuttle driver told us that he would take us anywhere we wanted to go such as the Galleria, restaurants, etc. He told me his hours and the next day he actually took us to the Pier 66.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the FLL Hyatt Place North was probably the most convenient hotel to port location that we have ever used for the 1 night pre-cruise. The shopping center mentioned in a previous post has everything you would need and right next door is an Outback, if you are a fan of that chain.

When we stayed there last year (in the fall I think), they were renovating several locations on the main floor and I think the rooms on a few others. The room was large and clean, we had no problems at all.

Shuttle from airport was prompt. The port shuttle was no longer free to Hyatt Gold Passport members, but we persuaded the mgr to include it in our stay since we were using points to stay anyway.

Next trip to FLL we will definitely stay there again.

jw:cool:

I am writing this now from the Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Port and Airport Hotel. It is located in Dania Beach, Fl./Hollywood. you will not go wrong choosing this hotel. Very convenient location to all sorts of stores, restaurants - you can walk across the street to the mall area. It has a cute pool and nice free breakfast. Also, you can order mixed drinks, wine and beer here. Food can be ordered also. The place is very nicely decorated and the rooms are spotless as well. I recommend you check out the prices here for any pre/post cruise stay. you will not be disappointed. I would also recommend the Hyatt House which is right next door - a bit larger - also they are all suites but this is just what we needed for our visit to our daughter here in the Hollywood area. Good luck.

I am writing this now from the Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Port and Airport Hotel. It is located in Dania Beach, Fl./Hollywood. you will not go wrong choosing this hotel. Very convenient location to all sorts of stores, restaurants - you can walk across the street to the mall area. It has a cute pool and nice free breakfast. Also, you can order mixed drinks, wine and beer here. Food can be ordered also. The place is very nicely decorated and the rooms are spotless as well. I recommend you check out the prices here for any pre/post cruise stay. you will not be disappointed. I would also recommend the Hyatt House which is right next door - a bit larger - also they are all suites but this is just what we needed for our visit to our daughter here in the Hollywood area. Good luck.

Thanks for that - a lot of people are recommending the other Hyatt Place (Convention Center), but for our date that one's $30 more. Since we need it only for one night and we're coming in late, I'd rather not spend that $30 if I don't have to!

• 4 weeks later...
I thought the FLL Hyatt Place North was probably the most convenient hotel to port location that we have ever used for the 1 night pre-cruise. The shopping center mentioned in a previous post has everything you would need and right next door is an Outback, if you are a fan of that chain.

When we stayed there last year (in the fall I think), they were renovating several locations on the main floor and I think the rooms on a few others. The room was large and clean, we had no problems at all.

Shuttle from airport was prompt. The port shuttle was no longer free to Hyatt Gold Passport members, but we persuaded the mgr to include it in our stay since we were using points to stay anyway.

Next trip to FLL we will definitely stay there again.

jw:cool:

Could anyone tell me if we can walk to the port from the Hyatt Place North?

It is definitely feasible to walk to the port from the hotel. It is probably about a 10 minute walk to the port, but then you would have to maneuver your way through the port tot he cruise terminal which may be a little tricky especially wiht luggage. I cab ride would run you less than $10 or the hotel offers a shuttle which for us was free because we booked with hotwire

Hyatt Place North has old-fashioned "stuck in the wall" a/c units that are quite noisy and blow air right over the King Bed. Breakfast also is extremely simple, cereal and rolls on styrofoam.

Much prefer the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. Yes by itself but incredible views of the ports, great rooms, in a beautifully tropical landscaped setting.

When you stay at the Hyatt Place North you feel like you are staying in Cleveland.

Worldspan

131 cruises strong

Hyatt Place North has old-fashioned "stuck in the wall" a/c units that are quite noisy and blow air right over the King Bed. Breakfast also is extremely simple, cereal and rolls on styrofoam.

Much prefer the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. Yes by itself but incredible views of the ports, great rooms, in a beautifully tropical landscaped setting.

Not that I'm doubting you or anything, Worldspan.... But can anyone else confirm this? I'm booked at the Hyatt Place Convention Ctr. based on its good reviews on Tripadvisor. Travelling with my DM whio is very picky. If this hotel is really not ok, I'd rather know it now so I can change...

Edited by Isa65

Not that I'm doubting you or anything, Worldspan.... But can anyone else confirm this? I'm booked at the Hyatt Place Convention Ctr. based on its good reviews on Tripadvisor. Travelling with my DM whio is very picky. If this hotel is really not ok, I'd rather know it now so I can change...

Don't worry I am beyond picky adn the queen of compaining as is my dm. This will be my 3rd time stayong at the hotel and I can swear by it. The service is impeccable, the rooms are spacious and clean. The air conditioner is a bit noisy but not horrible. Their breakfast has been updated offering hot items - breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal etc. You will not starve and don't forget you will be indulging for at least a week on a cruise. The location is fabulous as well - within walking distance to Publix, Dollar Tree, Total Wine, Ross Dress for less, Walgreens, CVS. Also close to numerous restaurants both fast food and not. The hotel will also shuttle you anywhere for free within a couple of miles. It is also a nice 30 minute walk to the beach. The hotel is located in a very safe area and is close to public transportation. The 40 bus outside the hotel will bring you to both the beach and Galleria Mall. If you are there on the weekend, the trolley will bring you to both of those places as well. The trolley pick up is at Publix next door to the hotel. Hope this information helps you.

Heather

I totally agree with Heather. This is a great hotel. I stayed here in Sept after my Allure cruise and really liked it. Free wi-fi in the rooms, free breakfast that had some cooked food, free shuttle to the airport and within a few miles of the hotel ( but not the port). All the rooms have been renovated and mine was very nice. Reception staff were excellent. I walked to the beach to watch Allure sail away that afternoon - about a 30 minute walk.

Personally, I prefer this Hotel to the Hilton further down the road. Both are nice hotels but Hilton did not provide me with the free items listed above.

I just used Priceline today and am staying at the Hyatt again in December after another cruise.

Andrew